Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Closed Thread
Unread 03-29-2005, 02:31 PM   #406
karinka Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokuu
My sister at 5'10" and 190 lbs did Rikku. She's considered overweight, and while she isn't as skinny as a lot of other Rikku cosplayers, she pulled it off pretty well. While we're about the same size, even though I'm a bit shorter and heavier, she can pull off costumes where she shows her stomach, while I on the other hand wouldn't dare show midriff.
Do what you are confortable with but rember beauty is in the eye of the beholder and eventhoughyou may think that you are not pretty of perfact lookinh other people think you do .Yoou look like a nice girl and from your pic pretty too but i bet that you would look even better if you had a smile on your face.But also rember that any persons that make fun of you is probobly because that they see something in you that they dont have, you just need to remind them that beauty is only skin deep.

Unread 03-29-2005, 02:35 PM   #407
Kokuu
Armed and Dangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by karinka Chick
Do what you are confortable with but rember beauty is in the eye of the beholder and eventhoughyou may think that you are not pretty of perfact lookinh other people think you do .Yoou look like a nice girl and from your pic pretty too but i bet that you would look even better if you had a smile on your face.But also rember that any persons that make fun of you is probobly because that they see something in you that they dont have, you just need to remind them that beauty is only skin deep.
That's not me, that's my sister, who's inexperienced at cosplay and posing, so I agree, she should smile more (and pose). I smile when it's in character to do so.

Last edited by Kokuu : 03-29-2005 at 02:37 PM.
Unread 03-29-2005, 03:15 PM   #408
karinka Chick

If you feel as though you are unconfortable with your body only you have the power to fix it but I think that you look fine go to me cosplaylab on www.cosplaylab.com and check out my lab(karinka chick) you can tell by my face that i am not skinny and i dont really care i still got alot of publicity (althought that is not always a good thing.
Unread 03-29-2005, 03:26 PM   #409
Angel Tifa
Survivor of Horror 4-ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokuu
My sister at 5'10" and 190 lbs did Rikku. She's considered overweight, and while she isn't as skinny as a lot of other Rikku cosplayers, she pulled it off pretty well. While we're about the same size, even though I'm a bit shorter and heavier, she can pull off costumes where she shows her stomach, while I on the other hand wouldn't dare show midriff.

And that's a nice Rikku too ^_~! She made the costume look good on her and it does! It's a sexy Rikku too. I don't mind doing Rikku either. I'm 5'4" 160 lbs. and am doing Shive FFVIII anyway. All I have to do is figure out ways to make the costume look good on me. Instead of using a bikini like some people do, I'm using a leotard and adding on to it.

2008 Cosplay list:
Ada Wong/Resident Evil 2 Completed
Heather Mason/Silent Hill 3 Completed

I claim -Tifa Lockhart/Final Fantasy VII- at the claiming thread
Unread 03-29-2005, 03:29 PM   #410
Mistress_Aine
|Invisble to the World|

I experienced a nervous breakdown over the issue of being overweight at like 12:30 am last night (well technically this morning). Decided for a whole 20 minutes to quit cosplay. The thought is still in my head but I enjoy it too much overweight or not. I am just gonna do the best damn costumes I can do for my size. I am 5'4" (actually 5'3 3/4" but i have been that way for so long they rounded me up) and weigh 230 (but i dont look like it) and I am just do my best and enjoy it.
Unread 03-29-2005, 03:36 PM   #411
karinka Chick

like i said do what you are confortable we all have faults but we make up for them in other areas you probobly have awsome talent in costume making so who cares
Unread 03-29-2005, 08:12 PM   #412
Katse

I think what matters the most isn't what you weigh, but how you present yourself to people. If you're confident and proud of yourself, I don't care what you're wearing--no matter what your size is. My roomie is like 5'10", and over 300lbs--he's built like a bouncer--and he's self-conscious about his weight, but I've finally convinced him that he makes a real kickass Batman despite the fact he thinks his stomach is a bit too pronounced. But you don't even notice it in costume. With huge muscular chest, legs and arms, he looks more intimidating than anything else.

If people who are overweight are concerned with being made fun of, etc. they can consider cosplaying characters whose costumes focus on places other than the stomach, thighs, etc. The less skin that is showed, whether overweight or not, can often help divert attention too (I'm thin as a rail and even I try to avoid the comments you receive from being a bit on the bare side!).

The joy of cosplaying is the costumes. If a person walked in wearing a kickass costume, would you really notice if they were overweight? If you do, you're the one that got the judgement issues, not the cosplayer!

Katse
Unread 03-29-2005, 09:51 PM   #413
karinka Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katse
I think what matters the most isn't what you weigh, but how you present yourself to people. If you're confident and proud of yourself, I don't care what you're wearing--no matter what your size is. My roomie is like 5'10", and over 300lbs--he's built like a bouncer--and he's self-conscious about his weight, but I've finally convinced him that he makes a real kickass Batman despite the fact he thinks his stomach is a bit too pronounced. But you don't even notice it in costume. With huge muscular chest, legs and arms, he looks more intimidating than anything else.

If people who are overweight are concerned with being made fun of, etc. they can consider cosplaying characters whose costumes focus on places other than the stomach, thighs, etc. The less skin that is showed, whether overweight or not, can often help divert attention too (I'm thin as a rail and even I try to avoid the comments you receive from being a bit on the bare side!).

The joy of cosplaying is the costumes. If a person walked in wearing a kickass costume, would you really notice if they were overweight? If you do, you're the one that got the judgement issues, not the cosplayer!

Katse
It has a lot to do with and confidence as long as you have confidence you can do absolutly anything!!!
Unread 03-29-2005, 10:20 PM   #414
Shey Shey
a different kind of sane

meow
i am not a small girl.. and i've deffnilty had my moments of just braking down and crying about cosplay related things.. but.. FUDGE IT!!!
i love to cosplay, i think i make decent enough costumes, and I find costumes that fit my bodytype!
Unread 03-29-2005, 10:48 PM   #415
Angel Tifa

Up to this point, I think it's safe to say everyones post got repeated over and over again. Everyone seems to keep posting the same thing. I have a pretty good feeling this thread will get closed since the user who started this has moved on with confidence after what she said awhile back. The same things keep getting repeated.

2008 Cosplay list:

Unread 03-29-2005, 10:58 PM   #416
karinka Chick

yea but i hope she really is ok and not locking herself up in her closet or something
Unread 03-29-2005, 11:26 PM   #417
Angel Tifa

Quote:
Originally Posted by karinka Chick
yea but i hope she really is ok and not locking herself up in her closet or something

I doubt it. I remember in her earlier post, she said, "Thanks guys! I didn't expect such positive comments!" from what she said, I think it's safe to say she moved on.

2008 Cosplay list:

Closed Thread