Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 05-28-2015, 01:05 PM   #71881
KittytheSheGeek
Geek Extraordinaire

This isn't cosplay related, but a couple years ago I was on my break at work and I went out on my lunch break to grab food. I had just crossed the street heading back to my office and this guy stopped me out of the blue and was like, "Wow, you're gorgeous. You would do so well in adult films. Can I give you my card?"

Needless to say, I was horrified. I was like, no... not interested. But he kept trying to push me. "But you could make a killing! At least take my card, I'm a director! You could be famous!" All I could do was nope out of there as fast as my legs could take me. I was so horrified I couldn't even respond with my usual sass and sarcasm >< Thank god I worked in a secure building with keycode entry lol

[C|O|S|P|L|A|Y]
My anti-drug.
KittytheSheGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-28-2015, 01:20 PM   #71882
AnimeLuxray25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyhrah View Post
This isn't cosplay related, but a couple years ago I was on my break at work and I went out on my lunch break to grab food. I had just crossed the street heading back to my office and this guy stopped me out of the blue and was like, "Wow, you're gorgeous. You would do so well in adult films. Can I give you my card?"

Needless to say, I was horrified. I was like, no... not interested. But he kept trying to push me. "But you could make a killing! At least take my card, I'm a director! You could be famous!" All I could do was nope out of there as fast as my legs could take me. I was so horrified I couldn't even respond with my usual sass and sarcasm >< Thank god I worked in a secure building with keycode entry lol
Oh boy, I shuddered... At least it's like a compliment, maybe? XP

On a cosplay note, I would really like to buy green felt for Leafeon to cut out leaf/grass shapes for the dress. Maybe the same for the wig.
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2015, 01:50 PM   #71883
kandell

O Comic Con is tomorrow!! I still have to pack, and pick up my belt from my parents', but I have all evening and tomorrow morning. Normally I only take a half day off of work the Friday of a con, but there's a photoshoot/posing panel I really want to attend tomorrow at 12:30 so I'm taking the whole day off.
Facebook
AC Paradise
Twitter
kandell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2015, 06:48 PM   #71884
KittytheSheGeek
Geek Extraordinaire

I just found the PERFECT skirt for my Asami Sato cosplay on ebay, but the details are all on the wrong side ><

[C|O|S|P|L|A|Y]
My anti-drug.
Unread 05-28-2015, 06:55 PM   #71885
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Hooray, I can indeed get Tali's swirly fabric in a knit (A thing that often bugs me with many Tali cosplayers I've seen- they have the swirly fabric but IT'S NOT STRETCHY. It doesn't drape right around the hood at all, and it misses the whole "enviro-suit that is literally always on you, so body restrictions from tight/nonflexible fabric are a bad thing" point). It's just expensive. Well, time to keep saving those survey site payouts... (And as I've heard numerous things about spoonflower's colours sometimes not working out right, especially red, anyone had experience with purple fabrics getting printed by them?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2015, 09:56 PM   #71886
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

I almost hit the halfway point for ventilating Elsa's widow's peak today. It's really weird though because I'll have a spell where I'm tying the fibers on no problem, and then I'll have a spell where I can't for the life of me get the fibers to knot on there....
------------------
Gryffindor and proud!!!
------------------
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2015, 09:20 AM   #71887
ilafatyu
That guy

"I'M MAKING REYSON. BIRD WITH ME."
"Bird? Which bird?"
"TIBARN."
"But the shirt--"
"TIBARN."
"Boobs?"
"TIBETTE."

I am a master of persuasion.

facebook page // nh cosplay events

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Constructing : Soren (Fire Emblem), Fox (RWBY)
Upgrading : Sheik (armor), Cloud (wig and armor)
ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2015, 09:55 AM   #71888
RavenDarkness7
This is my design

Just came home from the store to finish painting Kalina Anne and on the final coat of paint the spray can's lid snapped and spewed spray paint all over me, Kalina, and my work area. T.T So clean up and back to the store it is so I can repaint Kalina all over again. *facepalm*

Attending-- Upcoming Cons
Ikkicon as Levi - Aot: JH, No Name Levi - Aot: JH, Yoon Bum- KS

My Pages
Instagram
Facebook
Deviantart
ACParadise
RavenDarkness7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2015, 11:29 AM   #71889
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

So, turns out with fees for custom sizing and the EMS shipping, my Asuka base suit is going to be about $100 more than what I'd initially expected. And yet, it's still half the price of most other latex places. I can deal.

Next Con: MTAC
Kylo Ren | Rhys | Honey | Ichimatsu

2016 Cons
MTAC | Colossalcon | SDCC | Akaicon | San Japan

schmemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2015, 11:33 AM   #71890
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenDarkness7 View Post
Just came home from the store to finish painting Kalina Anne and on the final coat of paint the spray can's lid snapped and spewed spray paint all over me, Kalina, and my work area. T.T So clean up and back to the store it is so I can repaint Kalina all over again. *facepalm*
I feel you. One time my Got2B can broke and started spraying nonstop. I had to run out into the backyard to let it run itself out. And it was a NEW can, so I was out over $10 (is it just me or has anyone else noticed that since they started only selling the extra-large cans, the sprayer mechanisms CONSTANTLY jam and break?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2015, 11:55 AM   #71891
RavenDarkness7
This is my design

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
I feel you. One time my Got2B can broke and started spraying nonstop. I had to run out into the backyard to let it run itself out. And it was a NEW can, so I was out over $10 (is it just me or has anyone else noticed that since they started only selling the extra-large cans, the sprayer mechanisms CONSTANTLY jam and break?)
That's exactly what it did, I had to hurry and pile newspaper over it before it sprayed anything else.
And YES! But the trick is to just run the nozzle under hot water for about 15-20 seconds and wipe clean. I do this after every use and I haven't had one jam since, and if the hot water doesn't cut it try rubbing alcohol, just don't poke a needle in it it could break the nozzle.

Attending-- Upcoming Cons
Ikkicon as Levi - Aot: JH, No Name Levi - Aot: JH, Yoon Bum- KS

My Pages
Instagram
Facebook
Deviantart
ACParadise
RavenDarkness7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2015, 01:16 PM   #71892
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Now that Fanime is over and I've (mostly) kicked my con cold, it's three months of plushie sweatshop fun to fill my artist alley booth at SacAnime.

I'm already making good progress, but I'm annoyed with how many limitations I have in terms of felt color. Would I be crazy to dye some custom colors for say, Emerald's hair for RWBY? I didn't realize mint green wasn't readily available and I already drafted the pattern. Then of course I would have to weigh how much dyeing would raise the price...

Although if you haven't checked out the RIT dye mobile app, do it. There's a library of color recipes. A 36-page PDF.
My handmade fandom plush

Next event: ???
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2015, 01:37 PM   #71893
KittytheSheGeek
Geek Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!! I'm sorry... that's horrible, but I can't help laughing at the mental image xD I totally know what you mean though; I barely get through half a can and the sprayer sticks and becomes useless. I've tried soaking the sprayer bit in hot water, I've tried scraping out the gunk with a needle, I've tried taking it apart to clean it, but no luck. I think it clogs up on the inside, and it's really annoying. I've been gravitating more towards using the gel these days, in combination with the spray. My hands get super sticky either way -_-

[C|O|S|P|L|A|Y]
My anti-drug.
Unread 05-29-2015, 01:47 PM   #71894
AlaizabelCray
Welcome to My World...

Why do I keep changing my mind as to which cosplay I want to work on? Can't I just stick with one? Decisions, decisions!

Also, I hope I get paid today so I can at least start buying a few things for the third cosplay I wanna do for NDK (If I can even decide which one I want to do!)

https://www.facebook.com/AlaizabelCrayCosplay
AlaizabelCray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2015, 01:56 PM   #71895
Fiore

Trying to decide if faux-suede will work for Morrigan's cowl.. Like I don't see why it wouldn't, but also can't quite imagine how it will look. Was originally going to go with velvet, but can't find any in a color I'm happy with. Bwah. I think a knit fabric would also work, but suede is so much easier for me to deal with. What do?

Morrigan from Dragon Age- 100%-- got some touching up to do
The Abandoned Doll from Bloodborne- 92%
Team Skull Grunt form Pokemon- 100%
Rin Kagamine from Vocaloid- 99%
Elizabeth from Bioshock in her Burial at Sea outfit- 96%
Witch Mercy from Overwatch- 0%
Officer Dva from Overwatch- 0%
Fiore is offline   Reply With Quote