Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 09-20-2017, 02:43 PM   #1
Emi Hana
Kimono - Kimono - Kimono

Question I wish I could figure this out...

Okay, I recently went to my doctors to talk about my test results from my blood draw. We talked and stuff was done, but my doctor kept saying - again - that even though I am a specific weight, I look much slimmer than what their scale is saying.

Then my doctor started asking about if I would be willing to have surgery to get excess skin removed. I told her that I want to do it as a last resort. I think she saw my stretch marks - I have them on my belly, gut, and arms - and thought that I thought them un-sightly. Now, I have no problem with stretch marks - I consider them a badge of honor - it means I'm losing weight.

I do have skin on my arms, but it doesn't bother me. My gut is shrinking and I'm working on my core, but truthfully, I don't want to go under the knife. Multiple reasons I told her, which included: My insurance will see the skin removed as a cosmetic procedure, and won't pay for any of it. Thus, skin removal will be on my dime, and I cannot afford to pay for the procedure. I simply don't have the funds for it.

Second of all, even if I did go under the knife, that means several days - if not weeks - of staying home, after-care check-ups, etc. If I were truly sick, I would understand, but for something like skin removal, not really interested in missing work for an appearance procedure.

Third of all, I don't have a high opinion of plastic surgery to begin with.

My doctor wants me to drop at least 20 more pounds before she and I talk about it again. I can do that, but I wish I knew what to do.

Unread 09-20-2017, 11:47 PM   #2
Mangochutney
probably a frackpants

If you don't want to do it, there really is no reason to talk about it. It's an optional cosmetic procedure but it's still surgery, and surgery is never a minor thing. If you don't want cosmetic surgery, it's very simple to say exactly that.

You don't even need to explain or offer a reason. "I don't want to" is the beginning and end of it.
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Your Mother [Debbie Does Dallas XXIII] (8%)

Last edited by Mangochutney : 09-20-2017 at 11:49 PM.
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2017, 08:30 AM   #3
gypsy_girl
Fan Girl

Agreed. If your insurance won't pay for it because it's elective and you can't afford it there is no discussion. Is there does come up a medical reason for the procedure then have your doctor contact your insurance.

The Thing (1982)
(the missing word was 'imitation')
gypsy_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2017, 10:53 AM   #4
DanArt

There is

skin shrinking might not be safe

The human body takes ten years to recover

My uncle was flabby into his twenties and is sixty and is now flat but he is toned up and goes to the gym at night every day. Hands are hard as a rock.

My other uncle been slim and is toned up and is around 40 something when I met him. It was like hugging a wall.

Another issue is the self-digesting factor of starvation mode. Usually your body in takes less and burns more will set that off. However toning that area might also increase it.
DanArt is offline   Reply With Quote