Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Sakura Con

Unread 01-23-2018, 08:22 PM   #1
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Super Mario Shoot and Odyssey CMV.

On Friday of the con, there will be a photoshoot for any and all cosplayers from the Super Mario universe. Canon, non-canon, OC, whatever.
Here's the link to the event page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/205724070005540/
At the time of this post, we are still trying to figure out the time and location, and I made a post on my thoughts on a location.

Also, I will be filming for a Cosplay Music Video. Technically it's a Mario Odyssey video, but there are parts that I want a group of cosplayers for. The main part I want a group for will be at the END of the shoot, that way it's not interrupting the middle of the shoot.

There'a a part in the song where the lyrics go
"Jump up in the air. Jump up don't be scared. Jump up and your fears will soar away"
I would love to have it where the group all jumps together during the parts where she says "jump up".
As well as I'll be filming some poses of characters too to go in the video. These will be taken while cosplayers pose for pictures. If you do not want me to use your cosplay in the video, just say so and I'll not film you.
If this sounds interesting, please join in. If not, again, just say the word and I won't film when you're posing.
-Created Character [SAO Hollow Realization]
-Cloud [Dissidia Final Fantasy]
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-01-2018, 12:08 AM   #2
Scunosi

So I don't forget, and since I can't share the FB group to non-members, I'm already Interested in this on FB but I have potentially 3 other Shy Guys (just regular ones) that could join me if they end up being interested/free. Some characters (i.e. grunts) are good to have in groups, right?

Upcoming Conventions
PAX West

Latest cosplay
Table Tennis Mei (Overwatch)

Working On
---
Scunosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2018, 01:16 AM   #3
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
So I don't forget, and since I can't share the FB group to non-members, I'm already Interested in this on FB but I have potentially 3 other Shy Guys (just regular ones) that could join me if they end up being interested/free. Some characters (i.e. grunts) are good to have in groups, right?
Is it just the Mario shoot event page you can't share? Or just anything on the Sakuracon page? If it's just the Mario shoot page, that's cuz idk how to change that stuff lol
Were you the one that replied to my one post that you were doing a shy guy (or was it shy girl..I don't remember, I deleted that post when we made the event)?
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]
Unread 02-01-2018, 02:20 PM   #4
Scunosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jei-Cos View Post
Is it just the Mario shoot event page you can't share? Or just anything on the Sakuracon page? If it's just the Mario shoot page, that's cuz idk how to change that stuff lol
Were you the one that replied to my one post that you were doing a shy guy (or was it shy girl..I don't remember, I deleted that post when we made the event)?
So far I've only tried sharing the Mario shoot page so at the very least it's that group, Idk about the main Sak groups. My friends aren't members of that either though I think which makes it hard to get stuff to their attention but I'll just tell them about it in-person soon.

And yeah I'm the one who was asking about non-canon designs (like my Shy Gal) being acceptable. My friends and boyfriend would all regular Shy Guys though. And that also explains why I had the hardest time finding the Mario group posts again!

Upcoming Conventions
PAX West

Latest cosplay
Table Tennis Mei (Overwatch)

Working On
---
Scunosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2018, 02:40 PM   #5
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
So far I've only tried sharing the Mario shoot page so at the very least it's that group, Idk about the main Sak groups. My friends aren't members of that either though I think which makes it hard to get stuff to their attention but I'll just tell them about it in-person soon.

And yeah I'm the one who was asking about non-canon designs (like my Shy Gal) being acceptable. My friends and boyfriend would all regular Shy Guys though. And that also explains why I had the hardest time finding the Mario group posts again!
I'm gonna guess it's likely the page. I don't see why the Sak page wouldn't be shareable, that'd be a horrible way to have it. No one's friends would be able to know about it in that case. So people would have to be able to share it so the page can get members from people sharing it with their friends who don't know about it. I'll check the page and see if there's a share setting.

Yep. I deleted it because with the page up, there wasn't a need for a post no one was replying to anyway. It was just you. The pages are REALLY dead this year. Like you can't even go past friday for shoots for literally no reason other than facebook is run by morons who don't know how to make a website. I checked the photoshoot pages that are viewable, and like 95% of them are empty. No discussions, nothing..Normally by now there would be tons of people talking about the cosplay they'll be in for the shoot, and the obvious "what times work for everyone, so we can choose the best time for the group to happen" post. but none of that is happening.

EDIT:
So Idk if you can see the image in he link below, but it's from the Mario shoot page. The share button has the option for me to share with friends, in messenger, and in a post. So idk why it won't let you.
http://s88.photobucket.com/user/Razo...wwrck.png.html
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]

Last edited by Jei-Cos : 02-01-2018 at 02:51 PM.