Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Introductions

Unread 07-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
Yojinko

Hai o.o;...

Hi o.o;

I register on this website in hope of getting some guidance on cosplaying and meeting people and making friends (hopefully).

I have never cosplayed before, though I have lately been considering giving it a try... so... here I am o.o;

The thing is that I have been isolated every since I left Highschool and Tradeschool, so it's been difficult for me to make good freinds... I'm a lil weird -- I don't relate to most people so I more often than not finding myself sitting by myself watching other people interacting with eachother, talking about things I could never relate to or be interested in. I'm always the one left out because I'm not like them... I am hoping that I can meet some people at some point that I can relate to and understand, and they understand me back.

I have been getting more and more lonley lately, so I'm trying to do something about it. I'm trying to develop new interests, while trying to revive old/forgotten ones as well.

I remember when I was in my early to mid teens I used to enjoy watching some animes. I grew up on Pokemon as a child, then I discovered differant animes as well such as... Full Metal Alchemist, Ghost in a Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Euerka 7, etc. Despite I was interested in it all, it was never something that was nurtured and was eventually almost forgotten. So, here I am, trying to revisit this old pastime of mine.

I also used to be a big gamer, I love game titles such as The Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy, Fable, Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, etc.

I also used to like some Sci-Fi's... Children of Dune, Star Trek, Star Wars, Stargate, etc.

I'm a 24 year old guy, I live in the USA, Maryland. I'm also mixed, chinese-american to be specific.

I was raised by my white Mom though, and I've only ever met a handful of people that also have asian heritage other than myself throughout my life.... so I'm kinda whitewashed. I never got to get to know a lot about my Dad's side of the family, nor have I had any friends who were also asian/mixed, so I'm kind of disconnected a bit with my asian side. Perhaps that is something else I need to explore to...

Anyways, that's a little sample on who I am, and why I'm here typing this out in the first place o.o. I just hope I can find what I'm looking for here, I'm running out of ideas.
Yojinko is offline   Reply With Quote