Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Unread 08-12-2014, 09:48 AM   #1
pullet

Question Suggestions for halloween at school?

Hi all, this is my first post on these forums. Seems like a great community, so I'm hoping y'all can help me out. I'm going into sophomore year of high school, and wanted to make a really awesome costume that your average semi-nerd at school would be able to recognize. I'm a girl (willing to crossplay), very tall, and have lots of experience in construction work/tools/electrical wiring/etc, and can sew.

Only real requirements are 1. recognizable by a decent amount of people and really cool looking even to people who don't know what it's from 2. appropriate for school (nothing skimpy.)

Optional: involves armor or power tools to construct, glows/lights up, robot of some kind.

I'm willing to watch/read/play the source material of any characters suggested. So- ideas please? (Thank you so much if you answer, you're a saint.)

me if it helps you: http://imgur.com/qOZwFNs
pullet is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-18-2014, 11:40 AM   #2
kandell

There's always the Attack On Titan uniform. Although recently a girl in my town wore her AoT cosplay to school and was told to take off the harness because it was "distracting", so that's something to consider.

You could always do a superhero character? Like Black Widow without the weapons, for obvious reasons. A flashy option for that would be to make her bracelets light up (since they're supposed to be like tasers).

You could also always do something Disney. That's typically very recognizable to all age groups. Or possibly Game of Thrones. There are outfits that cover up and are quite intricate and pretty.
Facebook
AC Paradise
Twitter
kandell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2014, 11:11 PM   #3
efthemia

hmm-- it depends if you want to do something from anime or a different series.

you could cosplay one of the plugsuits from neon genesis evangelion if you've seen it-- they're pretty complex but cool looking bodysuits and it is possible to make them light up if you want to.

if you want to make armor, maybe princess zelda? it's definitely recognizable, also complex and will look cool.
efthemia is offline   Reply With Quote