Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 09-24-2017, 05:34 PM   #87991
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

An update on the wild grapes, they are ripe as all heck and EVERYWHERE in this neighbourhood. Look for fence, find vines. It was a scorcher of a day so I was limited only to the vines I could pick in the shade/just walk a few minutes to in the neighborhood, and I got half a shopping bag! And very purple hands.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-26-2017, 07:02 PM   #87992
KitoCosplay
Best chin on Cosplay.com

Caught a cold. Rad
KitoCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2017, 08:33 PM   #87993
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Grapes have boiled, mashed, strained through a sieve and I have a glorious collection of insanely purple juice. Got to run out for more jars tomorrow as I failed to realize I have a grand total of three empty canning jars, and then I'll have my wild grape jam!
Quote:
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
Unread 10-06-2017, 07:46 PM   #87994
belligerent
Viking Metal

met a really interesting/cool/cute guy at a con, have been chatting on fb. trying not to scare him off by being too forward. jfc he is so many positive adjectives i don't know which to use first.
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2017, 03:08 PM   #87995
BisectedBrioche
Green Girl

Right, I'm going to try and put together a casual cosplay of Max from Life is Strange for Halloween. I'd have preferred Chloe, but I'm working in the bakery that day, so nail varnish and coloured wigs are out. v_v

I've already got the shirt, and the jeans (because I own like 4 pairs already), so I just need the right hoodie and gel bracelets (ordered for less than a tenner total).

No idea if I'm going to be able to get a satchel (which can slide anyway) or a polaroid camera anywhere, though.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%) Sheik (?)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2017, 04:54 PM   #87996
Lost Cause
You're in my way, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BisectedBrioche View Post
Right, I'm going to try and put together a casual cosplay of Max from Life is Strange for Halloween. I'd have preferred Chloe, but I'm working in the bakery that day, so nail varnish and coloured wigs are out. v_v

I've already got the shirt, and the jeans (because I own like 4 pairs already), so I just need the right hoodie and gel bracelets (ordered for less than a tenner total).

No idea if I'm going to be able to get a satchel (which can slide anyway) or a polaroid camera anywhere, though.
...I like this idea.

Instagram - Facebook
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2017, 08:47 AM   #87997
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Catching a cold, out of nowhere. Fan freaking TASTIC.
Quote:
Unread 10-09-2017, 03:42 PM   #87998
BisectedBrioche
Green Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Catching a cold, out of nowhere. Fan freaking TASTIC.
IKTF, I've been recovering from one the last week (it was my week off, too ).

Unread 10-10-2017, 07:06 AM   #87999
Lost Cause
You're in my way, sir.

Feeling like I'm burning bridges with my friends without really trying to.

Bleh.

Instagram - Facebook
Unread 10-11-2017, 10:15 AM   #88000
BisectedBrioche
Green Girl

So, it turns out finding a short brown wig is harder than I assumed it would be. ¬_¬'

Unread 10-12-2017, 03:53 AM   #88001
Lost Cause
You're in my way, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BisectedBrioche View Post
So, it turns out finding a short brown wig is harder than I assumed it would be. ¬_¬'
Do these work? (For reference I'm wearing one in blue in my avvie)

Instagram - Facebook
Unread 10-12-2017, 03:59 AM   #88002
BisectedBrioche
Green Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Do these work? (For reference I'm wearing one in blue in my avvie)
I happen to have a couple of Prince wigs and they're a little short. I've ordered a Lilly from the same site, which should be about right (I'll just need to trim the fringe).

Unread Yesterday, 03:46 PM   #88003
Zoeyromanov
Performapal Leon

So it turns out my school is now on strike? So I'll be at home for...who knows how long. I had checked my school e-mail awhile back to find out of a potential strike but I was hoping that the problem would be resolved but as it turns out. Nope.
I feel conflicted - I should be happy because now I get to stay at home and whatnot, but I'm worried about when I have to come back because I'm worried as to how I'm going to catch up.
I had gone out yesterday to buy materials for my 3D project but now it looks like I don't need it yet.
I also have to comment on the fact that faculty may deserve benefits, a good pay and whatnot so I'm not against that, but it sort of screws us people in college because we also have work to do. Me personally I only have two classes so it won't be too bad, but other people may have a regular semester or something. I'd be more on edge if this had happened last year since I had a regular semester.
And I texted my friend to tell him what happened and he may or may not have jinxed me xD. He told me when his brother went to University his school went on strike a well.
In the mean time I guess I have more time for cosplay stuff?

DTAC/Holiday Fan Days 2017:
Ruri Kurosaki, Yugioh Arc-V

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram / CureCos

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too."
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 04:49 PM   #88004
Zoeyromanov
Performapal Leon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoeyromanov View Post
So it turns out my school is now on strike? So I'll be at home for...who knows how long. I had checked my school e-mail awhile back to find out of a potential strike but I was hoping that the problem would be resolved but as it turns out. Nope.
I feel conflicted - I should be happy because now I get to stay at home and whatnot, but I'm worried about when I have to come back because I'm worried as to how I'm going to catch up.
I had gone out yesterday to buy materials for my 3D project but now it looks like I don't need it yet.
I also have to comment on the fact that faculty may deserve benefits, a good pay and whatnot so I'm not against that, but it sort of screws us people in college because we also have work to do. Me personally I only have two classes so it won't be too bad, but other people may have a regular semester or something. I'd be more on edge if this had happened last year since I had a regular semester.
And I texted my friend to tell him what happened and he may or may not have jinxed me xD. He told me when his brother went to University his school went on strike a well.
In the mean time I guess I have more time for cosplay stuff?
Update:
Almost had a mini heart attack thinking we still somehow did have school, because I got tripped up by the school e-mail saying how handing assignments and finishing exams will work so I e-mailed my teacher to confirm...so yes I'm still at home.
I handled that pretty well by going on the computer.

DTAC/Holiday Fan Days 2017:
Ruri Kurosaki, Yugioh Arc-V

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram / CureCos

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too."
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote