Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > "Tales of" Series

Reply
Thread Tools
Unread 06-04-2015, 09:33 AM   #2476
ilafatyu
That guy
 
ilafatyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,014
Heyyy, I'm finally up and making plans for that Genis cosplay I said I'd do forever ago. Do you guys think an Arda Jaguar would work for Genis? I've got some extra wefts I can use to lengthen his ridiculous antennae, but I'm worried the bangs might be too short.
__________________

facebook page // nh cosplay events

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Constructing : Soren (Fire Emblem), Fox (RWBY)
Upgrading : Sheik (armor), Cloud (wig and armor)
ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 06-04-2015, 07:54 PM   #2477
Rose of Battle
lolwut
 
Rose of Battle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,255
Genis has a few longer parts on the sides, and I'm not sure if the Jaguar would be long enough for that, unless you've got some extra wefts for that! The other Arda wig you could use could be a Jareth, but a Jaguar and extra wefts might be all you need. (The Jareth might be overkill.)
__________________
Katsucon 2016:
Colette (Tales of Symphonia) // Hikaru [Autozam] (Magic Knight Rayearth) // Hikaru [CLAMP in 3D Land] (Magic Knight Rayearth) // Loretta (Gangsta.)

Looking forward to 2016! -- Katsucon, Genericon, Colossalcon, Otakon

Find me on my Facebook page!
Rose of Battle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2015, 07:55 PM   #2478
Rose of Battle
lolwut
 
Rose of Battle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunara Ishi View Post
Which version of Rose are you planning? I hope to see pictures of yours when finished.

I'm almost done with my Rose. Just making her knives now. I made her default but I love her fusion versions. I think if I make another Tales one, it might be either one of her fusion versions or Edna's.

Edit: I'm going to be putting beads in the wig for Rose. What is the best way to secure them? I was thinking those mini hair ties or glue? Is there a better method? Thanks in advance.
(oh my gosh, I completely missed this post)

I'm going to do her default version, but I'd like to do one of the fusion versions at some point! Maybe the fire one, but maybe the water one.
__________________
Katsucon 2016:
Colette (Tales of Symphonia) // Hikaru [Autozam] (Magic Knight Rayearth) // Hikaru [CLAMP in 3D Land] (Magic Knight Rayearth) // Loretta (Gangsta.)

Looking forward to 2016! -- Katsucon, Genericon, Colossalcon, Otakon

Find me on my Facebook page!
Rose of Battle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2015, 09:19 PM   #2479
ilafatyu
That guy
 
ilafatyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose of Battle View Post
Genis has a few longer parts on the sides, and I'm not sure if the Jaguar would be long enough for that, unless you've got some extra wefts for that! The other Arda wig you could use could be a Jareth, but a Jaguar and extra wefts might be all you need. (The Jareth might be overkill.)
Like I said, I do have wefts laying around that I could use for the longer bits. But the Jareth might be easier to work with since it's got the double-facing wefts in the back... I'll probably end up paying the extra $5 and getting the Jareth.
__________________

facebook page // nh cosplay events

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Constructing : Soren (Fire Emblem), Fox (RWBY)
Upgrading : Sheik (armor), Cloud (wig and armor)
ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2015, 10:04 AM   #2480
Rose of Battle
lolwut
 
Rose of Battle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
Like I said, I do have wefts laying around that I could use for the longer bits. But the Jareth might be easier to work with since it's got the double-facing wefts in the back... I'll probably end up paying the extra $5 and getting the Jareth.
Better to have too much wig hair than not enough!
__________________
Katsucon 2016:
Colette (Tales of Symphonia) // Hikaru [Autozam] (Magic Knight Rayearth) // Hikaru [CLAMP in 3D Land] (Magic Knight Rayearth) // Loretta (Gangsta.)

Looking forward to 2016! -- Katsucon, Genericon, Colossalcon, Otakon

Find me on my Facebook page!
Rose of Battle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2015, 02:12 AM   #2481
Sunara Ishi
Registered User
 
Sunara Ishi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose of Battle View Post
(oh my gosh, I completely missed this post)

I'm going to do her default version, but I'd like to do one of the fusion versions at some point! Maybe the fire one, but maybe the water one.
No worries. I kinda forgot after my con was over.

Wow. We must think alike. I was thinking of her fire version too or perhaps her wind or earth ones. Though I'm not thrilled by those arms and those wings. The con I usually go to is so crowded that I don't know if I'd be able to move around a lot. The fire and the wind ones are actually the most practical.

But it'd probably be awhile before I make another. I have other ones I need to make first (some are relying on me losing weight.) So I'm going to stick with my default version for now. I probably have some changes and alterations I need to make. Like lowering the hem and adding counter-weights to the scabbards.

By the time I make another Tales, I'll probably find someone from Besteria that I want to make...

Good luck and don't be afraid to message me if you want advice or anything. >.<
__________________
2015 planned cosplays: Rose - Tales of Zestiria | Isuzu - Amagi Brillant Park
Sunara Ishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2015, 08:42 AM   #2482
Rose of Battle
lolwut
 
Rose of Battle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunara Ishi View Post
No worries. I kinda forgot after my con was over.

Wow. We must think alike. I was thinking of her fire version too or perhaps her wind or earth ones. Though I'm not thrilled by those arms and those wings. The con I usually go to is so crowded that I don't know if I'd be able to move around a lot. The fire and the wind ones are actually the most practical.

But it'd probably be awhile before I make another. I have other ones I need to make first (some are relying on me losing weight.) So I'm going to stick with my default version for now. I probably have some changes and alterations I need to make. Like lowering the hem and adding counter-weights to the scabbards.

By the time I make another Tales, I'll probably find someone from Besteria that I want to make...

Good luck and don't be afraid to message me if you want advice or anything. >.<
Hahaha, yeah, I'm just waiting to see the other characters in Berseria.

Thanks! If I get stuck, I'll send you a message!
__________________
Katsucon 2016:
Colette (Tales of Symphonia) // Hikaru [Autozam] (Magic Knight Rayearth) // Hikaru [CLAMP in 3D Land] (Magic Knight Rayearth) // Loretta (Gangsta.)

Looking forward to 2016! -- Katsucon, Genericon, Colossalcon, Otakon

Find me on my Facebook page!
Rose of Battle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2015, 03:43 AM   #2483
Sunara Ishi
Registered User
 
Sunara Ishi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 27
No. Prob. Hope everything goes well. >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunara Ishi View Post
By the time I make another Tales, I'll probably find someone from Besteria that I want to make...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose of Battle View Post
Hahaha, yeah, I'm just waiting to see the other characters in Berseria.
Oops. Typo. Totally didn't see what I did there... -.-;
__________________
2015 planned cosplays: Rose - Tales of Zestiria | Isuzu - Amagi Brillant Park
Sunara Ishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2015, 12:13 AM   #2484
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos
 
Jei-Cos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 11,526
Damnit!!
I bought Tales Of Hearts R for the PS Vita..I really need to read things on games before I go buying them..I didn't know it was Japanese with English subs..And no, that's not the bad part..The bad part is how horridly translated it is..I can understand a little Japanese..Like I know a few phrases and whatever..So it makes me cringe hearing it in Japanese knowing what's said, then reading the subs that aren't even the same..Makes me wonder how much different the english and japanese versions actually are..
Shoulda freaking bought the DS one..
/rant
__________________
Cosplay DA Regular DA Cosplay Group DA Cosplay FB
Photography FB YouTube Group YouTube
Kumoricon 2017:
-Created Character [SAO Hollow Realization]
-Cloud [Dissidia Final Fantasy]
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2015, 05:52 PM   #2485
Ludger03
Corpse Shell Wielder
 
Ludger03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jei-Cos View Post
Damnit!!
I bought Tales Of Hearts R for the PS Vita..I really need to read things on games before I go buying them..I didn't know it was Japanese with English subs..And no, that's not the bad part..The bad part is how horridly translated it is..I can understand a little Japanese..Like I know a few phrases and whatever..So it makes me cringe hearing it in Japanese knowing what's said, then reading the subs that aren't even the same..Makes me wonder how much different the english and japanese versions actually are..
Shoulda freaking bought the DS one..
/rant
Late reply: I pretty much didn't care for the remakes on the vita but yeah your not the only one who thought it was bad.

So far, Im going to fix my ludger outfit for the next con Im going.
__________________
2015 Cosplays: (Red for my Bro, Blue for Myself)
Future Cosplays:
Elsword-Ciel (Dreadlord) & Ciel (Royal Guard)
Fire Emblem Fates-Felicia & Jakob )
Ludger03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2016, 06:53 PM   #2486
Chiagirl
Sheena Cosplayer
 
Chiagirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 541
I didn't see this mentioned here yet, but Canada now has a Tales convention like Aselia Con. It's called Maple Gel Guild, and it's held at the Holiday Inn Oakville centre on Saturday June 25 - Sun June 26, 2016.

More information can be found here:

http://maplegelcon.squarespace.com/

https://www.facebook.com/events/853123514800718/

http://maplegelguild.tumblr.com/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/863252377104930/
__________________
Looking to buy plus sized cosplays! PM me if you have any for sale/trade.

Conventions Attended:
Anime Detour 2012
Geek.kon 2012, 2013, & 2016
Anime Milwaukee 2013
Anime Central 2014
Costume Con 2016
(Upcoming) Anime Midwest 2018

Current Cosplays: Suzu, Sheena (default and young/successor version)

Upcoming Cosplays: Team Magma Grunt, White Mage, Kikyo, Cynthia

Future Cosplay Series: Naruto Shippuden, SSB4, Shadowverse, Smite, Yugioh, Final Fantasy, Tales of, Inuyasha, Pokémon
Chiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2017, 07:05 AM   #2487
Frozen Angel
aka Jäätynyt Enkeli
 
Frozen Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,171
IF YOU'RE A PRESEA FAN PLEASE READ THIS!

Hello Tales of fans!

I know that this thread has been playing with its dust for a while now, but I really want to spread the word of a recent change that I did in my cosplay list. It might interest someone here, so I go ahead and share it.

Yesterday I was going through my cosplay list on my computer to see what characters still tickled my fancy to cosplay as. During the past days I have also spoken with a good friend of mine regarding our genderbend Tales of Symphonia pair cosplay, with her as Fem!Regal and myself as Male!Presea. It was sad to hear that she had lost interest in Regal, as I was kinda hoping to pull off this duo someday. But since I won't have my buddy genderbending with me, it just won't be the same anymore to do Presea and the hype is gone too. Don't get us wrong, we both still like the characters and the game is dear to us but the cosplay interest is just gone. While I enjoy playing with Presea in the game, as she's one of my favorites to play as, I just don't like her enough to be willing to put down the amount of work, effort, time and money that the costume will require of me. Anyone know this feeling? So here comes my question - is there anyone out there who wants/or would be interested to cosplay as a male version of Presea in her default outfit?

I have drawn the design on paper for quite some time ago and I just can't bring myself to throw it in the bin, as I think it's a good and fitting design for the character. Those of you who are interested or just want to take a look at the design, you find it here and here.

If anyone knows another thread at the forum were this kind of topic would be appreciated, please let me know!

I hope I can help someone out there with this design of mine instead of just wasting it
__________________
~*~ My cosplay blog ~*~

Last edited by Frozen Angel : 03-12-2017 at 02:39 PM.
Frozen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2017, 02:14 PM   #2488
Chiagirl
Sheena Cosplayer
 
Chiagirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 541
Australia also has a Tales convention, Ozuteria con, which will be running for it's third year on April 14th, 2018.

http://talesofconsydney.webs.com/


Maple gel Guild, the Canadian Tales convention, will be having its 4th year held June 22 - 24 2018.

http://maplegelguild.tumblr.com/

And Aselia Con, the Texas Tales convention, will be having it's 6th year March 16-18th.

http://www.aseliacon.com/

This thread has been pretty dead, so I thought I'd try to liven it up and see if anyone is going to any of these.
__________________
Looking to buy plus sized cosplays! PM me if you have any for sale/trade.

Conventions Attended:
Anime Detour 2012
Geek.kon 2012, 2013, & 2016
Anime Milwaukee 2013
Anime Central 2014
Costume Con 2016
(Upcoming) Anime Midwest 2018

Current Cosplays: Suzu, Sheena (default and young/successor version)

Upcoming Cosplays: Team Magma Grunt, White Mage, Kikyo, Cynthia

Future Cosplay Series: Naruto Shippuden, SSB4, Shadowverse, Smite, Yugioh, Final Fantasy, Tales of, Inuyasha, Pokémon
Chiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 AM.


Copyright 2002-2018 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.