Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 09-14-2017, 09:52 AM   #31
xshedevilx
- Kami -

Luckily I was able to snag a room at the Rad so I may be able to bring something...bigger?

So far, Super Sonico (white Unicorn), Talon Widowmaker, and possibly de-zerged Kerrigan. If I have time I'd like to make Valkyrie from Spawn but not sure the weather would make it bearable.

I start my more winter-friendly costumes in about a month (time off, yay!)

2018 Cosplays:
Super Sonico (White Unicorn)
Overwatch - Widowmaker (Talon)
Pocahontas (Disney)
Starcraft - Kerrigan (De-zerged)
Game of Thrones - Ygritte
Horizon: Zero Dawn - Aloy (variant tbd)
xshedevilx is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-15-2017, 08:14 AM   #32
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Well, I won't be starting Abigail 'til winter, but I think I can make most of her outfit with fabric stash and clothes I already have! Score. I knew I saved that blue sweater knit for a reason...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2017, 09:32 PM   #33
SuperBee
Extreme chainmailler

My sword thingy is impressive! Just need to prime it and it will be off to get painted. LEDs are coming, so we shall see how that is going to work. The zapdos head dress is coming along too. Though I am having trouble finding pool noodles.... Got to get the outside work done before it gets too cold.

"Captain Canada"
Pokemon trainer inspired something

Samurai Zapdos and Moltres
Revamped Scalemaille Gyarados with armour
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2017, 08:27 PM   #34
Zoeyromanov
Performapal Leon

My plans have actually shifted, but I kinda expected it to. I just gotta go back into my notes to see who I'm going to narrow it down to, and from there figure out who I will cosplay.
I also have some new ideas but they might just turn out to be ideas, so again I'm going back into my notes. That's all I have so far.

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram / CureCos

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too."

Last edited by Zoeyromanov : 09-20-2017 at 08:29 PM.
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2017, 08:29 AM   #35
SuperBee
Extreme chainmailler

My zapdos head dress is constructed. Did a test spray with paint and it ate the foam, so I will have to paint and prime everything by hand. Which is working, and the paint is holding very well to the primer (which is Elmer's glue). It's going to take some time... Also might wrap some thin LEDs strands so I can light it up to make the illusion of electricity.

Purchased a pattern for a long jacket for zapdos which will have fiber optics embedded throughout. My brother will be handling the electronics which have all been ordered. Sword is primed and read for paint.

Before I can go further I need to wait for the LEDs for the flame sword of moltres. Thinking of encasing in resin but I don't know how heavy resin can get. Don't know how to do the moltres head dress either.

Haven't even thought about articuno yet.. Probably use a similar LED design for the sword.

This project is a first for electronics, a first for worbla, and a first for foam. Good thing I started early.

"Captain Canada"

Unread 09-26-2017, 06:49 PM   #36
Zoeyromanov
Performapal Leon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
This project is a first for electronics, a first for worbla, and a first for foam. Good thing I started early.
A year early won't anybody. As for me, I will actually wait to see what happens in December come January. I will officially start in February when I've actually bought the ticket for 2018, and hopefully I'll have made up my mind. I still like to finish some cosplays that are leftover from this year, which might spill over to next year.
All I can say is now it turns out my planned cosplay for female Shay Obsidian in his duel riding outfit might be scrapped because it'll suck the funds for the rest of the other ideas I'm thinking of.
Other ideas that I'm playing around with are Ray Akaba, female Zarc and even Blue Angel/Aoi Zaizen have popped up since then (all from the Yugioh series).
I've broken down some notes I've taken and Ray and Zarc look promising, Ray even more so. I have an idea on how to start with Blue Angel as well; like starting with getting a navy blue choker, a blue tie and getting a used men's white collared shirt and trimming it down.
...Actually with that said it seems I'm more clear on Blue Angel more than anyone else xD. But again I'll unofficially start in the coming months, and no set lineup is up yet.

Follow me:

Unread 10-02-2017, 07:54 PM   #37
SuperBee
Extreme chainmailler

Another update....

Another friend will be joining us and she really wants to be articuno so, my brother's friend will be lugia instead. Oh joys it's going to be a busy busy winter.

"Captain Canada"

Unread 11-18-2017, 03:31 AM   #38
AJ the Collector
Collector

I hope to finally go ahead with an L cosplay for 2018, plus Trickster Equius {a fresh twist on an old classic} and Underswap Papyrus {nice and simple}. The tricky part will be finding certain things in the right colours for Equius--might have to settle for the shoes and gloves I used for regular Equius if I can't find blue ones, and I can't imagine blue dress shoes are easy to find.

Current cosplay plans:

L - AN 2018
Equius Zahhak - Trickster - AN 2018
Underswap Papyrus - AN 2018
Sans
Mr. Mayor (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)
Bartholomew Kuma
Sable Able
Dick Gumshoe
Penelope (Sly 3)
Clawdia (Fighting Foodons)
Deadpool - X-Force
Signless
Porrim Maryam
Sabin Figaro
Grell Sutcliff
James (Pokemon)

Soap may be a four-letter word, but use it anyway.
AJ the Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2017, 11:04 PM   #39
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Going to try for Crafters Corner, this year! If I get in I'll have to keep my cosplays simpler, but at least I could still manage Abigail st my table.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2017, 01:02 AM   #40
Zoeyromanov
Performapal Leon

Got some updates myself - I strongly believe that my Cat Dancer, Celina, and Kazemon among other plans are going to be scrapped. I've taken a strong liking to Blue Angel, and I seem to hit the ground running on where to start with her, so I seem to be headed in the right direction.
I'm playing around with the idea of Ray Akaba and female Zarc still. I know places like Bluenotes sell fully white jeans, which may work and since I don't personally wear full white pants in everyday wear I don't have a problem ruining them, plus they're easy to do. The problem would be that they're there one time, next time not.
So currently, I'm going to focus on Blue Angel.

Edit:
Forgot to mention that I'm also playing around with finishing off Rin and Ruri, which I still have not. I did technically wore Rin on Halloween, but that was around the house for fun, and it was casual cosplay and I'm wearing that to Holiday Fan Days. And I still have cons on my list but I'd rather wear both of them to 'bigger' cons like Anime North instead of Holiday Fan Days or Frostcon (if they were having the con next year) because the cost left to finish them is still high. I still don't know what to do them, but I'm figuring out some stuff.

Follow me:

Last edited by Zoeyromanov : 11-19-2017 at 01:14 AM.
Unread 12-12-2017, 08:39 PM   #41
Zoeyromanov
Performapal Leon

Update: Now that Dtac/Holiday Fan Days is officially over, that also means my con season is also over - hence me being able to start planning Blue Angel, and I've added some new stuff too.
I seem to be making progress in my planning stages for genderbent Zarc, but not so much for Ray [Akaba]. So, I'll be adding Celina to my roster, and I might scratch Ray from it since I'm not really heading in the right direction with her. It's not as 'strong' as with other ones are, so I'd rather go with a costume that I know will go into the right direction (in other words I'd rather not spend all that money and not end up wearing it).
So, my projected line up will be: Celina in her standard outfit, Blue Angel and genderbent Zarc. I think this might change in the near future (as with the nature of cosplay); but I think I might only have money for Blue Angel. Despite me already having things I can use for genderbent Zarc, and wearing Celina's standard outfit, which is pretty simple I might only have money for one costume, but it'll be a very lavish costume. So I guess I can't complain, but we'll see how it goes.

Follow me: