Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 11-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #6631
mmmeggg
I do as I please.

I'm constantly freezing, no matter what I do. Especially my extremeties. My hands and feet never have any warmth. My feet especially. It makes my joints feel incredibly stiff and sore and I hate it. I can be wearing socks and slippers and my feet will still be freezing. I get that my body draws heat from my extremeties first to keep the core of my body warm, but then why is the rest of my body cold too? Total bullshit. I have no body fat to keep me warm aside from a tiny bit on my stomach. Fat lot of good that does me. Pun intended.
Friday: Battle Bunny Riven (League of Legends)
Saturday: Satsuki Kiryuin (Kill La Kill)
Sunday: Lady Two (Drakengard 3)
Monday: Kraehe (Swan Lake variation) (Princess Tutu)

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
I like RoosterTeeth, indie music and poetry, and American Spirit menthols.

Formerly Clementine.
mmmeggg is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #6632
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Can we be "I'm freezing!" buddies? Because it's the same here. I have shitty circulation and thus am constantly cold (Just came back IN from the horrible outdoor winter cold, and wearing my heaviest sweater, winter coat, which goes to almost my knees, thick pants, my snowboots that are rated to -30, thinsulate mitts, a scarf and my hood up and drawn as tight as it goes? I'M STILL FUCKING SHIVERING.). Right now, it's -7 outside with a windchill of -13 (was twice as cold yesterday...). And the landlady doesn't like having the central heat up beyond 21 celcius (I think that's about 71-72 fahrenheit?). I'm USED to it being in the mid-20's in my room because again, constantly cold, and my room here is fucking cold, all the time. It gets no real sunlight and has a bigass single-pane window in the exterior wall and one heating grate in the floor that proves to be nicely inadequate to stay cozy with. Thank god I'm getting a space heater asap

Oh, and my parents are fucking ridiculous with the cold. My Mom's boyfriend doesn't even run the central heat in his house, just a pellet stove, and sits around in bloody shorts, while I've got three blankets and haven't worn anything but my heaviest pyjamas outside my space-heated room as a result. And Mom being Mom, -20 is balmy weather and she'll yell at me for complaining that I'm really fucking cold when she drives with the windows down and the heater off in JANUARY. And she also doesn't centrally heat her house. Just a woodstove and space heaters. So it MIGHT be warm at some times of day, but many other times, it's freezing beyond the kitchen and the bathroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 11-24-2013 at 05:00 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2013, 08:22 PM   #6633
Loveable-Eve
Scene Shop Princess

We should have a group of cold people.
I have to wear a robe to bed and 6 or 7 blankets and I'm still cold.
but according to my doctor I have good circulation.
Unread 11-25-2013, 12:02 AM   #6634
Shana05
Survivor

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about school anymore. I'm pretty sure I'm going to fail Spanish due to all the classes I missed and it's too late to withdraw. I'm confident I'll pass Shakespeare but the final essay is killing me. The idea of it is fun, write on a film adaption of Shakespeare and I chose 10 Things I Hate About You (it was based on Taming of the Shrew if you didn't know). But the essay has to be 10 pages and it's very hard to write that much on anything, no matter how interested I'm in the subject.

A-Kon: fem!Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Eleven (Stranger Things) - Spyro gijinka (Spyro the Dragon) - Audrey II (Little Shop of Horrors)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 12:58 AM   #6635
mmmeggg
I do as I please.

Cold buddies! We can all sit together shivering complaining about the cold!

And Shana05, I know how you feel, I'm almost definitely failing my one class (psychology of abnormal behaviors) and there's nothing I can do about it so I'm gonna have to pay my dad back $170 for the class and my parking pass and I haven't been able to save up any money. I don't know what I'm going to do.
Friday: Battle Bunny Riven (League of Legends)
Saturday: Satsuki Kiryuin (Kill La Kill)
Sunday: Lady Two (Drakengard 3)
Monday: Kraehe (Swan Lake variation) (Princess Tutu)

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
I like RoosterTeeth, indie music and poetry, and American Spirit menthols.

Formerly Clementine.
mmmeggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 03:56 AM   #6636
Khorrupt

I feel like a bitch for no reason.

My friend met this guy in class, and she's telling me all this great stuff about him, like what a great artist he is, how nice he is, how cute he is, etc. I ask what his name is because I'm curious who he is, but when she tells me, I definitely don't know who he is.

She points him out the next day -- and yeah, she's right. He is cute.

Not that I'm a supreme authority, but she knows less than me about flirting or having a non-fandom related conversation with a guy, so I'm trying to help her out: telling her to talk about things he likes rather than things she likes, etc.

She says, "Well, I know one thing he is likes is the band Gorillaz, but I don't really know them..."

I know Gorillaz! I'll educate you!

That night all my friends and I had gone to play laser tag, and so on the way back, she and I are in her car and I'm explaining the back stories (very important if you're not a Gorillaz fan) and showing her various songs.

While one of the videos is loading on my phone, she makes a comment, "I think y'all would get along really well. Seems like you both like all the same stuff." She proceeds to list all the stuff, and it took a solid minute or two. (Think about how many things you can listcos continuously in approximately 90 seconds.) She didn't say it in a way that suggested that she was mad, envious, or accusing me of anything -- it was just an observation. But it makes me feel kind of bad...

...especially because the entire time I'm telling her what to do and what to talk about, I'm thinking that he's actually pretty cute, and after she tells me about all this stuff that we share interests in, it kind of made him a bit more attractive in general, as well. (Not that I'd do anything about it, and furthermore, it's not to say that he'd be interested in me!)

But on goes the education of various facets of things he likes -- which are apparently so similar to things that I like that I'm useful enough to be the sole informant.

Guys, this sucks >.>

To make it worse...it's not really the first time it's happened. Two years ago, I met this guy in one of my classes who was unbelievably attractive (to this day, I'd still say he's the most attractive person I've ever met that's my age.) Initially he looked kind of scary but he struck up a conversation with me one day and he's the exact opposite of scary -- to an extent that I actually thought he might be gay for a while. (Given that he's wildly good-looking, that would be a reasonable assumption.) We also had all the same interests, hobbies, etc...and then he became best friends with my ex-boyfriend and had a crush on one of my friends, and so I was left in the dust, never to really hear from him again.

And now...this. It's a guy I haven't even spoken to but am being "updated on" via my friend, and I'm having to, in no particular words, teach her to like the things that I like so she can impress this guy who seems like a good match for me, not for her. Again -- I'd never "steal" a guy from a friend, especially when it seems like it's going well. Nevertheless, it just really, really sucks and there's nothing I can do about it but suck it up and give her the next "lesson."
Unread 11-25-2013, 10:11 AM   #6637
Kate-chan
red panda extraordinaire

I really hate PMS bloat. I always seem to gain five pounds and it's not just because I get even hungrier than usual. I want to stationary bike at least three times a week but since my sister is home all week and she hates the bike I'm going to have difficulty doing pretty much the only exercise I can do at home when it's cold out (I hate being cold as well).

Also, even though I sent out a payment to my credit card bill (on the day it was due only because it was my parents money and they refused to let me pay it until then because we had to pay the house note the week before) it seems that the automatic payment through my bank account went through. I don't have that money so I overdrew if that happened (last time I checked my bank account I still had money but I'm not risking that shit by spending anything with my card until I find out). I have an LJ sale and someone wanted an item of mine and I really hope the transaction goes through. I need any money I can get.
Unread 11-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #6638
figment1986
Part of Figmentsmedia

Seems my former friend has stolen everything from the (.net) domain, I still have twitter, tumblr, and a few other things I started working on AFTER our friendship... she will not win this fight she started.

Next Major Cons planning to Attend:
Florida Supercon, Megacon Tampa, Holiday Matsuri
figment1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 10:20 PM   #6639
belligerent
Viking Metal

Quote:
Guys, this sucks >.>
You'll be fine. He won't be the last dude who likes things you like. You're still young. You've never even met him, so there's no reason to get hung up on him. There's also no reason to torture yourself by being "sole informant." Point her in the right direction (as in "hey this a great site to go to if you're curious about Gorillaz"), but there's no need to cyrano your de bergerac here, especially if it just causes you distress.
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 03:32 PM   #6640
Viveeh
mango puff

I keep waking up with the tip of my tongue hurting like hell.... It sure is interesting. DX I suppose I munch my tongue in my sleep. I've heard I munch, but why the tongue? It hurts..? DX
Prince Alphie
Harley Quinn

Support me
My Instagram
Viveeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #6641
Shana05
Survivor

Khorrupt: I'm a little confused, are you upset because you can't pursue this guy or that the situation is causing problems with your friend because she thinks you're a better match for him? I could relate to the latter as I had a bit of a falling out with a friend years ago because someone suggested her then-boyfriend had a crush on me. I personally hated the guy so she really had no reason to worry about me stealing him away but that didn't calm her concerns.

But I don't feel I can give advice here as my social (both with love and friends) is a total wreck now.

A-Kon: fem!Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Eleven (Stranger Things) - Spyro gijinka (Spyro the Dragon) - Audrey II (Little Shop of Horrors)
Unread 11-27-2013, 09:58 PM   #6642
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Great, ballet at this new school has aggravated my old tendon injury in my left foot to the point that it had a huge spasm in class and made me fall the hell over, and didn't go away quickly at all (I got it in the last twenty minutes of class, so I spent the rest of it trying to only work my right leg/foot). Now I need to go find an OHIP-covered sports medicine doctor, because I can't just put up with it anymore. I used to just get occasional twinges or cramps if I was being too strenuous with my foot, but Vaganova ballet involves so much more pointing and curling my toes that it's hurting every single damn class. I'm not going to a GP for the problem, they'd probably just tell me not to dance anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #6643
Shana05
Survivor

People, if you have a personal issue with me kindly take it up with me privately. DO NOT make a insulting post about me on Tumblr when you know for a fact I'm going to see it. Just because you don't name names doesn't make it any less stressful when I know for a fact it's about me. "It's my personal blog" isn't an excuse because anyone with an internet connection can read it. This isn't some person telling you what kind fandoms you can post, it's a person not wanting their personal issues spread on Tumblr. By doing this you're only causing more drama and involving more people in something that could be nipped in the bud in a private conversation.

This rant isn't about one person, it's about a trend in behavior I've been seeing lately. Not everything should be public, and if you posted something about someone publicly that they are not okay with being public then you should at least have the decency to take the posts down.

Unread 11-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #6644
figment1986
Part of Figmentsmedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
People, if you have a personal issue with me kindly take it up with me privately. DO NOT make a insulting post about me on Tumblr when you know for a fact I'm going to see it. Just because you don't name names doesn't make it any less stressful when I know for a fact it's about me. "It's my personal blog" isn't an excuse because anyone with an internet connection can read it. This isn't some person telling you what kind fandoms you can post, it's a person not wanting their personal issues spread on Tumblr. By doing this you're only causing more drama and involving more people in something that could be nipped in the bud in a private conversation.

This rant isn't about one person, it's about a trend in behavior I've been seeing lately. Not everything should be public, and if you posted something about someone publicly that they are not okay with being public then you should at least have the decency to take the posts down.
Amen, sadly while I redract and remove my stuff on deviantart... my ex friend refuses to realize what shes said on various social media platforms which has led me to being scared from friends of hers threatening my moms and my lifes with guns and not realizing her posts can get her fired from her job... im tired of the lies and defimation.

Next Major Cons planning to Attend:
Florida Supercon, Megacon Tampa, Holiday Matsuri
figment1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2013, 12:08 AM   #6645
Kate-chan
red panda extraordinaire

So frustrated with Arda. I got on checkout at 1 AM on the dot and applied a 30% off code. It applied. Then I had to add my credit card info because Arda doesn't save your payment options. When I clicked on it after entering that info I get the error message that the code is invalid. I just used the 15% off because hey, discount. UGH