Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 02-26-2018, 06:26 PM   #3736
gypsy_girl
Fan Girl

I found purple boots for Nico Robin at a thrift store!!!! They are the right style, height, and colour. Purple boots!!!!!

The Thing (1982)
(the missing word was 'imitation')
gypsy_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2018, 07:18 PM   #3737
Elycium

Embroidery thread. So. Much. Thread.

Planned 2018 New Cosplays: Percy de Rolo (Critical Role) / Inquisitor Lavellan (Dragon Age Inquisition) / Keith (Voltron Legendary Defender) / Mollymauk (Critical Role 2)
Elycium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2018, 11:47 AM   #3738
Scunosi

So my online orders all came in recently, the wig, the tights, the shoes, paddle, and more...except the blue shirt that for some reason shipped separately from all the rest of my Amazon stuff. It was delivered the morning we got back from a trip and then apparently deemed undeliverable? Even though the other package was literally just left on our doorstep? And we have package delivery in our main office plus package boxes in our community mail boxes? So I don't know how that happened. And I wasn't actively tracking my orders since I was on vacation so I didn't notice until a few days later.

At this point the seller sent me a refund but I'm having to re-order the shirt and just hope it actually arrives this time. It's not even expensive or anything, it's just a pretty key part of the outfit since it really only has like 3 colors, and I need a blue shirt. I could probably find one somewhere else easily if need be but this one also has a good cut and collar for the look I'm going for. Fingers crossed guys...

Upcoming Conventions
---

Latest cosplay
Princess Peach-New Donk City (Super Mario Odyssey)

Working On
---
Scunosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2018, 05:08 PM   #3739
Respawning

Ciri contacts ordered, picked the cheapest shipping option, but they have 2 months to get here so I think (hope) that's enough time.

Completed costumes:Commander Shepard, Steampunk Valkyrie OC, Tiefling Sorcerer OC, Morrigan, Thor, Daenerys Targaryen, Steampunk OC, Ciri
Future costumes: Aloy, Maleficent, Satyr/Faun OC, Galadriel, DC Bombshells Batwoman, Art Nouveau mermaid, Felmmigan (Morrigan/Flemeth) Dragon Age
Working on: ??

Instagram, Facebook, Facebook Group
Respawning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2018, 02:49 PM   #3740
Sapphirecatgirl

Got a new set of wig caps and another styrofoam wig head! I also have the fabrics for my next costume. Also I am in search of corset coutil...

Upcoming or In Progress Costumes
Peridot (Steven Universe)....... 75% Done
Esther Blanchett (Trinity Blood) .............45% Done
Sapphirecatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2018, 09:37 PM   #3741
Angelx624
Left here but came back!

Paint markers and acrylic paints to use for various cosplays. XD

"No matter where I go or what I see, I know I can always come back here. Right?" -Kairi

"Looks like today we're clockin' out early!" -Reno

Yay! (ノω)ノ

Angelx624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2018, 08:26 AM   #3742
Syon
leads the crusade

When my latest cosplay purchase arrives, I will own my 3rd kind of gold paint. I own tubes from Reeves, that I got at a local store, but I need more than one layer to get a good result. I also have some goldwax colour in my storage board, but that one is a diva. It doesn't like woodglue survices and some common spray varnishes. Now I brought a really expensive, high pigmentet metall gold paint. Hope its worth the money. I have a whole armor to paint in gold.
Syon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2018, 09:29 AM   #3743
walkerofdarknes

WELL, I haven't bought them yet (I'm waiting on the next payday), but I plan on a decent airbrush kit, plus a pattern to help make my armor builds faster (I know it's a female pattern, but that's a minor consideration to me). So now if I can just buy some time, or some patience, or some hands, I'd be good. Anyone know a good vendor for those?
walkerofdarknes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2018, 09:48 AM   #3744
Blood_Sword
aka Shiro Samurai

I think it was some yellow fabric and fake leather for my shiny Mightyena gijinka ears.
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2018, 01:59 PM   #3745
loz64

I'm always buying stuff. Then changing my mind and returning stuff. Then buying some more.

In the past couple of weeks I've bought all this stuff for my Mario Kart Rainbow Road cosplay:

• Glow in the dark puffy paint
  • Iron-on vinyl in glitter colors and holographic black
  • Rhinestones... so many rhinestones
  • LED fairy lights
  • Holographic rainbow powder for nails
  • Spray paint
  • Mod Podge
  • Fairy rainbow highlighter powder from Maybelline

...and I'm probably not done. When can I be done??
Alice Elliott | Aqua | Impa (SS) | Princess Hilda | Rosalina | Pajama Link | Airy | Agitha | Lolita Spock | Lolita Uhura | Eureka | Riyo Chuchi | Belgemine | Anise Tatlin | Ganondorf (Hyrule Warriors) | Master Eraqus | Lolita Mario | Princess Zelda (BotW)

Visit my Facebook page for photos, progress photos, con reports, tutorials, and other fun stuff: https://www.facebook.com/MythrilArts
loz64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2018, 06:14 PM   #3746
Syon
leads the crusade

I lately feel like I'm buying everything on the planet.

Already arrived:
- A cute dress, matching petticoat and grey wig for a casul Totoro/Ghibli outfit (for slow convention days)
- A wig for whenever I do Nova (they had a special sale with 25% off Arda wigs with the shop sparing everyone the tax for import...could not resist)

Ordered but not here yet:
- Dark red jersey for my Death Knight
- Dark brown leather for Shyvana
- Kwik Seal to smooth out gaps in my foam armor
- My first every costume I brought from a store >_<
Syon is offline   Reply With Quote