Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 10-12-2017, 09:39 AM   #78796
lunaflora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Respawning View Post
good advice again, thanks Would buckram be usable to further interface the gores and front? I already have some and am just trying to find a use for it.

I think maybe I'm just wanting a shiney new toy.
It's a good interfacing to use for the centerfront and gores, and maybe even the centerfront back if you like. If not tightlacing you can b probably get away with using buckram ito interface the closure instead of a bone.
lunaflora is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-12-2017, 05:12 PM   #78797
Rinku-chan

So my mom came up with a pretty smart solution for the problem with my shirt not fitting... but not before she called the shirt ugly and gaudy. Thanks mom...

Also, someone needs to cut me off from buying more jewelry for Taako. I sorted through it all and there's so many silver things. Unfortunately, the accents on my hat are already gold, and I only have one pair of earrings that are gold... guess I need to buy more jewelry...
Winter Schnee (RWBY)
Trisha Elric (Full Metal Alchemist)
Jaune Arc [Prom Dress] (RWBY) -Back Up-
Taako Taaco (The Adventure Zone) -Back Up-
Next Convention: Planet Comicon 2018
Rinku-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2017, 07:14 PM   #78798
KatTayle
Human, not a machine

My Dio coat came in from EZcosplay (I know I'm cheap)... they only gave me one pocket on it since their reference pic was at 3/4 view and didn't show the other lmao. Glad I had the sense to send them a reference of the back to make sure they got that part right.

Luckily they also cheaped out on actually sewing down the pockets and instead made them weird pin things (I mean I kinda get it based on the shape of his pockets it could be deceiving) but since they're not sewn down I can make new ones

Planned Cosplays:

Mina (Pokemon): 96%

Dio (Zero Escape): 93%

Want to make in future: BOTW Link, Franziska Von Karma, Hatsune Miku (Arifureta), Magma Admin Courtney, more Pokemon/AC gijinkas, any Splatoon character
KatTayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2017, 08:25 PM   #78799
TheGoofQueen
Saved Your Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Respawning View Post
I think maybe I'm just wanting a shiney new toy.
Same. *continues staring at the adjustable dress forms I've declared I will not buy until I finish at least one cosplay but DANG if it wouldn't be helpful to have*

Well. I got the cape mockup figured out (thank you, lunaflora!) and bought fabric, but the only place I can cut it out is in our front room, and I don't want to kick my family out of the front room so I'm kind of stuck only cutting pieces on days they aren't around. Which means tomorrow afternoon is gonna be snip city!

\\ Raven Queen (Critical Role) - Self-Design - 45% //
TheGoofQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2017, 09:17 PM   #78800
Angelx624
Left here but came back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatTayle View Post
My Dio coat came in from EZcosplay (I know I'm cheap)... they only gave me one pocket on it since their reference pic was at 3/4 view and didn't show the other lmao. Glad I had the sense to send them a reference of the back to make sure they got that part right.

Luckily they also cheaped out on actually sewing down the pockets and instead made them weird pin things (I mean I kinda get it based on the shape of his pockets it could be deceiving) but since they're not sewn down I can make new ones
Ew, EZcosplay. :X They steal cosplayers' photos just an fyi. I've sworn to never buy from them. xD I didn't actually know til recently when I saw a cosplayer complain that EZcosplay was using their photo without permission. :/

--------------------------------------------------

I was able to get a few things yesterday for both my Honey Lemon and Merida cosplays. Was lucky enough to find one zipper left in pale yellow for my Honey Lemon dress, and some fabric for the bottom of Merida's dress.

Yay! (ノ•ω•)ノ

Angelx624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2017, 09:24 PM   #78801
xIkuna

Kind of annoyed that my commissioner finished my costume and everything looks great... but hasn't replied to have it shipped. My deadline was the 10th, so while it was finished on time, it still hasn't been shipped out =/

Cosplays:
Young Ana Amari- Overwatch
Miu Iruma- New Danganronpa Version 3
Sansa Stark- Game of Thrones (Season 7)

xIkuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2017, 09:41 PM   #78802
StarsOfCassiopeia
Engineer at Play

Having unlimited 3D printer access is DANGEROUS because now I'm just spending my evenings making models LOL. I just finished Chika's hair pin (paint is drying now!) and I'm hoping to have my raw print of the Voltron bayard hot off the printer tomorrow morning-- just in time for Season 4!

@Rinku -- H&M has pretty cheap ring/small jewelry packs for a few dollars, if you're trying to be cheap about the jewelry! My friend got her Lup stuff there.
  • General Revamps (N/A): ??% (---) Summer 2017
  • Director Lucretia (The Adventure Zone) : 15% (Prop Work) Fall 2017
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook // Instagram // YouTube
StarsOfCassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2017, 09:26 AM   #78803
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

*is happy that I finished a commission*
Friend: Soooooo....
And now I'm back to 3 commissions to do for Katsu. lol. Thankfully 2 out of the 3 don't require my level of detail but it's still like, "Alright then..."

Considering I am thinking about buying a legit lehenga/choli combination for Parvati...the funds will be nice(the really nice ones are $100+). It's weird but I'm so used to making my huge cosplays that dropping $100+ at once makes me go, "OMG. No," even though I've spent that much and more on supplies for big cosplays. Probably because it is all at one time instead of in increments.

~Twitter~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

Last edited by TMLiza : 10-13-2017 at 09:57 AM.
TMLiza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2017, 02:56 PM   #78804
xIkuna

Somehow I got a bunch of work done?? I primed all of Ana's leg armor with plastidip, and I started the dreadful task of Ana's chest piece- which isn't as terrible as I'd imagined it. I don't think I have a lot of confidence in myself when it comes to creativity and making things in cosplay- because it's turning out better than I thought it would! So I'll be more confident from now on with armor

Cosplays:
Young Ana Amari- Overwatch
Miu Iruma- New Danganronpa Version 3
Sansa Stark- Game of Thrones (Season 7)

xIkuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2017, 07:08 PM   #78805
Angelx624
Left here but came back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xIkuna View Post
Somehow I got a bunch of work done?? I primed all of Ana's leg armor with plastidip, and I started the dreadful task of Ana's chest piece- which isn't as terrible as I'd imagined it. I don't think I have a lot of confidence in myself when it comes to creativity and making things in cosplay- because it's turning out better than I thought it would! So I'll be more confident from now on with armor
Aww, sometimes I have lack of confidence myself when making something, especially if it requires a lot of time or if I'm not that experienced with making it. But I do like new challenges, nonetheless. ^^

Yay! (ノ•ω•)ノ

Angelx624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2017, 02:45 PM   #78806
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Oh no. I started playing Horizon Zero Dawn and while watching the let's plays, I thought it would be fun to do young Aloy(since everyone does adult version). Seeing all of the clothing details though....holy crap, it's pretty much all leather. :,)

~Twitter~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2017, 03:12 PM   #78807
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Still sick. But thankfully, it hasn't gotten nearly as bad as last time. But colds are never gone in under a week for me, so time remains yet to see what becomes of the cough...
Also, SO MUCH HANDSEWING. I'm finishing up the beaded reticule, making the hat (so, handstitching virtually of it because wire and buckram) and finishing my skirt seams before I get to the bustling, hem and trimming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2017, 11:50 AM   #78808
Respawning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLiza View Post
Oh no. I started playing Horizon Zero Dawn and while watching the let's plays, I thought it would be fun to do young Aloy(since everyone does adult version). Seeing all of the clothing details though....holy crap, it's pretty much all leather. :,)
I'm playing it right now, such a beautiful game! Aloy is definitely on my list of cosplays, hell, she's been on the list since before the game even came out. I saw a preview trailer at E3 and thought "Chick protagonist? Archer? Robot dinosaurs? I'm in!"

Completed costumes:Commander Shepard, Steampunk Valkyrie OC, Tiefling Sorcerer OC, Morrigan, Thor, Daenerys Targaryen, Steampunk OC
Future costumes: Aloy, Maleficent, Satyr/Faun OC, Galadriel
Working on: Ciri Witcher 3

Instagram, Facebook, Facebook Group
Respawning is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2017, 03:35 PM   #78809
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

If I get myself moving, I can finally finish these keyblades. A two day project has taken me over a month...
Organization 13 Roxas (DAS Dover Halloween Party and Mini-Con 2017, Cosplay Judge)

Slapthefatcat Cosplays
Southern Maryland Cosplayers Group (Anyone can join)
Slapthefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2017, 04:04 PM   #78810
TheGoofQueen
Saved Your Life!

Good news/bad news for this weekend. Bad news, we were supposed to go visit my brother but something blew up at my dad's work so we couldn't go. But good news, that meant I had a weekend to work on cosplay! Dress pieces are all cut out, and I started/finished sanding the mask for Raven Queen. It isn't perfectly smooth, but I got tired of sanding (lol) and I'll call any leftover low spots battle damage. xD

I haven't started sewing the dress together yet because just cutting it out was a nightmare, but I might make an attempt at that tonight. That or I'll work on designing my next cosplay. (Remember when I said my next cosplay shouldn't be one I design? Hah. But this'll be a much simpler outfit either way.)

\\ Raven Queen (Critical Role) - Self-Design - 45% //
TheGoofQueen is offline   Reply With Quote