Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 06-01-2018, 01:40 AM   #88051
CS3
wannabe world traveler

I bought a plane ticket to go to a convention. If I can't find anyone to go with I'll cancel it but luckily it's with Southwest so I don't lose the money it's credited for a new ticket within a year.
CS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2018, 10:57 AM   #88052
scribblingninja
Magical Girl Forever

I have to go to work tomorrow and I don't want to because it's bloody Park Life weekend and we're gonna get hammered with customers. And my co-workers have probably left a mess for me to sort out and I have whiplash because some numpty rear-ended my car last week.
Unread 07-01-2018, 06:02 PM   #88053
Zoeyromanov

Canada Day today ! (Errm...was gonna post 'Merry Christmas! ' XD). But it's pretty hot today; worse than yesterday. But I got my Tim's doughnut, though wish I ordered poutine, too. I knew I was forgetting something!

Anime North 2019:
TBD

Future plans:
Trickstar Sweet Devil, Yugioh [Fan Expo 2019]
Trickstar Band Sweet Guitar, Yugioh [Fan Expo 2019]

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram / Twitter

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too." -- Wonder Woman, Justice League War

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
BIRD POWER!
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2018, 01:13 PM   #88054
Zoeyromanov

Man, I can't believe it's the beginning of August...feels like yesterday was the Friday of my last day of school. Damn, that went by fast.

Anime North 2019:
TBD

Future plans:

Follow me:

Quote:
BIRD POWER!
Unread 08-03-2018, 10:55 AM   #88055
Chiagirl
Sheena Cosplayer

Our state is doing a holiday sales tax week, which basically means that no sale tax is charged on school supplies, clothing, or personal computers/tablets/laptops for a limited time. (Full details here:https://www.revenue.wi.gov/Pages/FAQ...iday.aspx#sth1 ) Our store got so slammed when it went in effect that it felt like a Saturday despite being the middle of the week. It get that it's a huge help with school supplies, but if you're charging $200+ worth of clothes (or a computer) to a credit card the interest is going to be more than the sales tax is. I can't wait for this to be over, it's depressing getting slammed like this when I don't have the disposable income to benefit from it myself. (I needed a new pair of work pants, and even on sale they were $26. That's enough spending for me.)

The good news is I got my fist godlike on Smite not to long ago (MOBA; 13 kills in a row without dying) so that's nice. But I have to handle dinner and chores for like the next week despite working the crazy rush because my siblings are working 2-11 shifts. It's meant we've cleared out a lot of leftovers, but after today there won't be anymore left. Maybe I'll just get a pizza, that should be easy enough.

Current Cosplays: Sheena Fujibayashi (young/successor version)

Upcoming Cosplays: Suzu Fujibayashi, Team Magma Grunt, White Mage

Future Cosplay Series: Naruto Shippuden, SSB4, Shadowverse, Smite, Final Fantasy, Tales of, Inuyasha, Pokémon

Conventions Attended:

Anime Detour 2012
Geek.kon 2012, 2013, & 2016
Anime Milwaukee 2013
Anime Central 2014
Costume Con 2016
Anime Midwest 2018
(Nov) Daisho Con 2018
Chiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2018, 12:34 PM   #88056
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Sooooo busy (on top of crunch time for Coldwater steampunk, I still have to restock for Ad-Astra and I have a commission to do that involves a Toronto trip for fabrics. I'm never NOT sewing right now). And it's hot out. And I need to get a cavity filled but am too damn busy to go back for several weeks yet....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2018, 04:12 PM   #88057
Zoeyromanov

Labor Day weekend and I'm happy to say that I don't have the back-to-school jitters/anxiety I normally have, as I'm done with school. Guess it's time to start looking for work, as I've more than enough time to 'rest'. I'm hoping to have found something before Halloween, but I'm probably jumping the gun. And it doesn't help that I'm going to be picky, and I guess I can't really be but honestly I feel like I need to be while I consider where I'll end up.

Anime North 2019:
TBD

Future plans:

Follow me:

Quote:
BIRD POWER!
Unread 09-04-2018, 12:55 PM   #88058
Shana05
Survivor

I had to put my hedgehog down today as he had started to develop wobbly hedgehog syndrome. I'm going to Pittsburgh soon, I didn't want to leave him and have him die at the petsitter.

He wasn't as friendly as my previous hedgie but it's still sad to have him go.

A-Kon: fem!Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Eleven (Stranger Things) - Spyro gijinka (Spyro the Dragon) - Audrey II (Little Shop of Horrors)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2018, 04:53 PM   #88059
walkerofdarknes

Got back into my place after a week away due to the AC failing and the place staying around 92 degrees...now I just have to find my headspace to let me be creative again.
walkerofdarknes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2018, 06:43 PM   #88060
Chiagirl
Sheena Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiagirl View Post
Back in June my sister and I agreed to go to Daishocon (this November) and split the cost for a room, gas, etc. This was all put on my card since she didn't have enough to pay her half (about $300), but she promised me she'd start paying me part of her paycheck each week until I got payed off. To this date I have received absolutely no payment. Her excuse is she's still trying to pay mom and dad back (computer and car respectively) and she switched jobs meaning her paycheck was delayed in the transition period thus causing her to fall even farther behind on what she owed them. However she is constantly coming home with junk food, clothes, and electronics so it's not that she doesn't have the money to pay me; it's that she's refusing to because she thinks she has infinite time and that her enjoyment is more important than paying her debts promptly. I've confronted her about this multiple times, and each time it ends with her screaming that I'll get my money before the con, but with her still making no payments weeks after the fact.

The icing on the cake today was when she came home all excited saying she was going to get her car remodeled to look brand new. I told her she needed to pay me back before she spent a significant amount on cosmetics that weren't needed, and she blew up at me saying "you will get your F-ing money before the F-ing con; I can spend my money how I want, shut up and leave me alone." At this point I'd rather just go alone but I can't afford to swing $600 by myself and I don't want to room with strangers. I could cancel the hotel reservation, but then I'm still out badge money + mailing for a con I'd no longer be going to. My mom has been no help getting her to pay up, and I'm at a loss for what to do at this point.
I got dad involved; we haven't really been on the best of terms but he took my side for once. She coughed up $7.36 immediately (mostly all in change) since that was literally all she had on her after her spending spree (wow sis). She also got ordered by dad to pay me $150 of her next paycheck (done), $50 from the one after that, and the remainder in the following one. So I should be paid off before October if she sticks to it.

I'm also currently battling the early stages of the flu, mostly just a sore throat and headache at this point. I haven't made much progress on my team magma grunt either; I've got the pattern cut out but that's about it. I'm thinking it probably won't get in time; I just can't muster up the motivation to work on it despite the looming con. And once again I had to reach out to Suzu's wig commissioner after a month of no contact, only to be left with basically "oops, sorry" and still no progress pics. So I'm doubtful I'm going to be able to wear that there either. This con is looking to be more of a headache than it's worth.

Future Cosplay Series: Naruto Shippuden, SSB4, Shadowverse, Smite, Final Fantasy, Tales of, Inuyasha, Pokémon

Conventions Attended:

Anime Detour 2012
Anime Milwaukee 2013
Anime Central 2014
Costume Con 2016
Anime Midwest 2018
(Nov) Daisho Con 2018
Unread 09-11-2018, 01:09 AM   #88061
DanArt

Lots to report on. Too much crazy crazy #@##@$
Unread 09-23-2018, 11:40 PM   #88062
Chiagirl
Sheena Cosplayer

I used one of those sites that converts youtube videos to MP3 files, and somehow my computer got some annoying ytmp3.cc adware on it. It wasn't affecting the performance or anything, but seeing adds pop up all the time was annoying. I couldn't find anything in the control panel to delete and my antivirus couldn't find it either. Unfortunately the only other ways to remove it google turned up were paying for a specific program recommended on several sites (SpyHunter) or a more tech savy approach that involved digging in critical files which could seriously damage your computer if you screwed it up. Not being tech savy nor wanting to risk my whole PC, I ended up coughing up almost $40 for spyhunter which thankfully seems to have killed it. And all this so I could listen to the Sound of Drop opening. (It's really good though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnFNMHM7-aw )

I spent my Saturday touching up old fanfics I wrote; I can't believe how many spelling and grammar errors I let slip through the cracks years ago. Strangely enough FF.net still hasn't bumped them up to the front page after being updated as per usual; though I supposed that may be for the best as there wasn't actually any new content and I'd hate for the stories's followers to get update notifications just for some grammar fixes. And before that I also had to get a new watchband since mine died again. The first place sent me the wrong size so I ended up having pay $39 for another one from a different seller because apparently nobody carries 9mm leather long watchbands anymore. And my only color option was white.

I was excited for the Halloween costumes to come out, but I've tried 3 different places and found them all to be disappointing. Most of the women's costumes are either slutty or robes/dresses; is it so hard to give us something badass with pants? I did try the men's costumes, but unfortunately most of them were joke/gag costumes which isn't what I want either. There's also not much new variety from last year and hardly anything in my size in general. I'm pretty disappointed and not likely to grab anything unless I get a screaming deal after Halloween is over. ($150 for something made with shitty fabric? No thank you.)

Conventions Attended:

Anime Detour 2012
Anime Milwaukee 2013
Anime Central 2014
Costume Con 2016
Anime Midwest 2018
(Nov) Daisho Con 2018

Last edited by Chiagirl : 09-24-2018 at 12:04 AM.
Unread 09-27-2018, 01:10 AM   #88063
Sea Maiden

Bought tickets to see Anastasia: The Musical.

{ ~ Upcoming Cosplays ~ }
Anya ("Journey to the Past"), Anastasia
Anya ("Once Upon a December"), Anastasia
Thumbelina (Main Attire), Thumbelina

Last edited by Sea Maiden : 09-27-2018 at 01:14 AM.
Sea Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2018, 11:57 AM   #88064
BisectedBrioche
Selfie Queen

It's been a while (almost a year in fact). Anyways, this year I'm going to have Halloween off (albeit after covering another colleague's holiday for about a week and a half) and I've been on HRT for nearly 3 months (I've technically been on oestrogen for 9, but anti-androgens have made the biggest difference).

I still have no idea what costume to wear, though!

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%) Sheik (?)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2018, 08:44 PM   #88065
Chiagirl
Sheena Cosplayer

October is not shaping up to be a good month. A little under 2 weeks ago I went to pull out a pair of pants for around the house since the weather is getting colder. First pair had the hem let loose and needed to be re-sewed. Second pair had a hole on the side (how'd that even get there?) which also had to be fixed. Third pair had a nasty stain by the knee that I still haven't managed to get out, mostly because I have no idea what caused the stain. Fourth pair was finally wearable with no noticeable issues, though I did also pull out two shirts that needed fixing.

Then about a week ago my car's check engine light came on, and my mom guessed it probably had something to do with the oil since she noticed it'd been leaking quite a lot. Needing to be chauffeured to and from work for two days wasn't fun. Turns out it was leaking in three separate places, and had some other needed maintenance that came out to almost a grand when everything was all said and done.

And at work I got told I needed to bump up my hours or get demoted to part time despite the fact that they're the one's who bumped me to full time AFTER I cut my hours, so I had to open up my availability again because it took me two years to get full time status there even though I was already working full time hours while being classified as part time. Cutting my hours reduced so much stress and made me much happier, so going back to long work weeks isn't going to be fun especially since we're already severely understaffed for the Christmas rush.

I hope November turns out be to a better month, especially since it's when my next con is. Turns out the venue also has an indoor theme park with admission for $30 that's good for your entire stay so I got one for myself a bought my sister's admission as her Christmas present since she's low on funds. So between the con, waterpark, and theme park there's no way I shouldn't have a good time even without a cosplay to wear there.

Conventions Attended:

Anime Detour 2012
Anime Milwaukee 2013
Anime Central 2014
Costume Con 2016
Anime Midwest 2018
(Nov) Daisho Con 2018

Last edited by Chiagirl : 10-13-2018 at 08:51 PM.