Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 01-11-2018, 05:10 PM   #1
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Avoid Procosplay At All Costs!

I bought a cosplay from Procosplay.com and I am here to show you why this site should be avoided at all costs, and you should never ever give them your money. Buckle in because it's gonna be long. I also have email screenshots.
On 11/22/17 I bought a Sora (kingdom Hearts 2) cosplay, and the shoes, both from this site. I have been in constant contact with the company's customer service since even before that.
You can see in my email to them that I askedwhen I can expect it. I told hem I had an event where I needed to leave on Jan 4th. They assured me I would have it by then, as I choose the more expensive fast shipping option (which doesn't even matter anymore since they have not even shipped anything).
Here is a screenshot of the shipping time as making time for theis site:
http://s88.photobucket.com/user/Razo...qeote.png.html
It specifically says 8-20 days to get an order, but with what else it states there's a max of 30 days (10 total making time and 20 total shipping time), but you can assume this is not 100% accurate, so let's say 45 days. That's reasonable for a company that doesn't actually make the items upon order (in case you're wondering, none of these places actually "make to order" they all grab the closest sizes to your measurements).

Here's the email screenshots in order.
http://s88.photobucket.com/user/Razo...3cmnw.png.html
http://s88.photobucket.com/user/Razo...98zyr.png.html
http://s88.photobucket.com/user/Razo...wtwma.png.html
http://s88.photobucket.com/user/Razo...uggq3.png.html
http://s88.photobucket.com/user/Razo...98zyr.png.html
http://s88.photobucket.com/user/Razo...twclk.png.html

The last one is about 2 emails after the one before it. I sent 2 pretty hefty emails about how unprofessional they are being, and how what they are doing is very wrong. Also, I CAN file with the Better Business Bureau about this, because if you read email screenshot 2, they specifically said, and I quote, "The shoes are finished, and the costume is almost finished". Meaning they already started and are about to be done. However the email I received this morning states that they never even started the costume to begin with, and will start on it today, and missed it completely. That means the email where they told me it was almost finished was a complete lie. This is all the company seems to know how to do, is lie to their customers. I will be filing with the Better Business Bureau as soon as I can. I'll update to let you guys know if I received anything or not, because at this rate, I highly doubt it.
-Created Character [SAO Hollow Realization]
-Cloud [Dissidia Final Fantasy]
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]
Jei-Cos is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-11-2018, 08:40 PM   #2
Zoeyromanov

Bro, I didn't even need to finish reading your review; the title said it all. I've had experience with them and it was not pleasant for me either. I also posted a thread with my review as well (albeit a very long one) and I honestly thought it was just my experience.
This goes without saying but I hope you get your money back with PayPal, or tell them in an e-mail to send your costume or will take legal trouble. This is how I ended up getting my costume back, a year after I was supposed to get it. Or unless you have an alternative means. I can link to my review if you like.
Hope everything goes well my friend!

Future plans:
Blue Angel/Aoi Zaizen, Yugioh Vrains
Revolver (genderbent), Yugioh Vrains

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram / CureCos

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too."

Last edited by Zoeyromanov : 01-11-2018 at 08:43 PM.
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2018, 10:29 PM   #3
walkerofdarknes

Well, I would point out that the Better Business Bureau has no jurisdiction outside the US (I think anyway) and the contact number for them puts them squarely in China. I'd go ahead with the PayPal or credit card dispute it rather than just dealing with the hassle.

While I haven't ordered any costumes yet, I can't say as I haven't had any problems with even reputable places like Amazon, so I feel for you. But like I said, dispute the payment and consider the word spread out.
walkerofdarknes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2018, 03:15 PM   #4
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Update: I did end up getting a refund. I haven't gotten any emails from them though, only paypal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoeyromanov View Post
Bro, I didn't even need to finish reading your review; the title said it all. I've had experience with them and it was not pleasant for me either. I also posted a thread with my review as well (albeit a very long one) and I honestly thought it was just my experience.
This goes without saying but I hope you get your money back with PayPal, or tell them in an e-mail to send your costume or will take legal trouble. This is how I ended up getting my costume back, a year after I was supposed to get it. Or unless you have an alternative means. I can link to my review if you like.
Hope everything goes well my friend!
Yea, this is a very horrible site. Good to see I'm not alone too. And yea, that's what the Better Business Bureau threat it. Legal action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerofdarknes View Post
Well, I would point out that the Better Business Bureau has no jurisdiction outside the US (I think anyway) and the contact number for them puts them squarely in China. I'd go ahead with the PayPal or credit card dispute it rather than just dealing with the hassle.

While I haven't ordered any costumes yet, I can't say as I haven't had any problems with even reputable places like Amazon, so I feel for you. But like I said, dispute the payment and consider the word spread out.
Idk..I'm pretty sure they still can do something. Because they are selling to the USA. If the BBB has no jurisdiction, than how are other business that sell to the US even able to do so? If this is the case, that would mean no one can stop them from doing whatever they want.
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]
Unread 01-12-2018, 05:08 PM   #5
Zoeyromanov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jei-Cos View Post
Update: I did end up getting a refund. I haven't gotten any emails from them though, only paypal.

Yea, this is a very horrible site. Good to see I'm not alone too. And yea, that's what the Better Business Bureau threat it. Legal action.
That's good. In retrospect I wish I didn't wait so long to really do something myself . I actually thought they were the legit as well; I did research like I always do. I probably should have noticed something was up in February when I ordered it in December (not recently, a couple years back.)
They really are terrible, because I know things don't go perfectly sometimes, but when I should have noticed some thing was up in February, and when you posted your review, yeah. They are.

Future plans:

Follow me:

Last edited by Zoeyromanov : 01-12-2018 at 05:13 PM.
Unread 01-31-2018, 07:29 AM   #6
Chokichi
Professional Commissioner

I'm so sorry this has happened to you. Did you post about it on Facebook or other social media to warn people? I've had a few commission customers come to me after having a bad experience with Procosplay or other mass produced costume sites. You may have noticed that all of these sites use the same photo-shopped pictures that look nothing like the actual costume you receive. So, even if they get the costume on time, it is often not what they expected.
Chokichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2018, 11:22 AM   #7
Aundreiya
Ruby Eyes

Most cosplay websites are based in China, ProCosplay is no exception. It's one of the few websites that doesn't state anything about the traditional holiday they take in the month of January, and I wish they would. However, I can't say I like your attitude in your inquiring emails. You are very passive aggressive right from the get-go. As a frequent user of ProCosplay I know for a fact you lucked out on a fluke because this has never happened to me. Granted I order cosplays more than two to three months in advance just in case something needs to be altrerd, and try to order early during the traditional holidays ALL cosplay sites take. As someone who has been doing this for a while and likes to think of himself as a pro himself, you sound like a novice when it comes to shopping online. I wouldn't put it past them to be effing with you for being a rude little shit. My personal thoughts of you aside, mistakes happen and they are human too. Maybe there was a mix up, maybe someone was looking at the wrong order at the time, as a customer that is frustrating. But maybe don't have such a rushed order next time. I've never had a time where I needed something in two months and it came in. Never. Because theres this...thing. Its called customs. And they will hold your shit as long as they damn well please. Once your cosplay hits them, you cant complain to the cosplay website about your stuff being late because its not their problem.

My own personal experiences with ProCosplay have all be pleasant, I've never had to inquire about when my cosplay should be expected, and it's good quality. There's always one person with a bad experience that tries to turn heads, but I assure you, this site really is legit, and amazing. Just order your stuff 4 months In advance since that's the rule of thumb, and try to avoid their holidays. That goes for all cosplay sites.
Sunday/Day 0/masquerade: Random Ravenclaw OC
Aundreiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2018, 03:33 PM   #8
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chokichi View Post
I'm so sorry this has happened to you. Did you post about it on Facebook or other social media to warn people? I've had a few commission customers come to me after having a bad experience with Procosplay or other mass produced costume sites. You may have noticed that all of these sites use the same photo-shopped pictures that look nothing like the actual costume you receive. So, even if they get the costume on time, it is often not what they expected.
I don't go on any facebook pages where it'd be allowed. Only my local con pages which are strictly for talking about photo shoots. Not who to avoid buying from. It's be removed.
I also do not want a commissioner for this cosplay. The reason I wanted to buy it is so I didn't have to make it myself (which I've already done before), and I also don't have the kind of money it'd take for a commission for this, so there was that problem too.

And yes, I'm well aware of the "same photo" thing. I have talked about it to others many many times. I was not looking for a custom costume. This has nothing to do with it being custom or not. It has to do with them blatantly skipping my order despite continuing to exchange emails with me, straight up lying to me about the "order almost being finished", when they never even started my order in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aundreiya View Post
Most cosplay websites are based in China, ProCosplay is no exception. It's one of the few websites that doesn't state anything about the traditional holiday they take in the month of January, and I wish they would. However, I can't say I like your attitude in your inquiring emails. You are very passive aggressive right from the get-go. As a frequent user of ProCosplay I know for a fact you lucked out on a fluke because this has never happened to me. Granted I order cosplays more than two to three months in advance just in case something needs to be altrerd, and try to order early during the traditional holidays ALL cosplay sites take. As someone who has been doing this for a while and likes to think of himself as a pro himself, you sound like a novice when it comes to shopping online. I wouldn't put it past them to be effing with you for being a rude little shit. My personal thoughts of you aside, mistakes happen and they are human too. Maybe there was a mix up, maybe someone was looking at the wrong order at the time, as a customer that is frustrating. But maybe don't have such a rushed order next time. I've never had a time where I needed something in two months and it came in. Never. Because theres this...thing. Its called customs. And they will hold your shit as long as they damn well please. Once your cosplay hits them, you cant complain to the cosplay website about your stuff being late because its not their problem.

My own personal experiences with ProCosplay have all be pleasant, I've never had to inquire about when my cosplay should be expected, and it's good quality. There's always one person with a bad experience that tries to turn heads, but I assure you, this site really is legit, and amazing. Just order your stuff 4 months In advance since that's the rule of thumb, and try to avoid their holidays. That goes for all cosplay sites.
Yes I know they are all based in china. I don't see what this has to do with lying to me? Also what does this month have anything to do with it? They promised it would be done BEFORE January when I placed the order. So them taking a month off that it would be done BEFORE, shouldn't even be part of the equation.
You don't like the way I said things? Well, maybe they shouldn't lie to me. I was very nice to them before I started noticing they were lying to me. I was not passive aggressive. If you want to make it out that way, that's you're own problem, not mine. I simply was asking if the time I needed it by was a possibility. They even said yes it would be done by then. Idk how the hell you see that as passive aggressive, but then again this site is filled with people that think EVERYTHING is..
Oh you order 2-3 months in advanced? You mean just like I did? That ALSO is not part of the problem. I would have been fine if they DIDN'T LIE TO ME! I don't see what's so hard to understand here. They told me specifically that it'd be done by a certain time. It wasn't until AFTER that promised time, before they told me they never even started. They told me specifically that the "costume was almost finished" over a MONTH before they told me they never actually started it. They LIED. If you don't see a problem there, then there's something wrong with you. And no, I DIDN'T "inquire about when my cosplay is to be expected" They specifically state on their site that if you need it by a certain time, to tell them.
http://s88.photobucket.com/user/Razo...zrz6b.png.html
So I asked them if that was possible, and they assured me it was. That's called asking a question. If they told me "no that isn't possible", I wouldn't have had a problem. I was simply, again, ASKING A QUESTION. You act like I demanded they make it in that time or something. I was only rude to them after they lied to me and kept pushing back the dates. They chose to do this. They could have easily NOT lied to me, and told me a date they were more likely to be done by, but they chose instead to keep lying to me. If they acted this way because of how they thought I was treating them, that doesn't suddenly make it ok. It actually proves they shouldn't be a business. I don't know if you've ever work in customer service before, but by the sounds of it, no, you haven't. Because even the worst customers, you don't just lie to and treat like shit. You "be the bigger person" and show you are professional. They clearly are not. You're experiences do not mean that's how everyone's experiences will be. This is my opinion on the company, if you don't like it, no one forced you to read it or comment about it.
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]
Unread 02-01-2018, 04:18 PM   #9
Zoeyromanov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aundreiya View Post

Dude. I've dealt with them and I know exactly where Jei is coming from:
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=339053

I know Jei is definitely not a novice, he's (apologies if I used the wrong terminology) always giving solid advice to everyone, even he's not perfect whether a pro or not. I agree about the part of wishing for the site to show us the Chinese holidays updates so we can order accordingly however.
Back to the review, when we both ordered from the site they never gave us any insight as to when the costume would be shipped out (well they did with him, but obviously it wasn't true), when it would be done (although obviously it's actually premade) or anything. They took our money and ran.
It took for me to write an e-mail about taking legal issues unless they sent out my costume, and they finally sent it out.
And I did not have to deal with customs, I just got my costume. If Jei wanted a 'rushed order', he would need to e-mail them saying 'Hey, I need a rushed order, can you do it?' and they'd still have make it regardless because he is placing an order and does expect the costume.
We know they're human, but people can still steal from you. And it's very clear they did because Jei and I had similar problems. If Procosplay was somehow, in a perfect world, was a legit site and mixed up orders, they would e-mail him and say 'Sorry, we messed up'.
Since when is it rude to want your money back or costume? Obviously there's a difference, but it's clear he wasn't happy and you can't blame him. They lied to both of us.

Future plans:

Follow me:

Last edited by Zoeyromanov : 02-01-2018 at 04:28 PM.
Unread 02-01-2018, 08:16 PM   #10
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoeyromanov View Post
If Jei wanted a 'rushed order', he would need to e-mail them saying 'Hey, I need a rushed order, can you do it?' and they'd still have make it regardless because he is placing an order and does expect the costume.
Something tells me this person didn't even read everything in full to begin with..because I was very clear that I DID order it as a rush order, and procosplay even specified they were aware of it being a rush order, then straight up lied to me. But nope. I'm the one that's horrible, right Aundreiya, because in your world we shouldn't hold companies responsible for ripping people off?
More proof that they didn't read through the stuff fully is if they did, they would have seen the image where it specifies how long it should take to arrive to me, upon placing the order. If they are going to take 3 months to get an order out, then they need to NOT specify a total of 30 days. Again, Aundreiya seems to live in a world where if there's a problem, it's always 100% the customer's fault, and the company is run by angels who can do no wrong.
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]

Last edited by Jei-Cos : 02-01-2018 at 08:19 PM.
Unread 02-01-2018, 10:51 PM   #11
Zoeyromanov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jei-Cos View Post
Something tells me this person didn't even read everything in full to begin with..because I was very clear that I DID order it as a rush order, and procosplay even specified they were aware of it being a rush order, then straight up lied to me. But nope. I'm the one that's horrible, right Aundreiya, because in your world we shouldn't hold companies responsible for ripping people off?
More proof that they didn't read through the stuff fully is if they did, they would have seen the image where it specifies how long it should take to arrive to me, upon placing the order. If they are going to take 3 months to get an order out, then they need to NOT specify a total of 30 days. Again, Aundreiya seems to live in a world where if there's a problem, it's always 100% the customer's fault, and the company is run by angels who can do no wrong.
My bad; meant to say "Whether or not [...]". Didn't phrase it properly. Anyways, yeah clearly he gets lucky with them, and with that said don't worry about him anymore. Just as long as you get/got your money back, this whole thing will be over. Since this review is public, we can just hope people in the future will do research and find this (and mine) and not do business with them.

Future plans:

Follow me:

Last edited by Zoeyromanov : 02-01-2018 at 10:58 PM.