Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Unread 10-07-2014, 09:30 AM   #6091
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Still unlocking mans, mostly maining Link, Lucina WeeGee and ZS Samus.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-10-2014, 12:54 PM   #6092
Quantum9
Janitor of Crystal Tokyo

Well, I took the plunge, and with the Smash release date announced, I am officially a Wii U man.

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po...d=prod150 200

This is where I bought mine. By all accounts these are basically brand new systems (you can even register them for Club Nintendo coins) and are only missing the charging cradle/console stand (which you can buy collectively on Amazon for 6 bucks). In short, anyone looking for one on the cheap should pick this up, mine came to about $220 shipped and I am a happy camper!
Quantum9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2014, 11:48 PM   #6093
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Theaterhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call all day every dayyyyyyyy

But I also bought a Vita last night, and switch between Fez, Muramasa, and Final Fantasy X-2 on it.
Unread 10-13-2014, 12:51 AM   #6094
Quantum9
Janitor of Crystal Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
Theaterhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call all day every dayyyyyyyy

But I also bought a Vita last night, and switch between Fez, Muramasa, and Final Fantasy X-2 on it.
Michi! You're alive!

Is a Vita really worth it? I know it has remote play with the PS3/4, but that seems like it...
Unread 10-14-2014, 09:55 AM   #6095
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

NYCC put a hold of the videya for awhile, but now that it's over...

-Sm4sh on the 3DS
-Hyrule Warriors on the WiiU
-Infinite Crisis and BL:PreSequel on the PC.

Such games.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 10-14-2014, 10:13 AM   #6096
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Dark Souls II DLC is kicking my butt. Seriously. Serious butt kicking.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2014, 12:47 AM   #6097
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum9 View Post
Michi! You're alive!

Is a Vita really worth it? I know it has remote play with the PS3/4, but that seems like it...
I was busy with a summer job and my honeymoon!

Um, for me it is! I really like portable systems. A big part of it for me was that PlayStation Plus had handed out so many free Vita games. I already had Uncharted, Muramasa, Dragon's Crown, Fez, and more. Muramasa is beautiful on it. I like having portable Fez and portable Final Fantasy X-2 a lot.
Unread 10-15-2014, 10:20 AM   #6098
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Dark Souls II DLC is kicking my butt. Seriously. Serious butt kicking.
Hey look it's the Hag. HIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

I kinda want a Vita, but the lack of exclusives hurt. The vast majority of the things I want to play on that thing I can play on my PC/PS3.

Unread 10-15-2014, 10:58 PM   #6099
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Hi CHris! I was in the Land of Pure Aloha for two weeks. Saw Guardians of the Galaxy for the third time while there. I left my Vita there with Boy-Type I like the system though it doesn't get heavy use from me. I enjoyed Soul Sacrifice and Katamari. I bought Tearaway but never got around to playing it. Boy-Type wanted it to play some Persona game. I'll get it back from him at some point.
Unread 10-16-2014, 11:31 AM   #6100
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Hi CHris! I was in the Land of Pure Aloha for two weeks. Saw Guardians of the Galaxy for the third time while there. I left my Vita there with Boy-Type I like the system though it doesn't get heavy use from me. I enjoyed Soul Sacrifice and Katamari. I bought Tearaway but never got around to playing it. Boy-Type wanted it to play some Persona game. I'll get it back from him at some point.
You stopped usually the general chat thread. TBF, so did everyone else lol.

And yeah, maybe when I can get a Vita for $100 I'll pick it up.

Started BL: PREQUEL SEQUEL last night and while it's more of the same, the writing is still sharp as hell.

Unread 10-16-2014, 06:31 PM   #6101
Quantum9
Janitor of Crystal Tokyo

Hi Hag! I missed you too! Even though you hate me/I annoy you/some combination of the two.

I become a Wii U man tomorrow. This is awesome, since apparently Bayonetta 2 is GOTY.
Unread 10-17-2014, 09:33 AM   #6102
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Hi Hag! I missed you too! Even though you hate me/I annoy you/some combination of the two.

I become a Wii U man tomorrow. This is awesome, since apparently Bayonetta 2 is GOTY.
I'm excited to pick up my witchfu's game, and never be heard from again.

Unread 10-18-2014, 11:15 AM   #6103
Quantum9
Janitor of Crystal Tokyo

Played a little Mario Kart and Nintendoland yesterday. Wanted to play Zelda (the free game I specifically bought MK8 early to get), but apparently the download code expired. LAME. I contacted Nintendo and they said they would look into it for me and likely can get me a replacement. Nintendo's customer service is the best in the business and I've been a loyal fanb...I mean, customer since the 80's so hopefully they can hook me up.

Edit: Nintendo came through! They're giving me $50 in credit so I can download the game. God I love this company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Well it'll definitely pass the time with your wife on vacation

Last edited by Quantum9 : 10-18-2014 at 03:09 PM.
Unread 10-20-2014, 10:51 AM   #6104
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
You stopped usually the general chat thread. TBF, so did everyone else lol.

And yeah, maybe when I can get a Vita for $100 I'll pick it up.

Started BL: PREQUEL SEQUEL last night and while it's more of the same, the writing is still sharp as hell.
I've been busy with real life stuffs. Gaming and the internet fell by the wayside. I missed playing video games but very little of value was lost by being off the interweebs.

I did pick up BL:PS and Alien:Isolation this weekend. Also pre-ordered Dragon Age: Inquisition

Quote:
Q9, I sincerely apologize that I made you feel that way. I don't hate you. I'm sure that you've annoyed me from time to time - everyone does (*cough* CHris *cough) and I know that at times I annoy other people - but I honestly can't think of a particular example where you've aggravated me. On the contrary, you are one of the people whose posts I will always read.

Quote:
Quote:
BAWWWWW!!!! I wanna play Bayonetta 2!!!! But I can't justify the cost the WiiU for one game.
(<--- doesn't play Super Mario or Smash Bros.)

Oscillating between hating the Dark Souls 2 DLC (when it's kicking my ass) and loving it (when I figure out what I'm supposed to do and feel like a total baddass.)
Unread 10-20-2014, 02:22 PM   #6105
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Played a little Mario Kart and Nintendoland yesterday. Wanted to play Zelda (the free game I specifically bought MK8 early to get), but apparently the download code expired. LAME. I contacted Nintendo and they said they would look into it for me and likely can get me a replacement. Nintendo's customer service is the best in the business and I've been a loyal fanb...I mean, customer since the 80's so hopefully they can hook me up.

Edit: Nintendo came through! They're giving me $50 in credit so I can download the game. God I love this company.

Well it'll definitely pass the time with your wife on vacation

Speaking of codes, I need to register some of mine for points.

Also THIS GUY promised his wife he wouldn't start BAYO 2 until she returned from the moon/PAX Aus, so WHELP. Upside, plenty of time to play through Bayo 1:Cosplay edition.

Quote:
I did pick up BL:PS and Alien:Isolation this weekend. Also pre-ordered Dragon Age: Inquisition

BAWWWWW!!!! I wanna play Bayonetta 2!!!! But I can't justify the cost the WiiU for one game.
(<--- doesn't play Super Mario or Smash Bros.)

Oscillating between hating the Dark Souls 2 DLC (when it's kicking my ass) and loving it (when I figure out what I'm supposed to do and feel like a total baddass.)
Yeah, the WiiU is a rough sell if you aren't super into Nintendo's 1st party stuff, or have any desire to play any games from Nintendo's past. In terms of current gen games we own for it, 5 of them are 1st party, the exception being ZombieU.

Let me know what you think of A:I. I've heard mixed things from friends, most of them saying you spend way too much time hiding in boxes and lockers. BL:PS is pretty much more of the same, but that's what I was kind of expecting/wanting. It's very much the SR4 to BL2's Saints Row 3.