Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Unread 04-07-2011, 06:47 PM   #7651
inconspicuous

Suzi: And I thought I was busy O_o That's a lot of costumework for one person. Don't you have any costume assistants?

So my boyfriend had told his mother that we were going to dress as Rapunzel and Flynn so now, as a wedding gift, she wants us to dress as them at her wedding reception (she's remarrying). We will entertain the kids at the reception so they don't get bored ^.^
I'm excited for it. I'll use any excuse to wear my cosplays in public.

Unread 04-07-2011, 07:21 PM   #7652
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

inconspicuous- Indeed i'tis. ^.^ As far as assistants, I've got me mum. XD She's been very helpful!! As in "she's doing all the boring guys' stuff that I don't want to do cough." Anyway, sounds like you guys are going to have fun!! I'm sure all the parents will be asking you to come to their kids' birthday parties!! haha Be prepared to start a party business!!

I FOUND A SHARPIE!! Or, a Sharpie-wannabe anyway. ^.^ Drawin' swirlies.....

Tee-hee. ^.^ I was standing at the ironing board steaming out a piece or Sally when my mom came into my room to ask what I was up to. I gestured to my bed where I had all the front pieces for Sally's dress laid out and mom was like, "Dang...Dang!! Wow, you've been busy! You're awesome..." I was like 8D "I'm awesome???" YAYE. Don't you love it when you get parental approval on your costumes/ other projects? It's pretty much the best compliment to me. :3

Last edited by Suzie Blue : 04-07-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Suzie Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2011, 09:35 PM   #7653
nessabutterfly

I think I've decided on my next Disney costume. I'm about to chop my hair, and in a few months, I'm going blond. Should be perfect for Tinkerbell by summer! I'll probably style my Deedlit wig (that I already chopped up) into a Tinkerbell wig eventually, but having blond hair is motivation.
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2011, 09:45 PM   #7654
LKD
Is a princess!!

Yaaay I'm so going to look into the money aspect of going to Florida now ^-^
Best Fairy group ftw!
Oh me and Rad_apple started our own mini series lol we're just fooling around now but we'll eventually get to cosplayness..I'm sure we'll record for saturday ^-^
http://www.youtube.com/user/MissChocomint
Unread 04-07-2011, 09:56 PM   #7655
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Nessa- You would make such. a. cute. Tink!!! lol Really, you would! I can't wait to see that!

LKD- I've tried and tried to watch the vid but all my computer will load is the first few minutes of giggling. XD
Unread 04-07-2011, 11:26 PM   #7656
Kbelle

Well, by popular vote, it looks like I'll be doing the Jolly Holiday version, lol. The whole reason there was even a question of having two Marys was because two of the guys in the group were fighting over who gets to be Bert. Thanks for all the support! (However, my mom is killing to kill me: "More fabric/costumes?! Concentrate on law school instead!")

Cherazor - The JH costume is for Halloween 2012. My friends and I plan really far in advance, lol.

Still plugging away at the pirate costume, this time making sashes for the guys who are low on funds and sewing skills.
Kbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2011, 11:37 PM   #7657
Takozu
kind of Disney-obsessed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergeekgirl View Post
Hallo, guys! I'm joining the thread for a while because I'll be doing three Disney costumes in the next year - Helga and Milo for my husband and I, and Ping/Mulan's armor for myself. I figure that I might post off and on here, so I may as well introduce myself.
Atlantis cosplays FTW!! Can't wait for pictures!

IN PLANNING!
Tali'Zorah vas Normandy - 5%
Takozu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2011, 11:40 PM   #7658
Takozu
kind of Disney-obsessed.

So tried measuring out my circle skirt last night for Anya, and turns out the bolt didn't have enough. Soooooo I had to go back and get more today. I have no idea what I'll be doing with four yards of wasted sateen, hopefully something productive, if I can find the fabric again, then Mary Poppins. XD

But I cut it out before work today, and now that I'm at work, I'll be piecing it togather late tonight when I get home. So excited!

IN PLANNING!
Unread 04-08-2011, 01:07 AM   #7659
Aurora's Heart

I finished my crown for Aurora today!! Or at least most of it. I need to get more pearls for the bottom part. I have everything on and the filigry stuff painted on as well. It looks a little better from a distance, but it's still not bad close up. Tell me what you guys think.

front view with pearls
front view
side view
side view 2
me modeling it

I'm also in the process of putting everything together so, I should be done by the weekend and can go be-jewling crazy. LOL
Unread 04-08-2011, 02:12 AM   #7660
nessabutterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie Blue View Post
Nessa- You would make such. a. cute. Tink!!! lol Really, you would! I can't wait to see that!
I'll also be the world's TALLEST tink. I'll need to find someplace HUGE for pics!

Oh, and I totally forgot to mention that I found the PERFECT fabric for Rapunzel. It's a sateen damask duvet cover, and it's a pale beige, but I'm sure it'll dye perfectly. Woo for yards of the stuff for $5. The pattern is really perfect though-- exactly like Punzie's. Can't wait to get moved into my new house and do some real sewing!

Last edited by nessabutterfly : 04-08-2011 at 03:24 AM.
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 09:53 AM   #7661
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora's Heart View Post
Lovely work! It's craft foam, right?
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 12:37 PM   #7662
Faraday
oh modern man.

Oh geeze, my mom just decided to support this troublesome hobby and agreed to buy me supplies for a legit Rapunzel wig! :O No need to say it but I totally just went and got the necessary wig materials from Amphigory right after she said that, lol. So I may not be using my shorter wig for Rapunzel any more, but it's perfect for Burton!Alice... whenever I decide to get a move on with that.

Aurora's Heart, I think if you went over your painted designs with gold again it would look a little more subtle, like they were 'engraved' on it and casting a shadow. But it looks awesome!
Faraday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 03:11 PM   #7663
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Nessa- ^.^ True, but you'll still look great!! Especially with your looong legs! I really want to see your fabric, too!

Aurora-It looks great to me!! I can't wait to see everything put together!

Faraday- Wow!! I love when parents have those random "support" moments!! So are you going like 70ft-legit (which I plan to do, to a degree at least. lol) or just floor-length? Either way, it's going to be awesome!!

So, I think I'm going to have to restart my purple swirly pieces for Sally- I forgot to heat-set the designs before I rinsed out the disappearing ink I drew the initial designs with- and I only used cold water/no soap to rinse it! DX I tried to go back over it but I can't get it to look right now. lol I need to get a legit fabric marker anyway, so I'll get one next time I go to Walmart.

Also, this is random and off-topic but I have a yard of white spandex I bought for making gloves that I'm no longer going to make, but for some reason I'm really itching to use it for something. I hear it calling "SAILORRRR MOOOOONNNNN" to me from the closet, but I don't know...my parent's would murderize me if I tried to wear a skirt that short!! XD That's a cosplay for when I'm out on my own. ^.^ Sailor V is really the only Scout I could cosplay while still under my parents' roof. lol

Last edited by Suzie Blue : 04-08-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Suzie Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 03:49 PM   #7664
Arlette
tsundere as shit

My friend had a good idea about how to possibly make a super long Rapunzel wig (as in not in the braid) that could be worn without elastic bands in it or anything like that...but it will take quite a bit of time, money and patience. I'm thinking of trying it anyway, and if it works, I'll put out a tutorial for all future Rapunzels everywhere!

That said, since I'm still going to use my current wig for the braided version (I'm going to take it apart soon and fix the things that bug me and make it thicker), I'll be using a whole new base wig and matching extensions for this other endeavor. So my question is really in regards to the color!

I find that I really love a darker gold/blonde that some people use for Rapunzel, but it needs to be from a store that I will be able to go back and buy extensions from over a period of time. Possibly even the rest of the year (since it would impossible to afford everything at once)

I was considering this wig: http://shop.cosplay.com/ccx02-gold-e...aight-wig.html

And these matching extensions: http://shop.cosplay.com/ccew15-gold-...xtensions.html

But I would love any other suggestions! Especially for extensions that are maybe a little longer so I can get more bang for my buck with each purchase.
Arlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 03:50 PM   #7665
Takozu
kind of Disney-obsessed.

Aurora: Beautiful! Better than anything I could make. I suck at prop/accessory making.

Suzie: There's a tutorial somewhere on the net to make one out of a leotard if you dunno where to start. XD

Mostly all of us have made a dress here, so, tips on hemming the skirt? I hemmed mine last night and it's just ugly. It's even, but the fold/edges are wrinkly. Should I make cuts in the fabric to make it look better, or something similar?

IN PLANNING!

Last edited by Takozu : 04-08-2011 at 03:52 PM. Reason: clarity