Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Unread 02-14-2018, 07:39 AM   #1
Meadowknight
La-Bibbida-Bibba-Dum

Lightbulb Knott's Scary Farm 2018?

Wow, I have not posted on here for YEARS! O_O...are there many people on here in their 30s, or is it just me? Have the teenagers taken over cosplay? (no offense teens!)....I have been away from the scene for so long I'm not sure what it's even like now...Anyways, lol...

This is kind of a shot in the dark, as I'm a bit frustrated wanting to do more costume stuff but most of my friends are too busy, tied down with kids, too far, or just too distracted for me to successfully get a fun group together to do anything festive. So here's my idea...

My boyfriend and I have been playing Left 4 Dead a lot (oldie, but goody), and I got it into my head it would be fun to go to Knott's Scary Farm or Universal Haunted Horror Nights as Zoey and Ellis. The game is a bit on the older side now, so not everyone and their mother are doing the costumes now, and he and I can fit the look of the characters well (I'm a youthful 35, and he's 25). My friend will also be going as Coach. I know these theme parks have strict rules on costumes, but I figure "costumes" like these...these characters are in normal clothing. Security is not going to harass me for wearing a track jacket, jeans, and sketchers, and they are not going to harass him for his trucker hat, T-shirt, and jeans (or coveralls if we think that isn't too nervy). We could pull this off as long as we don't bring any weapons props, or have fake blood and mud on us. Fans of the horror genre go to stuff like this, many would recognize us, including the scare actors...which could make visiting the park a little more fun than usual. Survivor character costumes could be from anything ranging from games to film (Resident Evil, Left 4 Dead, The Walking Dead, etc..).

What are you guys's thoughts on this? Would anyone be interested in forming a group of "survivors" , as subtle cosplays for a fun meet up this fall at Knott's? Also, my boyfriend has never been to a "cosplay" event, but he loves costuming and is having fun with me finding new excuses for him to do so....it would be neat to show him what a "gathering" can be like with a ton of people goofing off together . Also, if this just doesn't pan out...Citywalk is costume friendly, and a fun environment too. Thoughts?

I claim -Claire Redfield- at the claiming thread
Meadowknight is offline   Reply With Quote