Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Unread 11-14-2018, 12:55 AM   #1
Hiroto Sumi
Hiroto Sumi

My Hero Academia?

I would like to cosplay a character from My Hero Academia. I'm almost five feet tall. Female. Curvy. I would like to do something that will stand out or get some attention, but also be comfortable and not trip someone by accident. I really like this fan art idea. Link. But would it stand out? Some other characters that I'm thinking of are Midoriya Gamma 2.0 or Midoriya wearing an All Might hoodie, Himiko Toga plus equipment, Tsuyu Asui, or Jiro. All in their actual hero costumes. I don't want to do a tight bodysuit or the school uniforms though. Thanks!

Last edited by Hiroto Sumi : 11-14-2018 at 06:37 AM.
Hiroto Sumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 09:36 AM   #2
walkerofdarknes

Well, I would point out that Tsuyu Asui in her hero outfit DOES consist of a tight bodysuit. For the link you provided, I think it would be a "walking around" costume, something that might get noticed or might not. It would depend on how much you wanted to stand out, and how observant some of the congoers are. If you dropped the hoodie and had the hair styled right, I think it would be observed more. Plus you could always raise the hoodie part for pics.

Of the others you listed, I think Kyoko Jiro would probably stand out the most. Distinctive from a distance, has the most flexibility for your cosplay requirements. Himiko Toga might be mistaken from a distance as a typical schoolgirl, but with the equipment you'd win recognition up close.
walkerofdarknes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 02:24 PM   #3
Hiroto Sumi
Hiroto Sumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerofdarknes View Post
For the link you provided, I think it would be a "walking around" costume, something that might get noticed or might not.
Thank you for the detailed feedback. Just wondering why do you feel like Deku would not stand out?
Hiroto Sumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 05:45 PM   #4
walkerofdarknes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroto Sumi View Post
Thank you for the detailed feedback. Just wondering why do you feel like Deku would not stand out?
Mostly from the sheer volume of Dekus out there primarily. When I saw the link of the fanpic, I assumed you'd be going as that, instead of a Deku version. But if you're doing a Deku, then it'd be a matter of a person still finding a way to stand out. At the 2 cons I went to this year, I saw maybe 6 or so Asui's, 4 Totorodokis and 2 Bakugos. And I stopped counting Dekus after 10. At each con. So if I was intending to do a Deku, I'd want to do something that really stood out of the crowd of Dekus, like if you had some EL wire wrapped/glued and had it flash to give you a full cowl/one-for-all effect.

And I should probably explain my own lexicon a bit, a "walking around" costume is one that you'd be comfortable in, maybe get recognized (or not, depending on the crowd around you), and one that would be good to see the panels, check out the vendors and whatnot without losing too much time. It's not the same as a "contest ready" or "show stopper" costumes (which I think are self explanatory), but it's by no means a bad costume.
walkerofdarknes is offline   Reply With Quote