Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 09-26-2013, 01:56 AM   #1
Antifreeze

Brag About Your Accomplishments

So I know that one thing that helps me stay on track with fitness is being able to brag about my fitness progress and goals. Whether they are actual fitness based goals or simple measurements. So I figured we should all come together to post our accomplishments and encourage each other. After all this is something that you do not always get from people around you.

So I will start off, on Tuesday I did a One Rep Max (1RM) for my Standing Overhead Shoulder Press. I was blown away at the fact that I set a new personal record by going 10 lbs over my previous record ^_^. I would was blown away that is for sure.

So what are your records?
Antifreeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-26-2013, 02:25 AM   #2
Masenkohuh
lord of spandex

5 regular + 25 girly pushups... I know it doesn`t sound like much but I`m proud of it, and at my peak fitness I could only do 3 regular pushups max.
WIPS: Guilt Na Zan - Vampire Doll (90% done), Grell Sutcliff- Kuroshitsuji (75% done), Medusa-Soul eater (planning), Belle- Once upon a time (planning)
Masenkohuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #3
Bovice

+105 lbs weighted pull up for 2 reps. I want to 1RM, but the dumbbells don't go any higher than 105 (Don't have a dip belt, so been doing with a dumbbell in between my legs)
Bovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #4
nikkiolie

Body weight bench for 8 reps! I am working on doing 3 sets of 8 at body weight. Though I JUST got a large tattoo on my back so I can't workout for a little bit.

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14
nikkiolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #5
Bovice

Nikkiolie, you are indeed awesome That was a goal of mine back in the day body weight reps for 3 sets 8-10 reps

How long will you be out for?
Unread 09-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #6
Antifreeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masenkohuh View Post
5 regular + 25 girly pushups... I know it doesn`t sound like much but I`m proud of it, and at my peak fitness I could only do 3 regular pushups max.
I remember when I could not even do one pushup. Keep up the good work man. O.o... what do you qualify as girly pushups?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bovice View Post
+105 lbs weighted pull up for 2 reps. I want to 1RM, but the dumbbells don't go any higher than 105 (Don't have a dip belt, so been doing with a dumbbell in between my legs)
O_O Amazing, I need to catch up to you guys. Hopefully I will have one pull up soon. :P you could always try holding to dumbbells :P
Unread 09-26-2013, 07:08 PM   #7
nikkiolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bovice View Post
Nikkiolie, you are indeed awesome That was a goal of mine back in the day body weight reps for 3 sets 8-10 reps

How long will you be out for?
I am hoping it will stop peeling this weekend and I can workout next week. Though I am getting it finished on the 9th so I will be out again for about another week x.x Oh well. It looks great and I am very happy with it

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14
Unread 09-27-2013, 02:11 PM   #8
Diodone
Registered Puppy

I'm not one to brag much and when i do i usually reserve it for facebook, but i do wholeheartedly agree with you antifreeze. People should feel amazing and proud of what they've accomplished so far and let those feelings propel them further on the road of progress. Alright here goes

2.5 years of progress, patience and dedication.

I am on the far right. Man, nothing like having on clothes that are so large in size that i cringe just thinking about it, and yet those clothes were barely containing me haha.

Today, a little over 2 and a half years later

My routine has grown in size over the years of pushing myself to go just a little further each day, so i'll spare you, but i will give this friendly reminder. Weight control, whether it be weight loss or weight gain, is something that is often rushed. You dont have to go far to see this (just look at the fitness section in here filled with people trying to lose an unrealistic amount of weight/gain muscle like a month before a con). And i dont mean to put down anyone's goals here because even i have been guilty of rushing my fitness goals on more than one occasion, but fitness goals, much like most things in life, yield MUCH better and just plain unbelievable results when you take your time and do it right.

i know we all (including myself) just want to reach our target weight RIGHT NOW, but trust me when i say its worth it to do things right. So get out there guys and add patience to that equation of success of yours. it will make all the difference, literally.

Also something that i always enjoy reading, if you guys are willing to indulge me, is this; What has been something you enjoy tremendously so far in your progress that you originally didnt expect to enjoy so much? For me its suits

God, When i'm financially comfortable i'm going to go crazy over suits.

Last edited by Diodone : 09-27-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Diodone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013, 05:26 PM   #9
Bovice

That makes my progress to this point look like shit. Great job and congrats for the lack of loose skin. I've seen many similar transformations where that was an issue
Unread 09-27-2013, 11:06 PM   #10
LadyCrankypants
Lady of House Crankypants

Soooooooo on Sunday, I completed my first half marathon! I'm pretty proud of the fact that I finished, but also determined to do better next time, because I know I could have (not having to work a 12h night shift up until just before might have helped) and it gives me something to strive for

Aaaand tonight I lifted weights (specifically as a workout) for the first time since April! I fell off the wagon in the crunch to get everything together for Ottawa Comiccon, then had to get ready for my summer contract, then was away for my summer contract, and then I was training for a half marathon and didn't want to delay my training with sore muscles. I know I could have fit it in somewhere along the way, but the bottom line is I hit it tonight, and I feel AWESOME (in that spent, slightly sore, oh god I'm going to feel this tomorrow kind of way)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diodone View Post
I'm not one to brag much and when i do i usually reserve it for facebook, but i do wholeheartedly agree with you antifreeze. People should feel amazing and proud of what they've accomplished so far and let those feelings propel them further on the road of progress.
You, sir, are a badass - awesome work!

Works in Progress
Gaige - 75% done (on hold)
Gecko Moria - 90% done, props need to be finished

Completed Costumes - Moxxi|Dr Zed|Robin

The Crankypants Chronicles | Facebook Page | deviantArt
LadyCrankypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #11
Diodone
Registered Puppy

aww shucks

*blushes*. ^_^
Unread 09-29-2013, 10:31 PM   #12
Arbite
Shut up and move!

Landing my backsaults consistently and got a back lever for >3 seconds.
Arbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 09:06 PM   #13
Ciaura
King of Games

My best accomplishment is playing Dance Dance revolution on heavy for 3 hours DDR has been my only source of exercise lately. My legs are getting fitter, but the rest of me is still flabby v.v
Supanova 2010 - Axel, Zexion
Waicon 2011 - Marluxia
Supanova 2011 - Zero Kiryu
Waicon 2012 - Marluxia
Supanova 2012 - Rena Ryuugu
Waicon 2013 - Judal, Jack Frost
Got it memorized?
Ciaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 10:20 PM   #14
Antifreeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaura View Post
My best accomplishment is playing Dance Dance revolution on heavy for 3 hours DDR has been my only source of exercise lately. My legs are getting fitter, but the rest of me is still flabby v.v
XD I remember when I did something like that. That reminds me I need to start DDRing again v.v...

Anyway, your diet will be key in any weight loss you have. DDR + Good diet = not flabby ^_^ Keep it up.
Unread 10-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #15
nikkiolie

I am getting bigger arms! I am slowly getting my body to where I want it to be. I would like to see obvious definition without flexing but this is a good start.

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14