Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Ohayocon

Unread 11-19-2005, 02:25 PM   #1
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Cosplay.com Member Gathering @ Ohayocon

Hey everyone,

Since 2004 at Ohayocon we've had the cosplay.com big-group photoshoot gathering, and so I'd like to host it again this year if people are interested.

Here's the group we had last year, although 2004's was a little bigger:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=258627

For those of you who are new to cosplay.com or to Ohayocon, here's how the c.com gathering works: Just simply show up at the appropriate time & location on Saturday wearing any costume you choose, and then when it's time we'll gather everyone up and you just stand there and pose for 5-10 minutes. And that's it! Afterwards, I'll still be hanging around taking individual pictures, so if I haven't taken your picture yet, please come say hello to me.

Here's the information for the gathering:

DAY: Saturday, January 7th
TIME: 2:00pm
LOCATION: Convention Center Atrium Staircase (see above picture)
REQUIREMENTS: Must wear a costume

NOTE: This gathering will be for anyone in costume who happens to be in the area during that time, and they don't necc. have to be a member of cosplay.com. So if you have friends who are in costume during that time, but aren't members, they are still welcome to join us for the gathering.

2ND NOTE: I also know that sometimes on Saturday there are other gatherings (Final Fantasy, Naruto, Bleach, FMA, etc.) and also judging or rehearsal for the masquerade that may take place at the same time, so please reply here with your thoughts on the time. I don't want to have it too early or too late, but I do wish to have as many cosplayers make it to the gathering so that we can all get together for a fun time!

Last edited by Eurobeat King : 12-27-2005 at 03:30 AM.
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2005, 02:40 PM   #2
ParaPara*Tsu
New Acct.- EmpressTORIA

I know that I've head about photo shoots that cost money from Cosplay.com. This doesn't cost money, does it?

And It seems like a good time and place to meet ((*tries to remember where that location is*)
ParaPara*Tsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2005, 04:03 PM   #3
KnuxieChan
Thunderbolt's Bitch

Nope, this photoshoot doesn't cost money. Those're just the private ones. =3

Well, we've had the photoshoot at 1 every year so far, haven't we? Although I worry about the cosplay judging.. because they take FOREVER just to get organized. Maybe make it around 2?
Major Raikov (Metal Gear Solid 3)
Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker)
Joltik (Pokémon Hoodie)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4)
Marik Ishtar (YGOTAS)

----------------------
KnuxieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2005, 04:46 PM   #4
Splenda
Only a dream...

I'll be there! I'm curious though, will Admin be coming again this year? It was really cool to meet him last year! Not that you're not cool too Al!

Working on: Marle [Chrono Trigger], Chie [Persona 4], Hikaru [Rayearth]
Splenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2005, 05:17 PM   #5
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

ParaPara*Tsu: The cosplay.com gathering is simply a big-group photoshoot of everyone who can make it and is cosplaying during the time of the gathering. (it's similar to the Naruto, Final Fantasy, FMA, etc. gatherings you'll see at cons.) This gathering/photoshoot is not to be confused with the photoshoots that I do when walking around. Those also are free and all you have to do is find me when you're in your costume(s) and say hi, if I don't already ask you first to take your picture.

Shippo87: I can remember having one since 2004 when Ohayocon moved to the Columbus Convention Center. I don't recall having one in the hotel in 2003, and 2002 (my first year attending) cosplay.com had not been formed yet. 2:00pm can be done, since I'm usually free, but let's see what everyone else thinks about the meeting time: 1:00pm or 2:00pm?

NyaoNyaoNeko: Thanks for the compliment! It hasn't been determined yet if Admin is returning this year, as he's still busy with the post-con pics from the con in Mexico, and other stuff. Once he finds out anything, he'll post if he (and/or Adella) will be attending Ohayocon.
Unread 11-19-2005, 07:44 PM   #6
Elycium

well, I know the naruto gathering is at 3, so I'm good for either 1:00 or 2:00. I can't wait to see everyone. ^^

Planned 2018 New Cosplays: Percy de Rolo (Critical Role) / Inquisitor Lavellan (Dragon Age Inquisition) / Keith (Voltron Legendary Defender) / Mollymauk (Critical Role 2)
Elycium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2005, 07:50 PM   #7
Miyabi-
All Will Be Well

Um...the only thing about this is that it might cut into some people's pre-judge times for the masq. And no worries Shippo! We're organized this year! You get assigned a pre-judge time and THEN you come to it. NO LINES!!! Whooo!

Ha ha..watch..NO ONE will schedule their pre-judge time during the time of the photoshoot and the judges will be sitting there wondering "where IS everyone?!" LOL. ^_^
Miyabi- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2005, 07:57 PM   #8
Chibik3r0
Pants Pants Revolution

I'll be there again regardless of what time it is. Hopefully we'll get a bigger turn out than last year ^_^ Maybe a tasteful sign would help?

Anime North :: Colossal Con :: SDCC
Chibik3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2005, 11:51 PM   #9
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Chibik3r0: Usually we don't need a sign, or have one, unless Admin & Adella bring the banner they made and used back in 2003-2004. And since I usually am the one organizing the gathering, if people see me gathering everyone together (and since it's a mix of different anime, video-game, & j-rock cosplayers) they should know it's a cosplay.com gathering.

Like before, I'll gather everyone together and take several pictures myself, and then I'll ask someone (probably Lionel) to take a few of me posing with the group, as one of the moderators.
Unread 11-20-2005, 01:27 AM   #10
ParaPara*Tsu
New Acct.- EmpressTORIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurobeat King
Chibik3r0: Usually we don't need a sign, or have one, unless Admin & Adella bring the banner they made and used back in 2003-2004. And since I usually am the one organizing the gathering, if people see me gathering everyone together (and since it's a mix of different anime, video-game, & j-rock cosplayers) they should know it's a cosplay.com gathering.

Like before, I'll gather everyone together and take several pictures myself, and then I'll ask someone (probably Lionel) to take a few of me posing with the group, as one of the moderators.
Huh? No sign? Then how will I know if it is you guys?! Maybe I should make a cool name tag ands end it to you through e-mail! lol, j/k. How much are private shoots, anyways?
Unread 11-20-2005, 01:34 AM   #11
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

I can probably roll out of bed by 1, but be in costume...?
Haha, just kidding. I think the earlier time is better, personally. ^_-
As I recall from last year, many groups were loitering in that area around 1pm anyway, so it shouldn't be too hard to push them all together on the stairs again, right?

(Hey, I get to come to Ohayo, it now seems. I really didn't think I was going to make it this time.)
Yui is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2005, 01:42 AM   #12
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaPara*Tsu
Huh? No sign? Then how will I know if it is you guys?! Maybe I should make a cool name tag ands end it to you through e-mail! lol, j/k. How much are private shoots, anyways?
Just look for me around that area, either wearing my EBK attire (Avatar picture) or other normal clothes. Usually I hang around, and wait 5-10 minutes, and THEN i'll make the announcement to have all the cosplayers assemble on the staircase for the photoshoot.
Unread 11-20-2005, 02:32 AM   #13
ParaPara*Tsu
New Acct.- EmpressTORIA

ok. Thanks.
(*is too excited to wait 7 weeks...(*cries(*)
Unread 11-20-2005, 07:35 AM   #14
Miyabi-
All Will Be Well

Oh! Might I suggest that cosplay.com people do something to recognize each other? Say, maybe we can all tie a purple-colored ribbon to our badges?

That might make it easier for Al to herd people. ^_^
Miyabi- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2005, 07:57 AM   #15
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonekoMiyabi
Oh! Might I suggest that cosplay.com people do something to recognize each other? Say, maybe we can all tie a purple-colored ribbon to our badges?

That might make it easier for Al to herd people. ^_^
Hehe We've tried the ribbon-thing before, but usually it's pretty easy just for everyone to meet at the desired meeting-place for the gathering. Plus before the gathering (from Saturday morning on) I tell people about the gathering and sometimes they come up and ask me what time & place to meet for it. And also making this thread regarding the gathering before the convention gives people (hopefully) enough time to read and know about it so they'll know when & where to go come Ohayocon itself.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=259037 (Another picture with me posing with the group)