Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 05-30-2015, 01:38 AM   #71881
Waifu Beam
emiya plz

I rarely ever want to cosplay Saber since everyone and their mom seems to love being her, but Alter is making a figure of one of her outfits from an April Fools' Joke that Type-Moon did back in 2013, and now I really wanna cosplay that because it looks so simple and I love it. SHE HAS A SCARF.
Waifu Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2015, 08:17 AM   #71882
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeiChama View Post
I rarely ever want to cosplay Saber since everyone and their mom seems to love being her, but Alter is making a figure of one of her outfits from an April Fools' Joke that Type-Moon did back in 2013, and now I really wanna cosplay that because it looks so simple and I love it. SHE HAS A SCARF.
Did someone say....Saber? Yes please! Do it! It's awesome seeing the Saber outfits that no one ever does!

~Twitter~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2015, 09:04 AM   #71883
almiegeddon

haven't posted here in some time but i'm back because a huge local con is coming up that i always attend which means i'm officially back into cosplay mode. this year, I've decided to reuse my Serena from Pokemon X/Y from last year because I loved it so much. I've also added a semi-closet costume of fem Link, complete with the Master Sword (thank god for my boyfriend's spontaneous purchases). A brand new costume for new though is a quick throw together of Markiplier (famous YouTube let's player for those who don't know) since I've become quite the fangirl in the past year.

Those are all easy so my challenge this year is to turn my boyfriend in a squid/kid inkling from Splatoon. The clothes are relatively easy, it's the "hair" I'm worried about. I'm not sure what exactly I should do to execute it. My options are to buy some kinda wig in similar colors but my boyfriend has never worn wigs so that's an iffy option, or have him wear a hat and just use spray on hair dye to color the parts of his hair that stick out.
almiegeddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2015, 12:35 PM   #71884
CinnamonParrot
Literal Trash Can

Forever upset that I met a really cool cosplayer at Fanime, but chickened out on getting his number. I don't wanna be a creep and go looking for him, but at the same time, he was really funny and cool and I wanna talk to him more OTL

I hope someone posts gathering photos to Facebook and he gets tagged in em. Then I won't be a total weirdo for finding him that way. Wehh. Fanime why.
CinnamonParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2015, 01:53 PM   #71885
WondererBailey
o3o)/

So...I bought a Lucina amiibo yesterday after spending the whole day trying to get Robin...I got a Robin off amazon btw....well, the more I looked at her the more I was like....she's not exactly a favorite character (not disliked either, just sort of a -shrug- on my radar) but I kinda sorta want to try cosplaying her...and the rabbit lady....someday....8/

Lushen - [Summoners War] - 90% / Velajuel - [Summoners War] - Early Stages
Luna (Illusionist Skin) - [Summoners War] - Planning

2018 Cons: Kumoricon

W. Bailey Photography
World Cosplay
WondererBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2015, 02:30 PM   #71886
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Okay, much closer to finalizing my costume-con costume plans... though making it at all still depends on how much Tali progresses. I decided to shove Valka back another year because transporting that kind of costume so far with no car will just be too big a problem. Instead, I'll be making this badass Drow Queen design I drew up this winter. I get to wear a bliaut dress with beading and embroidery, and carry a badass-looking sceptre among other hints of weaponized jewellery and accesories (my design theory being that in the universe I based mine out of, violence at court and attempted assassinations are very common, which means a Queen had to be dressed like a Queen AND ready to defend herself with anything on her person. So a decorated dagger, a sharpened scepter, sharp-pointed shoes, etc.)
....it'll just be expensive as balls. Easily $300 for the fancy dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 05-30-2015 at 02:32 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2015, 04:27 PM   #71887
AlaizabelCray
Welcome to My World...

I come up with the weirdest ideas for cosplays in the middle of the night...

https://www.facebook.com/AlaizabelCrayCosplay
AlaizabelCray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2015, 05:55 PM   #71888
Tiara

So trying on my wigs I got. I have on Derek in pumpkin(for Shiris-Record of Lodoss War OAV). I don't want to take it off. I want to finish the costume this instant and go walk around. Also, I am remembering how much easier short wigs are and it is making me want to only do costumes using them.

Last edited by Tiara : 05-30-2015 at 06:26 PM.
Tiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2015, 06:12 PM   #71889
AlaizabelCray
Welcome to My World...

I'm working on a genderbent character, and I feel like I'm overthinking how I should go about doing it...

Unread 05-30-2015, 09:42 PM   #71890
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Did so much cosplay stuff today! Bought myself an Edgar and fabric for Ryan's kilt. Ended up making it too. Debating on making the cape for Mad King-err Queen Ryan(Rina?). I don't think I have enough white fabric to decorate it with. But I still want the crown though. I do have one but I want the type that's a circlet so I can make Edgar sit on my head.

Other than that, I wish jewelery was cheaper so I could bling out Yuri more. >_< I do have some but it isn't enough for Ishtar and all my family has is real gold so yeah, not bringing that to a con. Also right now I need to figure out how to get my hair to purposefully look like Yuri's. I think I need to straighten it and then have the tips wet/expose my hair to moisture but I need to experiment...

~Twitter~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2015, 09:57 PM   #71891
megers67

So so close to finishing my costume part. I just have one more hurdle to overcome. After this I just need to wait for the wig to come in and fix all of that up. I CAN TASTE VICTORY.
megers67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2015, 10:53 PM   #71892
Waifu Beam
emiya plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLiza View Post
Did someone say....Saber? Yes please! Do it! It's awesome seeing the Saber outfits that no one ever does!
But of course! I've liked Saber for a while, but I didn't wanna do the same outfit everyone did because I would feel like I'm the same as everyone. I want to be different and have fun with it at the same time. :'D
Waifu Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2015, 11:02 PM   #71893
Tiara

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeiChama View Post
But of course! I've liked Saber for a while, but I didn't wanna do the same outfit everyone did because I would feel like I'm the same as everyone. I want to be different and have fun with it at the same time. :'D
Love Saber too! Its on my maybe one day list.
Tiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2015, 03:41 PM   #71894
AnimeLuxray25

Yaaay, picked up supplies for my Leafeon cosplay. And I looove the little notebook I found to go with it. It shall be my prop!
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2015, 04:31 PM   #71895
AlaizabelCray
Welcome to My World...

Yup. I am definitely cosplaying Fem!Usopp. I didn't even realize until today that I have a slingshot in my house!