Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Unread 11-23-2008, 01:06 AM   #1
Hokutoboi

Valkyria Chronicles Cosplay

Hey I'm Kinda new to Cosplay so I figured I might as well start on the most ridiculously difficult cosplay I could find. so does anyone know how I would go about making Maximillians armor?
http://www.sega.com/valkyria/common/W12_1280_1024.jpg
thanks to anyone who takes the time to look!
Hokutoboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2008, 03:53 PM   #2
UsagiNoSenshi
Dance Commander!

@_@ Maximilian is crazy

My group is planing a fairly large Valkyria group of Alicia, Zaka, Cpt. Varrot, Selvaria, and possibly a Maximilian.
Sumire - Sakura Taisen
Sayaka - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Kaidan Alenko - Mass Effect 3
Ashe - LoL
UsagiNoSenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2008, 03:35 PM   #3
Eureka_Jedi
Jedi Reloaded

This is my next cosplay project, as I love this game, I can't stop playing it. As for you doing your costume on Maxmilian, I would suggest starting your costume research at a renaissance festival as you might be able to at the least get some ideas on how to make it, if not find some of the harder to make parts of the costume.

And UsagiNoSenshi, I must ask, what cons are you and your group going to be cosplaying VC characters at?
Eureka_Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2008, 04:07 PM   #4
UsagiNoSenshi
Dance Commander!

Hopefully most of us will be done for Otakon.
Sumire - Sakura Taisen
Sayaka - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Kaidan Alenko - Mass Effect 3
Ashe - LoL
UsagiNoSenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2008, 10:39 AM   #5
Kenmichi
Death by photograph.

My friends and I are thinking about doing a group Valkyria cosplay, if I push on my friends enough perhaps we can be done for Otakon as well.

My friends have all told me if I were to cosplay from Valkyria Chronicles it would have to be Welkin. I told them that's not a good idea because that would be a good excuse for me to build a tank...
Unread 12-10-2008, 05:33 PM   #6
Eureka_Jedi
Jedi Reloaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenmichi View Post
My friends and I are thinking about doing a group Valkyria cosplay, if I push on my friends enough perhaps we can be done for Otakon as well.

My friends have all told me if I were to cosplay from Valkyria Chronicles it would have to be Welkin. I told them that's not a good idea because that would be a good excuse for me to build a tank...
In that case, you might want to start looking for big cardboard boxes.
w: http://www.mtac.net/
w: http://www.geekmediaexpo.com
Unread 12-15-2008, 02:41 AM   #7
Hokutoboi

LOL I was talking about my friends about that too. Make sure your car has a sunroof so you can come out the top hatch to give orders. ^^
Hokutoboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2008, 12:24 AM   #8
Kenmichi
Death by photograph.

I never thought of that. Rent a blue car, construct a main cannon for it... Haha
Unread 12-22-2008, 10:21 AM   #9
Lorien

Wow, I wish you luck @__@
As far as materials and stuff go, you may want to look at craft foam, cardboard, styrene, etc as viable options. Anything that can make those ripples.

You'll also want to look up Armour tutorials, by Amythest Angel for starters. The Tutorial List thread will also help you massively here. Don't discount the threads for specific characters either, techniques from all over can help no matter who the costume was for.

It also looks more like Tassel on his shoulder guards (Pauldrons?), so pay attention to stuff like that where it may not be 'fixed' or 'static' non-moving armour pieces.
Lorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2008, 03:42 PM   #10
Eureka_Jedi
Jedi Reloaded

You also might want to talk with the local police about how to keep things within the law, last thing you need is them pulling you over just to find out what they thought was a real tank is just styrofoam and cardboard.
w: http://www.mtac.net/
w: http://www.geekmediaexpo.com
Unread 12-29-2008, 08:26 PM   #11
ExileDreamer

nice to see people liking Valkyria Chronicles.. I've convinced most of my friends to cosplay as part of the Gallian army.. but not 7th squad.. because this is my first cosplay attempt and my friends are relatively new to cosplaying. we have 4/5 classes. Lancer, Shocktrooper, Scout, and I'm the engineer.. I really don't know how to start this project. We've gotten together to coordinate the fabric and color of the uniforms so we're on the same page on the color blue so we don't go as different shades of blue.. But thats about it so far lol sorry for being such a newb...
ExileDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2009, 05:34 PM   #12
mikcy
subject zero

I really want to cosplay Rosie. She is awesome <3

cosplays 2013
♫c.viper (street fighter iv) → jack (mass effect 3) → elsa (frozen) → morrigan (dragon age: inquisition) ♫

tumblrfb
mikcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2009, 08:52 PM   #13
Elderberry

Yay Valkyria~ =D I'm not much of a gamer myself but my boyfriend pre-ordered the game and over Thanksgiving break I was like "woAh pretty everything on the screen O.O" (can't wait to visit him once break ends so I can marathon the rest of the cutscenes XD XD *gets killed by cosplayers who actually play the games*).

That being said, I haven't really considered cosplaying anything from it yet because I already have so many other outfits to work on; hopefully I'll make it to Otakon so I can see some of you guys, though.
Shimizu Megumi (Shiki) Red & Black Outfit

Upcoming conventions:
Otakon '11 (~!!)
Elderberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2009, 12:26 PM   #14
solowing

Yay! i was waiting for someone to start cosplaying as these characters. most of the uniforms in general are pretty intricate, but some are easier than others. I plan on just making a Gallian officer uniform, and from there decide whether id ratherr be zaka or welkin. i think i could pull either of them off.

by the way, what would anyone suggest i start the uniform out of? i thought about just a set of bdu pants and shirt and just dying i t the right color, but im unsure at the moment. and all of those red lines and armor would be tough!

Last edited by Michi : 01-16-2009 at 12:42 AM. Reason: merging a double post
solowing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2009, 05:30 PM   #15
RubyEclipse

Very cool stuff, can't wait to see what you guys can pull off! I found a video of some cosplay here (Starts at about 1:50 and includes all the main characters, including Selvaria):

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/LNb3968pUiE/?f=i1

This may sound random, but I am actually the community lead at SEGA for Valkyria Chronicles, and we're going to be sponsoring some cosplay at the upcoming New York Comic-con event next month. If any of you are in the area and have a Valkyria Costume, find me at the SEGA Booth and I'll hook you up with one of the limited edition Valkyria Chronicles art books.

We have at least 5-10 of the art books, and will give them out on a first-come basis. Good luck with all of your costumes and hope to see a few of you next month!
RubyEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote