Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Gurren Lagann

Unread 01-09-2014, 10:57 PM   #1
RyuzakiStar

Post Yoko Littner Boots

Hi everyone! So I'm planning to cosplay Yoko this year for Anime Expo 2014 and i'm in a bit of a dilemma..

I already bought some boots to paint (with fabric paint that my cousin suggested for me to use) but im not sure what kind of paint brush to use to get the paint nicely and evenly. I dont have any equipment for any type of spraying for these boots, unless there are fabric paints that can spray for a cheap price o:

Anyways, I'm open to any suggestions! Thank you very much ! ^_^

Last edited by RyuzakiStar : 01-11-2014 at 01:17 AM.
RyuzakiStar is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-27-2014, 10:39 PM   #2
KaiBu

What type of fabric paint did you get? :s

Past Cosplays;
Yoko Littner: 100%
Yui(sao): 100%
Asuna Yuuki: 100%
Lightning(FFXIII): 75%
Yui Hirasawa: 95%
Tifa Lockhart: 95%
KaiBu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2014, 01:53 PM   #3
lelechan

I'm not sure if this works with fabric paint, but with acrylic paint you can thin it out a bit with water and that will help to prevent brush streaks.

If that's not an option, just make sure to load your brush up with a lot of paint and work in small sections. You could also potentially use a foam roller/foam sponges to dab on the paint. I'd use makeup sponges as they have a smoother texture than the cheap foam brushes you can get in the craft section at most stores, but any foam with small cells would be good. Get the foam very lightly damp (not dripping wet--squeeze out as much water as you can) before dipping it in the paint so it won't soak up as much.
lelechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2014, 03:42 AM   #4
RyuzakiStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiBu View Post
What type of fabric paint did you get? :s
AHHH omg Cosplay.com doesnt let me know when others reply to my post so this is terribly late ,I'm sorry ;A;

But I bought this kind of fabric paint:
http://www.amazon.com/Tulip-Dimensio.../dp/B00114M278

and it didn't exactly work , so I ended up buying some sort of all purpose spray paint (which supposedly could be sprayed on anything , even shoes ) so i ended up spraying my boots with that. o:
Unread 06-24-2014, 03:48 AM   #5
RyuzakiStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelechan View Post
I'm not sure if this works with fabric paint, but with acrylic paint you can thin it out a bit with water and that will help to prevent brush streaks.

If that's not an option, just make sure to load your brush up with a lot of paint and work in small sections. You could also potentially use a foam roller/foam sponges to dab on the paint. I'd use makeup sponges as they have a smoother texture than the cheap foam brushes you can get in the craft section at most stores, but any foam with small cells would be good. Get the foam very lightly damp (not dripping wet--squeeze out as much water as you can) before dipping it in the paint so it won't soak up as much.
AHHH cosplay.com doesnt let me know when others reply to my post, so this is terribly late, I'm sorry ;A;

Though thank you very much for this! As explained in my previous post, I had decided to use an all purpose spray paint that could be sprayed even on shoes. That was a few months ago,so the paint has started to chip off a little when i tried them on. I will keep your advice in mind when touching up and taking care of those little cracks ^^ Thank you! ^^