Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Unread 08-17-2014, 02:44 AM   #1
SaphireFlamesx
Kara Renee

Where can I order my cosplay from?

Is cosplay-fu--.com (minus the hyphens.) a trustworthy site to order from? I've ordered from them and got what I wanted but I've never ordered a cosplay from them, just wigs and accessories. Did you order from them? Was the cosplay quality good or bad? Do you have any recommendations for sites to order from?

I have no sewing skills and money doesn't come from my arse so I can't afford to buy tons of fabric. Plus it'd be a waste of time and money making a cosplay that's May or May not turn to shit (99.9% of the cosplay I'd make would turn to shit if I were to try in my case.)

Unread 08-17-2014, 01:19 PM   #2
Synaster

Not the right forum for this. You want a review forum, but I did find this for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randommerade View Post
I've heard mixed reviews about Hello Cosplay. It's pretty much a hit or miss site. I recommend Cosplay Fu, my friend bought a cosplay from there and it was well made... eBay isn't a bad place to buy cosplay either if you know who you're buying from, here's a Tumblr blog that shows a bunch of reviews (mostly eBay, but other Chinese sites too)

Also here's a list of sites to stay away from. It's aimed towards lolita wear but there's cosplay sites on it too.
Synaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2014, 02:17 PM   #3
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Just so you are aware, just about every china cosplay seller will be the same basic thing..There are one of of bunches that are good, like take MoeMall for example, out of maybe 50, they would be the one that's better, then there are like a few others at best..But FU is the same as any other normal china sweatshop cosplay seller. They make a bunch, grab them pack them and ship them. They give you a "process time" so that you can't do anything if they take a while to ship it. Their quality is also costume quality..it won't be nothing fancy, but it shouldn't be complete crap either. None of those places use any fabric that SHOULD be used..They made almost every single item out of shitty vinyl and/or their polyester crapshot fabric that no one in their right mind would use on anything..They also use this stuff so that they can charge less and still call it a "costume" It's a fabric you'd use for a one shot halloween costume, which they can argue "it's a costume, go to a store they have similar fabrics" making it so you can't complain.
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
JasonTerror is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2014, 04:41 PM   #4
Synaster

Ohhh... I forgot to mention- try Amazon too, but don't forget to check their rating and customer comments. One such cosplay company, TaoBao, goes under the name of TaoBaoPit. I've only gotten wigs from them, but the wigs are pretty good for being cheap.
Synaster is offline   Reply With Quote