Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 03-04-2018, 12:05 AM   #61
Zoeyromanov

School work took up most of my week, so not much progress. I did end up getting the belt for Celina, and the boots for Shay, but no actual craftmaking. Since I ended up getting some stuff, that gave me a boost to keep working on the bracelet; which remained untouched due to aforementioned school work.

Future plans:
Blue Angel/Aoi Zaizen, Yugioh Vrains
Ryoken Kogami/Revolver (genderbent), Yugioh Vrains
Shay Obsidian (genderbent), Yugioh Arc-V

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram / CureCos

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too." -- Wonder Woman, Justice League War
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-05-2018, 01:17 PM   #62
xshedevilx
- Kami -

Fabric shopping this weekend, hopefully I find what I need, if not, I guess I'll be hitting online. Money keeps pushing back my cosplay budget for this year, as well, with the possibility of having to move constantly hanging over my head it's hard to stay motivated to work away on things.
Fan Expo Canada 2018

2018 Cosplays:
Super Sonico (White Unicorn)
Overwatch - Widowmaker (Talon)
Overwatch - Brigitte Lindholm
Pocahontas (Disney)
xshedevilx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2018, 03:41 PM   #63
Zoeyromanov

Quote:
Originally Posted by xshedevilx View Post
Fabric shopping this weekend, hopefully I find what I need, if not, I guess I'll be hitting online. Money keeps pushing back my cosplay budget for this year, as well, with the possibility of having to move constantly hanging over my head it's hard to stay motivated to work away on things.
Here's hoping you make it on time. I'm in a smilar boat. I have some money but of course I'm being concious of my spending; that's why I'm only spending on small stuff. When I moved, I lost some of my cosplay stuff even though I was out of cosplay at the time . Make sure to label your stuff if you move!

Future plans:

Follow me:

Unread 03-07-2018, 02:43 AM   #64
AJ the Collector
Collector

I can now breathe a MASSIVE sigh of relief, because I have a hotel room secured. Now I just have to plan out everything else, order my badge and hope I can get my planned costumes together.

Current cosplay plans:

Mr. Mayor (Animal Crossing: New Leaf) - AN 2018
Catboy - AN 2018
Underswap Papyrus - CB 2018
Equius Zahhak - Trickster - Fan Expo 2018
L - Toronto Fan Days Holiday Show 2018
Charlotte Mont d'Or - AN 2019
Rule 63 Rarity - 2019
Sable Able - 2019
Sans
Bartholomew Kuma
Dick Gumshoe
Slice (Fighting Foodons)
James (Pokemon)
Big Macintosh

Soap may be a four-letter word, but use it anyway.
AJ the Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2018, 10:03 AM   #65
xshedevilx
- Kami -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoeyromanov View Post
Here's hoping you make it on time. I'm in a smilar boat. I have some money but of course I'm being concious of my spending; that's why I'm only spending on small stuff. When I moved, I lost some of my cosplay stuff even though I was out of cosplay at the time . Make sure to label your stuff if you move!
Most of my cosplay items are already in bins (luckily) since that's how they're stored when not in use, but packing, unpacking, all before a con, to repack, is gonna be tight. My friday costume this year will be a rewear, and I may be able to push out 2 new ones, if not, I'll be fixing up an oldy (Morrigan Aensland) to bring back.
Fan Expo Canada 2018

2018 Cosplays:
Pocahontas (Disney)
Unread 03-09-2018, 08:48 PM   #66
Zoeyromanov

Quote:
Originally Posted by xshedevilx View Post
Most of my cosplay items are already in bins (luckily) since that's how they're stored when not in use, but packing, unpacking, all before a con, to repack, is gonna be tight. My friday costume this year will be a rewear, and I may be able to push out 2 new ones, if not, I'll be fixing up an oldy (Morrigan Aensland) to bring back.
I'm sort of doing the same thing, yet I'm still paying a lot for one of my costumes which surprised me. Most of the cost goes towards the wig, but still (actually both do but more so my Shay Obsidian one). Good luck on the costumes and good luck on the move . (I've been there. I got settled in pretty quickly at my new house but that's just me).

Future plans:

Follow me:

Unread 03-11-2018, 04:13 PM   #67
SuperBee
Extreme chainmailler

Well.. I slowly started painting and sealing. The headpiece and sword are slowly getting there. Pieces are cut out for my coat, then run the fibre optics. As for Moltres we will be 3D printing a clear sword and run LEDs. Instead of the armour Moltres may get a coat as well with gradiant dyes. Well that's the plan.

Zapdos, Moltres with light up elements
Revamped Scalemaille Gyarados with armour (depending on heat)
Kimono Ash

Morag - Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Moltres
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2018, 09:33 AM   #68
MelColley
Illustrator

Whelp, it's nearly April and I have no idea what I'm cosplaying yet. Currently torn between two options, Dragon Symmetra from Overwatch or Shadow Weaver from She-Ra. Anyone else doing stuff from these? I don't know what the heck I'm doing *screams at nothing in particular*.
MelColley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2018, 10:36 AM   #69
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Okay, Abigail's overbust corset. You hate me and I'm starting to hate you. But damn it, I WILL get you to fit me comfortably today, so help me grod!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2018, 11:29 AM   #70
SuperBee
Extreme chainmailler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelColley View Post
Whelp, it's nearly April and I have no idea what I'm cosplaying yet. Currently torn between two options, Dragon Symmetra from Overwatch or Shadow Weaver from She-Ra. Anyone else doing stuff from these? I don't know what the heck I'm doing *screams at nothing in particular*.
Overwatch is quite popular, chances are there going to be quite a few around.

I think I have all the fabric needed for Moltres and Zapdos. My Zapdos headpiece is nearly complete, just need to get a few paint touch ups. Motres is started, the paper clay is drying. Started my jacket, and depending of time, sequins will be added before I run the fibre optic cables. My brother is 3D printing a sword and will add LEDs to it (because I hesitate on trying resin work). As for our third party member, we are printing a Cubone head.

Zapdos, Moltres with light up elements
Revamped Scalemaille Gyarados with armour (depending on heat)
Kimono Ash

Morag - Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Moltres
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2018, 05:33 PM   #71
MelColley
Illustrator

Hidden Option C! I think I'm going to make another original design Overwatch character (Symmetra). Feeling slightly relieved now that I at least have a plan. Excited to see everyone's progress as we get closer to the con. Seems like most of you are well underway. @SuperBee: Your Zapdos looks fantastic so far.
MelColley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2018, 12:10 AM   #72
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

YES! Boobs fit, I can breathe, wear pants and my lacing gap isn't a giant triangle now! Now I can finally get started on the proper one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2018, 01:23 PM   #73
xshedevilx
- Kami -

I move May 1st!! Eeek. Going to try and pack and work on cosplay at the same time, but for me I'm at a loss for a new costume. I've got one going for Sunday but stuck on my rewear choice for Friday (Momoka or Lucoa) and either rewearing something Saturday or making something new (if time and moola permit). This year has me totally unmotivated (and under-funded) so I'm just poop for progress right now. T-T
Fan Expo Canada 2018

2018 Cosplays:
Pocahontas (Disney)
Unread 03-22-2018, 06:08 PM   #74
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelColley View Post
Very cool

Official Anime North Forums

Anime North Reddit Community

Anime North 2018 - 2B - Neir Automata, Cindy - FFXV
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2018, 08:56 PM   #75
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

New plan that I've been running around the past month getting materials for.... Rose Quartz from Steven Universe, with a backup plan for the dress if my plan fails with the rose petal tier skirt idea (do it flat like canon).

The wig is another beast to tackle........

Rose Quartz
Sword [-] (Sword base is made and wood glue drying, need to add all the rose thorn and hilt butt details!)
Sheild [] (Tomorrow using vacuum form plastic and a heat gun to melt the shield into shape.)
Wig []
Dress []
Shoes [X] I have sandals that will fit in blush pink, but she's barefoot. lol

The list looks short, but each piece is going to be a lot of work and no small details like jewellery to work on this time. I do love my small details.... but EVERYTHING is BIG with Rose.

I think I'll be wearing my Draculaura cosplay from Custom-con 35 as even though I got my contact sheet of photos from the shoot, I never got the photos from the photographer and the last time he posts on his account was in June last year.... frustrated because I just want the photos I already paid for but because they all turned out good!!! (The photographic is not dead just stopped taking photos for conventions apparently from one source but they only know the photographer from online too.) It's them 4" platforms I just don't want to be walking all over the Con for. lol

Anime North '18
Draculaura collector doll 2015 - FRI
Steven Universe - Rose Quartz SAT - & SUN

FanExpo '18
...Boris the wolf

Future cosplays/cons:
Sakizou Ms. Anniversary - (AN 2019 or Costume-con 38)
Lagertha - Vikings, Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by WARPAINTandUnicorns : 03-24-2018 at 09:13 PM.
WARPAINTandUnicorns is offline   Reply With Quote