Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 09-22-2016, 08:22 PM   #16
Alycone

My update is:

As of today, nearly 3 years since I first contacted Katja Von, I have still not received my package or a full refund. I did receive a partial refund of $500, more than half of the funds I paid her, earlier in 2016.

Given the last mitigating bit, I am inclined to view her a little better, but I am not completely satisfied with the nearly three years of being worried that I might have trusted the wrong person, feeling rather silly at times about trusting someone online with nearly $1000, and of course, not receiving what I should have received. There were more than a few days where I was very upset over all of this, mostly during the long periods without communication, because I suffer from that "I am rather educated and sensible so I really should be able to see through deceptions" thing.

I hope that she will send my package eventually.

Last edited by Alycone : 11-08-2016 at 11:57 PM.
Alycone is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-20-2016, 12:55 AM   #17
Adnawun

It's been a year since I first contacted Katja for a full costume commission. At first she was extremely helpful - organized a payment plan and everything. When I requested progress photos (which to me is standard when getting commissions done, regardless of it being cosplay or otherwise) she ensured she would send them to me. A whole year and I have not seen one photo. Throughout the year I have had to instigate communication every time, except for one email that she sent to me which was the only email that detailed work she has apparently done and her reason behind not liking to send progress photos.

She is five months late for our original agreed June finish date and I have spent almost $1,500 (AUD).

I think while she is quite a nice person to speak to, her business management is awful and I definitely wouldn't recommend her because of that. I had no reason to think she wouldn't be trustworthy based on her Kylo Ren commissions but this has been by far the most stressful commission I've ever had.
Adnawun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2016, 08:31 AM   #18
Milky Bubbles
(◍•ᴗ•◍)

Wow, I had no idea that Katja was still pulling in victims. :c
I am so sorry to all the recent people that she's fooled and taken thousands of dollars from, I hope that at least in some way you are able to get something back.

-Various Overwatch stuff
-Purah, LoZ: Breath of the Wild
-Sakizo(This shouldn't be a surprise!)

fυтυrε cσsтυмε(s):

cσмρℓεтε∂ cσsтυмε(s) σf 2017:
-Card Captor Sakura

cσηvεηтισηs ι αттεη∂/ωιℓℓ вε αттεη∂ιηg:
Raleigh Super Con 2017?
Katsucon 2018
Momocon 2018

Milky Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2016, 06:16 PM   #19
Onikujo
Operator

-Snip-

Last edited by Onikujo : 07-15-2017 at 02:09 AM.
Onikujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2017, 06:03 AM   #20
Sekki-ku

My friend has been trying to get in touch through her facebook page but she ended up deleting his responses after inquiring about his costume politely. :/ This is ridiculous.
Sekki-ku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2017, 08:48 PM   #21
Alycone

I was messaged for an update, so the new update is this:

At a little over 3 1/2 years, I have not yet received my package. Regarding refunds, I have still only received the $500 refund in early 2016 out of the $921.55 total.
Alycone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2017, 07:38 PM   #22
Adnawun

Update: It's now two years for me.

She will email me out of nowhere saying she will send it through but it hasn't happened yet.
She agreed to a full refund but none of the money has ever been returned.
She has insisted that there's final touches that need to be done, promising 'this week' or 'this month' she will post it out but never does.
Her Etsy is still gone.
Her Facebook isn't being updated anymore. (Is now being updated)
Her Twitter account is now locked. (Is now public)

Last edited by Adnawun : 09-07-2017 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Updated
Adnawun is offline   Reply With Quote