Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > InuYasha

Unread 06-25-2015, 10:12 PM   #1
Shana05
Survivor

InuYasha Cosplay

Since The Final Act is airing on CN, maybe there is a resurgence coming? I certainly saw more InuYasha at A-Kon than I've seen the past few years. The old thread is archived so I'm starting a new one.

I want to cosplay Kagome from the Peach Man arc, where she wore InuYasha's jacket like a dress. I was hesitant because I figured it wouldn't be recognizable without an InuYasha with me but I decided to just go ahead with it. My fem!Haru wig works for her anyway.

I also have been seeing the work of Darling Army who makes Wa Lolita versions. I really love the Sesshomaru.

A-Kon: fem!Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Eleven (Stranger Things) - Spyro gijinka (Spyro the Dragon) - Audrey II (Little Shop of Horrors)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2015, 11:30 AM   #2
CharmingDevil
Token Awkward Muffin

I think it would be recognizable. Just make sure to have a bow and arrow with you as well and you're golden! I cosplay as Kagura so I really hope there will be a resurgence of Inuyasha cosplayers as well. It's sad to see the dwindling numbers year after year. On another note, I absolutely adore Darling Army!! I totally have my eyes on a couple pieces. X3

Sakura Con 2018 (ideas):
Kagura - Inuyasha (50%)
Seras - Hellsing Ultimate (0%)
Gin (festival kimono) - Hotarubi no Mori e (0%)
Yoichi - Drifters (0%)
Sasuke - Naruto (100%)

PAX West 2018 (ideas):
Jace - Magic: The Gathering (20%)
Ashley - Until Dawn (80%)
CharmingDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2015, 12:19 PM   #3
Shana05
Survivor

I did see more InuYasha at A-Kon this year, it wasn't a lot but more than I've seen in recent years. I do have a bow from my Merida cosplay but I'll probably need to make a new quiver since hers is very different.

I've also started watching Rumiko's new series, Rin-Ne. Kind of mixes InuYasha's supernatural quest with Ranma's comedic tone. I kind of want to crossplay the title character.

A-Kon: fem!Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Eleven (Stranger Things) - Spyro gijinka (Spyro the Dragon) - Audrey II (Little Shop of Horrors)
Unread 08-28-2015, 11:59 AM   #4
CharmingDevil
Token Awkward Muffin

Hmmm I may have to add Rin-Ne to my anime-I-need-to-watch list. It sounds along the lines of what I usually like to watch. Just did a quick Wiki search of it and it sounds interesting. Good luck with your Kagome btw! I look forward to seeing how it turns out. I haven't seen anyone cosplay that version of her before.

Sakura Con 2018 (ideas):
Kagura - Inuyasha (50%)
Yoichi - Drifters (0%)
Sasuke - Naruto (100%)

PAX West 2018 (ideas):
Unread 10-29-2015, 06:54 PM   #5
Shana05
Survivor

Finally got some red shorts to go underneath. It being so short, I have to wear shorts and I figured them being the same color would be less noticeable if they did peek out.

I think I will be getting the Darling Army Sesshomaru outfit. Hannah's wig works for him. But I'm not sure how to go about shoes in this outfit.

Unread 10-30-2015, 01:10 PM   #6
CharmingDevil
Token Awkward Muffin

Good idea with the red shorts!
And as for shoes for the lolita Sesshomaru, I'd go with tall black boots.
I'm not too well versed in the ways of the lolita but I'd imagine a fem!lolita!Sesshomaru would still have a tomboy-ish look to her.

Sakura Con 2018 (ideas):
Kagura - Inuyasha (50%)
Yoichi - Drifters (0%)
Sasuke - Naruto (100%)

PAX West 2018 (ideas):
Unread 11-26-2015, 05:42 PM   #7
Ouja Akuma
Professional Zelda Nerd

Netflix decided to put the first 2 seasons of Inuyasha on and I finally sat down and watched it and omg I feel like I missed out on so much. Wow. 10 years late but here I am.

I recently cosplayed Koga, he's probably my favorite. And Sesshomaru is next for a con in the summer. And eventually I'll do Naraku and either Ginta or Hakaku lol.

New Cosplays Planned:
Military Nidhogg ; Love Nikki
Ibaraki Douji ; Onmyoji
Ouja Akuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2015, 04:46 PM   #8
CharmingDevil
Token Awkward Muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouja Akuma View Post
Netflix decided to put the first 2 seasons of Inuyasha on and I finally sat down and watched it and omg I feel like I missed out on so much. Wow. 10 years late but here I am.

I recently cosplayed Koga, he's probably my favorite. And Sesshomaru is next for a con in the summer. And eventually I'll do Naraku and either Ginta or Hakaku lol.
2 seasons down, 5 more to go. Not to mention the Final Act and 4 movies lol but yes, better late than never. I've been recently rewatching it for the third time since my husband has never seen it all the way through. He's seen some episodes here and there when it used to air on Adult Swim but that's about it. So you're not alone! If you don't want to wait for Netflix to add the entirety of Inuyasha (which they may or may not do) then www.nwanime.com is a really good site for watching anime for free. They have both dubbed and subbed available (unless the anime was never dubbed of course).

Sakura Con 2018 (ideas):
Kagura - Inuyasha (50%)
Yoichi - Drifters (0%)
Sasuke - Naruto (100%)

PAX West 2018 (ideas):
Unread 11-30-2015, 09:05 PM   #9
Ouja Akuma
Professional Zelda Nerd

I watched the whole series but I couldn't watch the final act because they changed Kagome's voice actor. But I read the manga instead. I WANTED TO SEE INU BABIES.

New Cosplays Planned:
Military Nidhogg ; Love Nikki
Ibaraki Douji ; Onmyoji
Ouja Akuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2016, 07:56 PM   #10
CharmingDevil
Token Awkward Muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouja Akuma View Post
I watched the whole series but I couldn't watch the final act because they changed Kagome's voice actor. But I read the manga instead. I WANTED TO SEE INU BABIES.
Yeah, I couldn't stand Kagome's new voice actress but I trudged through nonetheless. They changed Sesshomaru's voice actor as well but he did a really good job of matching the original, it was really hard to tell sometimes. I heard rumor that a second Inuyasha series is slated for sometime this year but I'm not sure how reliable that information is lol I have no idea how they would make a second series interesting enough to watch unless it's about the second generation... Even then they would need some serious plot twist to make it successful in my opinion.

Sakura Con 2018 (ideas):
Kagura - Inuyasha (50%)
Yoichi - Drifters (0%)
Sasuke - Naruto (100%)

PAX West 2018 (ideas):
Unread 04-06-2018, 01:59 AM   #11
Shana05
Survivor

It's been a long time but I'm remaking Kagome's tojikin outfit. First time I made it, it was too short. This time I used the kendo outfit pattern from McCall's. I made the largest size because if it's too long or big, it can be shortened or taken in easily.

Unread 10-13-2018, 06:11 PM   #12
Shana05
Survivor

I just finished making the tokajin outfit. Except can anyone explain that square of fabric that comes across InuYasha's chest? Since this is InuYasha's jacket, I've been studying his outfit a lot since there's not a lot of good photos of Kagome wearing it.

I probably need to redo the sleeves. I'm going to test this outfit out first but I probably have to draft out a kimono sleeve pattern rather than using the ones from the kendo pattern.