Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Unread 02-28-2014, 06:55 PM   #2851
LinkPwnsGanon
Lady Scarlett Cosplay

Hey there again Taylor! ^_^

Ayaasan: Yeah I went on Sunday because that day I wasn't blocked xD

Sorry for the blurriness but yay I finally have my mock up dress for my Dark Zelda cosplay finished! Now I can alter it to look more like Zelda's dress. Still don't know if I'm gonna add panels to the dress to make it more wider at the bottom. But yay progress!

W.I.P:
Aurora 60th anniversary - Disney
Princess Deku - Drifiting by Stars art
Steampunk Ladybug - Miraculous Ladybug
Super Sailor Chibi Moon - Sailor Moon
Female Kylo Ren
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-28-2014, 08:07 PM   #2852
taylormurch

Thanks for the answer about WonderCon. I'm so jazzed. If a Loftwing or a Ghirahim runs up to you guys and goes, "Oh my gosh, are you the one I was talking to on cosplay.com?", forgive me! Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Tulipe Noire View Post
Today would be a good day for sewing what with the rain, but I've got no fabric. Ha.
Usually when talking to people on the Internet, I feel so far away from them, but it's so funny and cool to read you talking about the same weather. I don't know about you, but I always welcome the rain as a San Diegan!

Awesome progress, LinkPwnsGanon. Can't wait to see it!

I've been working on a Skyward Sword, Skyloft Zelda cosplay for my eight year old friend whom I'm bringing up Friday, and I'm so happy with it. I cheated by buying a hot pink dress at Forever 21 (it was ten dollars and practically perfect--how could I not? Saves me from sewing, which I'm not that great at!), but I'm proud of the heat press designs I made. That's what I was doing last night:

The only thing I didn't do was line the neckline with yellow. It has to be so precise, I just put off figuring it out on my Cameo. But I'll have to get around to it.

taylormurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2014, 09:59 PM   #2853
LinkPwnsGanon
Lady Scarlett Cosplay

dude that is soooo perfect!!! I would have totally boughten it myself if I was gonna cosplay as her (I will someday just not right now xD ) But seriously, you did an amazing job!

and thanks! Once I get it to the way I want it to look I'll be using it as a pattern for my black fabric. Once I get the black dress all sewn up then I can get started on the gold embroidery designs on the bottom of the dress, which will probably kill me haha! xD

There's a cosplay gathering going on tomorrow and I wanted to cosplay as Winry but I still have to make my jacket and cut my wig's bang >~<

W.I.P:
Female Kylo Ren
Unread 03-01-2014, 12:47 AM   #2854
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Aha. We could always do a mini Wondercon meet-up. Meet and greet to say hi. xD Though Ayaasan I manage to find you somehow.

@Taylormurch: Right? It's always comforting to have similar weather and timezones. Especially things with cosplay and conventions. You get some great tips from people if they're in the same area~ But yes, it's good to have some rain once in a while.
Unread 03-01-2014, 07:42 PM   #2855
ayaasan

Oooh! Taylor, I LOVE how neat the applique looks! What process did you use?

Tulipe, you stalker :P

And I'm pooped! I completely re-made my Elsa corset, and all I have left to do is bind the edges and hand-set the grommets. (I found the prettiest shimmery taffeta for the lining, it's almost a shame it won't show) I don't want to burn myself out on Elsa, so I'm going to take a break and then make Gumball's new pants and belt with my new fabric :3

And, yeah, I kinda went ahead and ordered a royal blue hoodie for $8 on ebay for Jack. If all else fails, I have a new casual hoodie, haha.

Check out my Tumblr for more up-to date cosplay progress
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2014, 09:03 PM   #2856
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ayaasan: You know it! Haha. But really you're usually the brightest, fluffiest person at the convention. xD

Last edited by La Tulipe Noire : 03-01-2014 at 09:14 PM.
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2014, 01:39 AM   #2857
taylormurch

Thanks LinkPwnsGanon and ayaansan!
Ayaasan: I have a die cutting machine--a Silhouette Cameo. So, I drew up silhouettes of the patterns on my computer, had my Cameo cut them out onto yellow heat transfer, and then used my friend's T-shirt iron press to iron them on one segment at a time. The bottom was actually done two to four rectangles at a time, and I'm impressed that you can't see that.
I'm over the moon about my Cameo machine. It's life-changing. And the applications for cosplay! Before I had a Cameo, I hand-painted a Hylian Shield design onto a backpack I made, and it took so long. Once I had my Cameo, I made a Dark Link Hylian Shield backpack but with a heat transfer my Cameo made, and not only was it easier, it looked so much better.
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...ps787f9ed0.jpg
It also made making Zelda's sailcloth and her blue sash (or whatever it is) a total cinch. Here's the blue fabric:
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...ps2934d5fd.jpg
Literally, mere minutes. Obsessed. Forgive my raving, haha.
Anyway, Ayaasan, I love your Elsa corset! It looks fantastic! How did you apply those shiny squares?
Quote:
Originally Posted by La Tulipe Noire View Post
Aha. We could always do a mini Wondercon meet-up. Meet and greet to say hi. xD
I'm down. Or else I'll just look out for your guys' cosplays!
Unread 03-02-2014, 08:48 AM   #2858
ayaasan

Taylor: that's so awesome! Yet another item I need to invest in after I'm done saving up for an airbrush machine and serger :3 Unlike some of the "hardcore" Elsa cosplayers, I cheated, haha. I bought the base sequined fabric in the LA Fashion district I then found these gorgeous aurora borealis square beads on etsy and hand-stitched 'em on. (I'm actually amazed the Frozen community hasn't found out about these beads--they'd be sold out in seconds, haha)

And definitely down for a mini gathering

Unread 03-02-2014, 02:31 PM   #2859
taylormurch

Well, it looks great! I'm all for cheating when you can, haha. There's something to be said about being "hardcore", and it's admirable, but there's always props for being clever.
Hand-stitching! I do not look forward to doing that for the first time when and if I run into a cosplay that requires it.

I'd like to save up for an airbrush, but I think the first thing I'll get is a T-shirt heat press so I don't have to borrow my friend's. I'd use that all the time--making T-shirts all day e'ery day. Haha.
Oh, duh. And a sewing machine. I can't believe I don't have my own. I've been using a friend's on extended loan because she never uses it. That's why I haven't bought one for myself yet, honestly.

Have we talked about what days we're all going? I have a three-day pass. My mother is convinced that it's not big enough to be entertaining all three days and that I'll skip out on Sunday, but I think she underestimates how entertained I am by the geek culture. Haha. Plus, Sunday is the perfect day to wrap things up--I know at Comic-Con, I scout things out the first three days, buy a little here and there and then binge buy things on the last day. I'm always on a mission the last day to squeeze out everything I can from the con. Ha.
Unread 03-02-2014, 03:03 PM   #2860
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Mini-gathering works for me. If we wanna plan something out. Could be just a passing wave or stopping for a snack or something. xD

Still planning to go see a showing of Captain America on Friday, also. And I think we've decided to stay at the Hilton because parking is cheaper. Ha.

@Taylor: I have a three day pass. I usually get the full convention badges. Except for Comikaze, I just got a day. I haven't been to Wondercon but I've heard it's the next Comic-con. More likely for people who can't get into Comic-con. But it's not as crowded. And even if you've gone through the hall there's always people watching! I love looking at everyone's cosplays and meeting new people. And you can't do that so much at Comic-con anymore. So, there's always something to do at a convention if you're determined enough. :]
Unread 03-02-2014, 06:09 PM   #2861
ayaasan

I'll be there all three days--most likely all day every day, haha. Since you can actually get into panels at Wondercon with only about an hour wait (sometimes none at all if it's not a hugely popular one) I usually shop, panel hop, take pictures and meet up with friends all weekend :P FYI--the upstairs patio area is great for photos early in the morning, I did a Merida shoot there last year

Taylor: I totally hear ya on binging, haha. I ended up caving and getting a custom made lightsaber last year in the last hour of the convention. And then I just HAD to make a screen accurate original Jedi costume to match XD

Tulipe: It's awesome people watching from the ledges on the upper levels I felt like royalty when kids saw me as Alice and Merida and kept waving XP

Last edited by ayaasan : 03-03-2014 at 01:49 PM.
Unread 03-03-2014, 12:56 PM   #2862
taylormurch

Custom-made light saber? Oh my gosh, I would have caved, too!
Unread 03-03-2014, 01:46 PM   #2863
LinkPwnsGanon
Lady Scarlett Cosplay

Taylor: thanks so much for your opinion on the legend of zelda forum about what wig I should get! I think the Le Tigre from Arda Wigs in Titanium Blonde will be perfect for her!

And speaking of Titanium Blonde, Ayaasan, guess who-else is making a Elsa dress?! I am but not for myself xD My little niece wants to be her for Halloween so I'm starting to work on that for her!

W.I.P:
Female Kylo Ren
Unread 03-03-2014, 02:18 PM   #2864
taylormurch

You're welcome!
And that's so sweet--a little Elsa costume. I'm holding my breath for my eight-year-old friend to ask me for one. Luckily, we've already planned on being foxes together for Halloween (with real fox tails!). Elsa's gown is just out of my skill level, haha. But anyway, if you end up posting pictures of it, I look forward to seeing it. So cute. Is she being little girl Elsa, or just a little girl dressed in Elsa's gown (which is what I assumed a little girl would pick)?
Unread 03-03-2014, 02:45 PM   #2865
LinkPwnsGanon
Lady Scarlett Cosplay

Haha yeah she wants her Ice Queen dress xD If I had extra time and money I sooo would have made her coronation dress for myself xD

Opened up all the seams that I have at the bottom of the dress so then I can extra panels. Why?! Because I'm crazy for wanting to (and because I want it to be fuller in the bottom xD) Should have a picture of what it looks like after I come back from picking my little niece and nephew from school!

Maybe after I'm done with my Dark Zelda cosplay I'll make her bow and arrows!.........Who am I kidding?! I don't think I'll ever be completely done with Zelda! I'm gonna keep adding things to it xD

W.I.P:
Female Kylo Ren

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 03-03-2014 at 03:05 PM.