Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Unread 02-11-2012, 12:19 AM   #4576
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Resident Evil:Revelations is awesome. How does it play with the circle pad pro, for those who got it? I'm playing it without, but I wish I could move the camera around without having to aim my gun to look around. I'm assuming the second stick is used as a camera?

Also, why is Jill's 3D butt in my face this whole game? Oh my god.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-11-2012, 07:34 AM   #4577
Pliskin
Fortune Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
Resident Evil:Revelations is awesome. How does it play with the circle pad pro, for those who got it? I'm playing it without, but I wish I could move the camera around without having to aim my gun to look around. I'm assuming the second stick is used as a camera?

Right stick is aim when aiming/look when not, left stick is move.

So you can effectively backpedal and shoot at the same time. Its a big advantage.
Pliskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #4578
Archelon
An Old-Fashioned Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kAZbear View Post
Playing Shadows of the Damned over here :3. Gods I love whomever is doing Garcia's voice *swoon*. But it's pretty fun to play even though I don't normally play actiony shooty games.
Steve Blum.

Aka everyone ever in the history of anime and video games.

Quote:
They had to utilize the 3D for something.

Last edited by Archelon : 02-11-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Archelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #4579
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

I was going to wrap up Bastion last night, but Steam's servers apparently weren't up for that. HOWEVER, I did end up borrowing a copy of Rayman: Origins from a friend, and DAMN, that game is pretty amazing. Like you all need to play it right now if you haven't amazing. It's retroactively one of the best games I've played from 2011.

Aside from that, working on my ME2 perfect run and some SCV on the side.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #4580
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Man, I need to get Rayman...

Damnit Ubisoft, why did you send that game out to die?

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #4581
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Beat ME2 this weekend. Enjoyed it a lot but still like Dragon Age better. Felt like the final battle of both ME1 and ME2 needed to be about 20% more epic. Still doing some of the DLC and looking forward to ME3. Downloaded the demo of Kingdoms of Amalur because I hear good things. I admit that the Curt Schilling connection caught my attention. Not saying that means anything game-wise. I also need to pick up Rayman....
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #4582
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesoian View Post
Man, I need to get Rayman...

Damnit Ubisoft, why did you send that game out to die?
Because they made more than enough money off of ASS BLEED and Just Dance to cover thier loses. A shame, because I'm fairly certain Rayman is a better title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Beat ME2 this weekend. Enjoyed it a lot but still like Dragon Age better. Felt like the final battle of both ME1 and ME2 needed to be about 20% more epic. Still doing some of the DLC and looking forward to ME3. Downloaded the demo of Kingdoms of Amalur because I hear good things. I admit that the Curt Schilling connection caught my attention. Not saying that means anything game-wise. I also need to pick up Rayman....
I'll give you ME2's final boss battle was weak, but ME one was solid, and a really good set piece overall. I'm not sure how you played the game, but in my playthorugh, it started off with me convincing What's-his-face to blow his own......face off, which was pretty great.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 02-13-2012, 11:35 AM   #4583
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Ya'll probably don't follow my twitter, so I'll say it again.

Online Marvel is so bad, it gives me a case of the vapours. I raged so hard yesterday I stood up , looked left, looked right, then had to sit back down feeling faint, using my phone to fan myself. I felt like a fat black southern lady from the 40's.

Unread 02-13-2012, 02:33 PM   #4584
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Ya'll probably don't follow my twitter, so I'll say it again.

Online Marvel is so bad, it gives me a case of the vapours. I raged so hard yesterday I stood up , looked left, looked right, then had to sit back down feeling faint, using my phone to fan myself. I felt like a fat black southern lady from the 40's.
Dude what's your handle? I'll follow you on twitter! It will make for drinkan at Katsu/PAX East easier.

Unread 02-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #4585
Crusader_8
"Let Reason Prevail"

Marvel as in, MvC3 I'm assuming? SSF4's online functionality was pretty solid compared to other fighting games, so it beats me why they didn't just c/p something that worked. At least mvc3 is more fun on the casual level than mvc2 was. In my opinion, anyway, which I won't feel heartbroken if I'm wrong since I like GG Accent Core plus and SSF4AE more anyway.

But seriously GG is my video game crack. I may fall out of love with games in the future, but if you request a GG game even if I know I'll lose I'll find myself sitting next to you with a controller in one hand and the will to win in the other. Yes, this means I'll try to beat you one-handed, as you may see me arguing that my other hand is busy "throwing up the horns."

Quote:

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
I have inside intel, Sir Mixalot designed the game. In an insider interview, he admitted, "baby [jill] got back" for the entirety of the franchise, and in his opinion, "these other brothers [capcom] supposedly COULD deny... [for the franchise's run]."
AMA 2012 1st place
Nekocon 2012 1st place
AMA 2013 1st Place
Otakon 2014 Awarded Best Singer
Nekocon 2014 2nd place
Katsucon 2015 1st Place

Last edited by Crusader_8 : 02-13-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Crusader_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #4586
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
Dude what's your handle? I'll follow you on twitter! It will make for drinkan at Katsu/PAX East easier.
Mesoian. It's Mesoian for everything. You see Mesoian out there, it's me.

Quote:
Marvel as in, MvC3 I'm assuming? SSF4's online functionality was pretty solid compared to other fighting games, so it beats me why they didn't just c/p something that worked. At least mvc3 is more fun on the casual level than mvc2 was. In my opinion, anyway, which I won't feel heartbroken if I'm wrong since I like GG Accent Core plus and SSF4AE more anyway.
Ultimate, but yeah. The reason why the online is different and considerably shitter is because internal capcom teams don't talk to each other. The MvsC3 team is different from the SSF4 team which is different from the SFxT team (though there's a lot of overlap between SFxT and SF4, which is why the online modes are all there out of the gate this time). So they're developing new netcode for every game, which is why capcom hasn't had a game with decent online....ever. The closest they ever got was Lost Planet 2.

I mean, Marvel has a lot of problems, but the crappy netcode makes things that are terrible about certain characters even worse because you can reaction counter it. It makes teams like, for example, Dr. Strange, Doom, Wesker something that can destroy you with chip damage alone. I got beat yesterday by a "Dark Wesker Rising" player who literally did nothing but spam S towards the end of the match, and because that move carries him almost halfway across the screen instantly, there was no way you could have possibly blocked it. Like I said, I was so flustered, I was suddenly in a church hat in 100 degree weather.

Last edited by Mesoian : 02-13-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Unread 02-13-2012, 05:24 PM   #4587
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Mesoian. It's Mesoian for everything. You see Mesoian out there, it's me.
Added. I'm @TheAnarCHris. Hope you like profanity!

Unread 02-13-2012, 08:27 PM   #4588
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

Quote:
I was going to wrap up Bastion last night, but Steam's servers apparently weren't up for that. HOWEVER, I did end up borrowing a copy of Rayman: Origins from a friend, and DAMN, that game is pretty amazing. Like you all need to play it right now if you haven't amazing. It's retroactively one of the best games I've played from 2011.
I second this. I didn't get to play much of my copy of Rayman Origins, but what I played of it was a blast. It's the most fun with two to three players. It gets chaotic if you put in four players though. I wish you could turn off friendly-fire.
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 10:24 PM   #4589
Psychomantis

Lost Odyssey, Soul Calibur V and when im bored Bust A Groove. Im really looking forward to playing Twisted Metal and SF X TEKKEN hoping those games will be as amazing as the others in the series ive played since i was a kid the originals were the best.
Psychomantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 01:22 AM   #4590
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Quote:
Added. I'm @TheAnarCHris. Hope you like profanity!
I follow Scott Bromley. Profanity ain't no thang.