Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 03-24-2018, 01:06 PM   #1
Kid-Krazi
Wants pie

Cosplaysky Issues

Has anyone ever had any issues with this seller? I ordered a costume from them about 2 months ago and paid extra for the 2-3 day shipping. I've contacted them about 4 times asking why I haven't received a shipping confirmation for my costume and they keep telling me that they were taking a break for holidays the past 2 emails then the most recent emails I haven't received a reply for.. Does it usually take this long to receive the costume or am I just unlucky? I asked for a refund of the $35 I paid for the expedited shipping because I was expecting this costume to be here in less than a month. The processing time only said 1-2 weeks.. Is there anyone that's had a similar experience?
Kid-Krazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2018, 09:47 PM   #2
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Sadly that is likely true. Feb (and i believe part of Jan and/or March as well) is Chinese new year, and most companies in China take that time off. Any time that has an order scheduled to either be in the middle of making, or sent, in that time frame, will be postponed until they are off holiday. Every cosplay wholesale site like this one will usually have it listed in their FAQs or something like that.

However, also remember that a LOT of these places take long because they want it to seem like they are making the items after you pay. Because if it comes really fast, you could make the case of "there's no way you hand made this that fast, I want my money back, this is a factory item", but as well as they use to take a long time because Paypal use to have a 45 day period for claims, where after 45 days, you weren't allowed to make a claim anymore for a refund through paypal. So these places would take longer than that so you had no choice.
-Created Character [SAO Hollow Realization]
-Cloud [Dissidia Final Fantasy]
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2018, 06:42 AM   #3
QueendomCosplay
Queen

My experience with cosplaysky has been nothing short of a horror story. I ordered two costumes and a wig from cosplaysky for an event that would take place in a months time, which I made sure to explain in my order. My previous experiences with cosplaysky had been extremely positive, so I had complete confidence in the company and their ability to get my order in before the due dates. Unfortunately the company nearly failed me.

I contacted them almost 2 weeks after I placed my order because my order was still processing, even though payments had gone through the day after ordering. Cosplaysky ignored my first message and when they did respond, they avoided my question of when my orders would be shipped for almost a week. When they did answer me they informed me that it would be shipped three days before the event. When I expressed my concerns that my order would not be received in time for the event, they brushed me off and refused to ship it until that date despite it being completed at the time of the message. I continued emailing them, pleading with them to send it in time for my event and after continuing to be rudely brushed off, I posted my frustrations online. They contacted me later that evening and told me they would not ship my order until after I removed my post, to which I then informed them that I would not remove my post until I have confirmation that it had been shipped and arrived on time. They then told me that they would ship it, but two days before the needed date. I informed them that if my order did not arrive before the needed date not only would I not remove my post, but I would demand a refund as well. Even after my order was shipped, I continued having issues with Cosplaysky and had to contact the shipping company due that the fact that I had be sent incorrect information.

My order did arrive the day before the event, but unfortunately there were so many errors with the costume, including pieces missing, that I had to spend six hours the night before the event fixing it. These fixes included dying fabric, styling wigs, and fixing major prop pieces. In the end I had to leave the event shortly after my schedule was completed on the first day due to exhaustion. Immediately after the event I was contacted by Cosplaysky for the first time, telling me to remove my post. I ignore the first message due to irritation and exhaustion with the company and within the week I had four more messages asking me to remove my post.

I have been true to my word and deleted said post after nearly 2 weeks of harassment, but I have decided to make this post to let everyone know about this horrible experience. After years of experience with Cosplaysky, I will know longer be continuing with this company. This experience has been horrendous and cost me nothing but pain. In the last year the company has gone from a incredible company with great costumes to a mediocre company with terrible customer service and merchandise that continuously decreases in quality. I will be sharing this experience on multiple forms of social media in order to warn other people about this company. I am sincerely upset with my experience and I hope that this stands as warning to others who wish to order from this company to tread lightly.
QueendomCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2018, 09:48 PM   #4
walkerofdarknes

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueendomCosplay View Post
My experience with cosplaysky has been nothing short of a horror story. I ordered two costumes and a wig from cosplaysky for an event that would take place in a months time, which I made sure to explain in my order. My previous experiences with cosplaysky had been extremely positive, so I had complete confidence in the company and their ability to get my order in before the due dates. Unfortunately the company nearly failed me.

I contacted them almost 2 weeks after I placed my order because my order was still processing, even though payments had gone through the day after ordering. Cosplaysky ignored my first message and when they did respond, they avoided my question of when my orders would be shipped for almost a week. When they did answer me they informed me that it would be shipped three days before the event. When I expressed my concerns that my order would not be received in time for the event, they brushed me off and refused to ship it until that date despite it being completed at the time of the message. I continued emailing them, pleading with them to send it in time for my event and after continuing to be rudely brushed off, I posted my frustrations online. They contacted me later that evening and told me they would not ship my order until after I removed my post, to which I then informed them that I would not remove my post until I have confirmation that it had been shipped and arrived on time. They then told me that they would ship it, but two days before the needed date. I informed them that if my order did not arrive before the needed date not only would I not remove my post, but I would demand a refund as well. Even after my order was shipped, I continued having issues with Cosplaysky and had to contact the shipping company due that the fact that I had be sent incorrect information.

My order did arrive the day before the event, but unfortunately there were so many errors with the costume, including pieces missing, that I had to spend six hours the night before the event fixing it. These fixes included dying fabric, styling wigs, and fixing major prop pieces. In the end I had to leave the event shortly after my schedule was completed on the first day due to exhaustion. Immediately after the event I was contacted by Cosplaysky for the first time, telling me to remove my post. I ignore the first message due to irritation and exhaustion with the company and within the week I had four more messages asking me to remove my post.

I have been true to my word and deleted said post after nearly 2 weeks of harassment, but I have decided to make this post to let everyone know about this horrible experience. After years of experience with Cosplaysky, I will know longer be continuing with this company. This experience has been horrendous and cost me nothing but pain. In the last year the company has gone from a incredible company with great costumes to a mediocre company with terrible customer service and merchandise that continuously decreases in quality. I will be sharing this experience on multiple forms of social media in order to warn other people about this company. I am sincerely upset with my experience and I hope that this stands as warning to others who wish to order from this company to tread lightly.
I just want to make sure I'm getting things right: They threatened to withhold your cosplay if you didn't remove your post here? I would dispute the payment method, and now. If you still have those emails, I would include that to my payment method (which I have to admit, my method of choice is a very low-limit credit card). Because what they did there is unprofessional on a level I can barely comprehend. And very nearly blackmail or extortion. If they didn't give you some sort of refund, I'd STILL dispute the payment (again, on my credit card it would read "Items delivered not as ordered"). And to be sure, I'll never even look at their website again.
walkerofdarknes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2018, 04:35 PM   #5
Frozen Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueendomCosplay View Post

Wow, thanks for the heads up! This is such a bummer to read as I have been aware of the company since 2016 and also gotten sponsored in 2017, everything went smooth back then and my image of CosplaySky was really good. Your post, however, makes me view them in a different light and with caution from now on. Don't want to get myself into a mess because someone can't take their job seriously.

With that said, thank you for sharing and for keeping the cosplay community updated!

Last edited by Frozen Angel : 08-22-2018 at 04:39 PM.
Frozen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote