Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 06-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #1
Problem covering eyebrows

Okay, so last night I tried doing the eyebrow covering trick with spirit gum and wax instead of the glue. Turned out pretty much the same.

The problem I'm having is that even after several coats of glue, or with a coat of wax, my eyebrows are still quite visible, and I can't use an eyebrow pencil over top of it, because instead of drawing on an eyebrow it just removes some of the glue or wax.

I've looked at several Youtube videos and can't get anywhere near the invisibility of the eyebrows that they're able to get for some reason. Any suggestions?
Cosplay In Progress

Gothic Lolita Doll

Cosplay Planned

Pauline from Champagne Charlie (1989)
TorgHacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 11:32 PM   #2
Just a tiny magical star
Been looking into trimming them instead personally. Trim the uneeded ones short, neaten the rest, and line.

My problem is actually drawing proper one/deciding the proper shape in first place. I have that problem in choosing a pair of glasses that'll fit too @_@
MagicalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 01:37 AM   #3
I do a coat of glue, coat of powder, let dry, coat of glue coat of powder, let dry then fill in the small holes with more glue, final of powder and then foundation over them aaaand then paint. Takes awhile but works well if you have the time
Reilala is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 01:44 AM   #4
Liquid latex over the glue/spirit gum works wonders. You can draw on it once it dries.
Oh sweet Christabel, share with me your poem. For I know know, I'm a puppet on this silent stage show. I'm but a poet who failed his best play... a dead boy who failed to write an ending to each of his poems.

Cons: Anime North Texas, Ikkicon '15

Completed: RED Engineer (TF2), Hearts Boxcars (Homestuck), Skull Kid (Majora's Mask), Poe Salesman (Zelda series)

In Progress: Happy Mask Salesman (Zelda series)

Future: Birch (Zelda fan character), two original designs (see my gallery!)
Lookathere is offline   Reply With Quote