Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 12-16-2013, 06:25 AM   #1
Rainhorse
Kori Bureda~

[OPEN]Looking for weight loss buddies

**********************************[NOW CLOSED]*******************
Sorry, I have no idea how to change the thread name... but this group is now closed! Thank you for your interest, and good luck in your endeavors!

Hello! I'm looking to start a small group of people who are seriously trying to lose weight. I'm thinking we would meet up on Skype once a week and exchange messages through e-mail to keep everyone inspired and working towards their goal.

My objective is become a group of friends that inspire and encourage each other towards our goals. The maximum amount of people in this group will be 5 people. We might start a facebook group if that works too, just to keep everyone focused and continuously encouraged.... suggestions are welcomed

This will be a first come first serve type of thing, please post a bio and tell a little about yourself. I'll message people through private messaging about further details.

Bio-
I want to lose about 60 pounds, and I'm hoping to meet like-minded and like-goal...-ed people who want to lose about that much. I'm not too picky, but really, only super-serious people would do well here I think. I'm actually in Japan right now, in the middle of traveling the world, so getting times figured out to meet on Skype might be hard, but I think it'll be worth it. I'm into kpop and I enjoy dancing, I also like to write and I like to make music, as well as draw. I love cosplay but it's a bit hard to do when traveling the world....You could say I'm an artistic person. I also have Binge eating disorder, but I'm working on it using the 'Brain over Binge' approach and that has worked quite well, although I think being part of a group will be really helpful. Also, I'm 19 years old and female.

Thanks for reading and I hope you consider!

Last edited by Rainhorse : 12-27-2013 at 09:14 PM. Reason: not open anymore
Rainhorse is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-18-2013, 04:33 PM   #2
Vex

Hello Rain
First off I would like to say that it is really awesome that you took the fight up with the weight.
I have been trough it and Know it is not an easy thing to do and not at all easy to begin and do alone.
I would love to be in your group and help however I can (And to get to know new people) and it do so happens I am Moving To Tokyo in 15 days to study their history and the language.
I would love to help you any way I can. That being with nutrition or training or anything else.

uh and by the way name is Mikkel ^^

Last edited by Vex : 12-18-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 07:43 PM   #3
ArtsyFartsy
Breeder of the Domokuns

Hello!!

I am most certainly interested in this group! And if not here, then perhaps there are others looking to do the same. I'm looking to drop 40-50 lbs in fat and to gain 10-15 lbs in muscle. I'm starting up a career in cosplaying, starting out doing commissions, but would like to be able to eventually become a well-known cosplayer in a positive way, and to do that I need to get fit for modelling purposes (and also just to get healthy), no I'm not going to do crash diets, starve myself, or anything of the sort. I find that healthy people are the most beautiful, not those scrawny clothes hangers you see for models (I'm not referring to those people who are that skinny trying to gain weight or have hyperthyroidism or anything like that) and that's what I was to portray is good health and well being.

At the moment, I have a physical job. I am a caretaker at a dog kennel and coming into christmas it is the busiest time of year with a full house of roughly 120 dogs to take care of next week (yeowch!), but I am gathering my gear to begin running and yoga, and come February will be full-tilt into that. I'll also be adopting a dog in February (her name is Roxy) and she's the perfect running partner for me, she's not a greyhound, but she's still built for running, tall and slender with strong back legs (she's being boarded at my work by a rescue and I've spent the last 6 months training and working with her). N e hoo, that's me! And for all intense purposes, you may call me Philli (Still not my real name, but I'd rather not give my real name over public forums)

Also, I'm going to be transitioning to veganism next month.
Unread 12-19-2013, 04:51 AM   #4
SKNeko

Hi! I'd definitely like to join this group! My name is Nashi and I'm hoping to get off 75 pounds! Over the past few months I've been dealing with swollen joints and chronic illness, and I'm currently at the point where I just want to get as healthy as possible. The weight for me isn't my main goal, but feeling better and looking great are my focus! I really need some buddies to keep me motivated and remind me why burgers and fries are not actually my best friends XD!

I'm taking on some new endeavors in the cosplay world and I hope to achieve my goals and get out and enjoy things more without being sick!!
SKNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 10:31 PM   #5
aaakemisan

Hi. I would really love to be in this because I need to shed a few pounds for my next cosplay
Unread 12-27-2013, 01:50 AM   #6
Bozko
Cosplay n00b

My name is Chad and if there is still room.... I guess i can go in!

I move into a new place this weekend and they have a fitness facility.

For health (back problems and Hypertension since i was 10) and for cosplay reasons i would love to get back in shape, and with a group i feel it would help keep everyone in check!
Bozko is offline   Reply With Quote