Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Unread 02-09-2016, 07:41 PM   #16
TeaForThought
Knows nothing

I've been steadily working on Kylo Ren after a run in my custom Jedi consular gear....so far, so good.

I'm not 100% happy with things like the undershirt and belt, but I'm going to give it a test run at a convention before I try to make any major changes just yet. Over all, it's not terrible so I can live with it although I almost wish I'd just saved up and bought a set from Xcoser.
Unread 02-15-2016, 04:12 PM   #17
Sirenescence
Not fat, I'm fluffy

I'm currently working on Rey and upgrading my ANH Leia. Rey shouldn't be too hard (since I'm doing the most basic version of her) and I'm hoping to have her done before the 1st of June.
Sirenescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2016, 01:03 PM   #18
Rogue-Eaglet

I'm thinking of possibly cosplaying that female character from the Rogue One spin-off, but I'm waiting for more info/resources to be released before committing to the project. In the meantime I'm working on Jaina Solo from "Legends" and should hopefully get everything assembled for July.

Speaking of which, I have a silly question for you all. I took a small break from this particular fandom around the time Disney bought it and only returned to it last November, so I'm a bit out of the loop in regards to how's everyone reaction to the "Legends" brand. There's still room for cosplays from those sources, right?

W.I.P. Log
Sailor Jupiter (Sailor Moon); Han Solo (SW: ESB); Ardyn Izunia (FFXV); Evie Frye (AS: Syndicate)
Rogue-Eaglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2016, 05:06 PM   #19
Sirenescence
Not fat, I'm fluffy

Oh yeah I still see people cosplaying characters from "Legends" I met someone at Ohayocon this year who cosplayed Jaina faithfully, now more casual or new fans probably won't know who you are but the die-hards will definitely appreciate seeing people dressed as characters from the "Legends." I'd eventually like to do a Mara Jade cosplay maybe a Jaina as well.
Unread 02-16-2016, 07:21 PM   #20
Rogue-Eaglet

That's good to hear! I'm doing her traditional jedi robes outfit so the worst that'll happen is I'll just be thrown into the OC jedi bandwagon by those who don't recognize her. I would love to do Mara as well, she's my favorite, but I don't think I could do her justice.

W.I.P. Log
Sailor Jupiter (Sailor Moon); Han Solo (SW: ESB); Ardyn Izunia (FFXV); Evie Frye (AS: Syndicate)
Unread 02-16-2016, 07:46 PM   #21
Sirenescence
Not fat, I'm fluffy

I'm not sure if I could do her too much justice either, red hair with my skin-tone? No bueno. But I just LOVE her black jumpsuit so much that I may try to go with a really dark red wig to compromise.
Unread 05-01-2016, 07:13 PM   #22
kingtoy

I have a custom Sith I have been working on. Meet Darth Exitius

kingtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2016, 05:22 PM   #23
QueenZombean

I've almost got a wicked Kylo Ren helmet finished up, and then I'm curious to see what I can do. I'm a girl so it'll be gender bent, but that can be fun!
QueenZombean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2016, 08:26 AM   #24
Charlemagne
Champion of Kirkwall

I've made a Luke costume! Obi-Wan is in my closet in a bag ready to be crafted (because beards), but I'm also in the prelim stages of working on a Padme gown.

Hawke - Dragon Age (100%)
Padme Amidala (Loyalist Committee Gown) - Star Wars (Planned)
Eowyn - Lord of the Rings (Planned)
Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2016, 08:29 AM   #25
kandell

Debuted my Rey at Acen and applied for the Rebel Legion. I'm super anxious to hear what they'll want me to change before I get approved XP
Facebook
AC Paradise
Twitter
kandell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2016, 01:10 PM   #26
QueenZombean

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandell View Post
Debuted my Rey at Acen and applied for the Rebel Legion. I'm super anxious to hear what they'll want me to change before I get approved XP
Rebel legion!?
QueenZombean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2016, 02:43 PM   #27
Blue Leader
The Gundam Fanatic

Quote:
Good luck! I've been in the Rebel Legion for around eight years now and I've enjoyed it. I have a pilot and a Jedi costume currently though I'd like to start working on a Baze costume from Rogue One. I'm also a Rebel pilot costume judge.

I'm currently working on my latest pilot costume, which is another revision to my existing pilot that I keep trying to get more and more accurate. It's the all-too-unusual B-wing pilot (the red suit pilots in Return of the Jedi). I've rebuilt a new chestbox and tracked down some of the movie-accurate parts for it, I have a helmet mold that was used to make the movie helmets, and various other stuff. I'm looking forward to getting it finished, it's a costume I've been working on for ten years now. Once finished it'll be the most accurate B-wing pilot costume in the Rebel Legion.

Anyhow, back to the main topic, I'm definitely into Star Wars cosplay. I'm ever so slowly working on a First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter pilot (The Force Awakens) and I'm interested in doing a Shoretrooper (Rogue One) and an Emperor Palpatine. Guess I'll see how those pan out, heh heh...
Unread 09-08-2016, 11:54 PM   #28
CrapFaceNinja
So Say We All

I'm working on TFA resistance x-wing pilot cosplay. I have all the materials, just need to get the dang thing done before rouge one!
CrapFaceNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2016, 12:38 PM   #29
kandell

A quick update. My Rey was approved! I also ended up joining the 501st legion as an Imperial Officer, and I'm currently working on Leia's senatorial gown. The gown itself is basically done, although I might need to shorten the hood. The belt is partially done, just needs to be sized and have the metal pieces made and attached. The boots I ordered have yet to ship, so that will likely be the biggest wait :/
Facebook
AC Paradise
Twitter
kandell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2016, 07:05 PM   #30
Rogue-Eaglet

Quote:
A quick update. My Rey was approved! I also ended up joining the 501st legion as an Imperial Officer, and I'm currently working on Leia's senatorial gown. The gown itself is basically done, although I might need to shorten the hood. The belt is partially done, just needs to be sized and have the metal pieces made and attached. The boots I ordered have yet to ship, so that will likely be the biggest wait :/
Congrats! I'm still hunting down a better pair of boots and need to dye my tabards before I can re-sbumit my Jaina. Hoping to get that done by the start of October. Other than that, I've started collecting the supplies for Han's Bespin outfit and the New Republic's Dress Uniform for pilots. Goal is to get all that done in time for Celebration Orlando next year.

W.I.P. Log