Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 08-24-2010, 09:30 PM   #271
Meltacticz
no

Has anyone bought these contacts? I'm afraid they might not show on my dark eyes. Also, for both of them it would be $100.00 right?

http://www.visiondirect.com/la/produ...UY-PLST-0-SRCH
Meltacticz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2010, 10:22 PM   #272
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltacticz View Post
Has anyone bought these contacts? I'm afraid they might not show on my dark eyes. Also, for both of them it would be $100.00 right?

http://www.visiondirect.com/la/produ...UY-PLST-0-SRCH
It looks like they cover up darker eyes. And yes, it would be about $100 for a pair. If you check Ion's links in the first few posts, you can find red contacts for cheaper.

Thank you for completely removing my signature without emailing me that it was too long.
ThakYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 06:55 PM   #273
Rejecteddemo

Thank you so much for this ^.^ I'm gonna be needing to get some pruple contacts for drocell myself >< This helped out amazingly. <3

Anyone have a brand they've used that has a good purple color? (My eyes are a blue naturally)
Rejecteddemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2010, 04:01 PM   #274
Ion
イオン

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejecteddemo View Post
Thank you so much for this ^.^ I'm gonna be needing to get some pruple contacts for drocell myself >< This helped out amazingly. <3

Anyone have a brand they've used that has a good purple color? (My eyes are a blue naturally)
ColorMax Violet might work well on your eyes as they are light colored. There are also plain purple lenses, though I am not a fan. DollyEye violet is another lens that gets mentioned often. I used them for my Drocell costume too. The design isn't my favorite but I wanted a really bright color and they fit the bill. There are plenty of other designs and shades out there so it's rather up to what effect you want. I've been compiling a list of lenses by color here. You may see something you like. Be sure to get your eyes checked and measured so you can get the right size lenses - otherwise happy shopping :3

CURRENT PROJECTS
Mikazuki Munechika - Touken Ranbu | D.VA - Overwatch | Jadis - Chronicles of Narnia
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2010, 07:45 PM   #275
Rejecteddemo

Thank you very much Ion : )
Rejecteddemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2010, 03:49 PM   #276
DemonChibiPanda

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions (preferably from experience) about where I could get green cirlce lenses. The problem is that I am a little tight with money but I need the lenses soon. ^-^'
DemonChibiPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2010, 04:39 PM   #277
Ion
イオン

2 For 1 Post

DemonChibiPanda: If you've got a prescription and know your b.c and diameter (and powers if you need vision correction), there's a helpful list that's on the first post of this thread. It's a list I've been compiling which separates some lenses by color or design. If you don't have a prescription, you will want to make an appointment with an eye doctor so you can get your eyes measured and whatnot. A visit is not a waste of money and a perk is that you often get free stuff and can try free colored lens trials on so you can see how they will look. Once you've got a prescription you can order many lenses from the eye doctor's office or shop around online.

For the aforementioned list see below:
The Specific Color/Lenses List

And speaking of which, I figured I'd warn you guys who have visited the page before. I decided to break the page down into separate pages for each color. I have Roadrunner's low-end cable internet package and I figured since loading time was sort of slow for me that anyone with slower service would be having nightmares. Now pages are happily separated by color and there are links at the top so you can navigate to other colors without using the browser's back button. Feedback/suggestions are cool. I hope it's easier to view/navigate now.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Mikazuki Munechika - Touken Ranbu | D.VA - Overwatch | Jadis - Chronicles of Narnia
Unread 09-12-2010, 11:57 AM   #278
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

So I'm now looking for blue contact lenses that are like a lighter blue, very noticeable, and might possibly have a hint of a glow (or at least look like they somewhat glow). Anybody have any suggestions?

Thank you for completely removing my signature without emailing me that it was too long.
Unread 09-12-2010, 10:48 PM   #279
Ion
イオン

ThakYuki: Maybe give Angelic blue lenses a try? They are very noticeable, but I am not sure what look you are going for. Colormax Aqua lenses are also very noticeable. I have Colormax Blue lenses and they are quite bright but the aqua ones are even brighter, I am told.

If you can give more detail about the color/character you are getting the lenses for, maybe we can recommend even more specific things :3

CURRENT PROJECTS
Unread 09-13-2010, 12:53 PM   #280
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

The Angelic Blues look like they'd be perfect, but that's a little high for my price range. I'm not looking to spend more than $40 for a pair.

The character I need them for is Casshern:
https://media.sirenvisual.com.au/med...s/casshern.jpg (when they don't glow)
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:n...e%2029.jpg&t=1 (when they are all glowy)

Edit: I looked through the photo thread and I'm considering the Dollyeye blue.

Last edited by ThakYuki : 09-14-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Unread 09-15-2010, 06:48 AM   #281
Da Tenshi Kurai
VESICA URENTIS.

There are some really knowledgeable people posting to this thread, so maybe somebody could answer this baffling question:

Why is Color Lens 4 Less a banned URL on Cosplay.Com when I keep seeing people highly recommending their products?

If they're a bad site, shouldn't that be reflected in people's reviews in the contacts threads? My best assumption is (if I recall correctly from the one time I ordered from them years ago) that they didn't require a prescription for proof of your power? And now that I think of it, the packaging was kind of beat-up?
Unread 09-15-2010, 08:40 AM   #282
Ion
イオン

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Tenshi Kurai View Post
There are some really knowledgeable people posting to this thread, so maybe somebody could answer this baffling question:

Why is Color Lens 4 Less a banned URL on Cosplay.Com when I keep seeing people highly recommending their products?

If they're a bad site, shouldn't that be reflected in people's reviews in the contacts threads? My best assumption is (if I recall correctly from the one time I ordered from them years ago) that they didn't require a prescription for proof of your power? And now that I think of it, the packaging was kind of beat-up?
They were banned for spamming, which is a common reason that site urls are banned on coscom. I have shopped with them on several occasions and am very happy with products and service. I've never received any damaged goods from them but as always, if you order from any place and receive damaged goods, it's wise to contact customer service to see about replacements. :3

CURRENT PROJECTS
Unread 09-15-2010, 08:55 AM   #283
Da Tenshi Kurai
VESICA URENTIS.

That didn't dawn on me as a potential reason, but it makes perfect sense. Thanks!
Unread 09-19-2010, 01:25 AM   #284
TheScoutsMom

Thanks for the list!
TheScoutsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2010, 09:30 AM   #285
elvis8tweeter
Philadelphia

I'm cosplaying Sebastian from Kuroshitsuji in the future and I'd need to wear red contacts. Contacts kinda freak me out... I've never worn them before. But thanks for this post. I'm sure it'll help.