Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Unread 03-19-2017, 05:37 AM   #1
djosepaci
beginner

Red face Cosplay advice for HL2 Metrocop?

Hey guys and gals, I'm new to this cosplay stuff and all but I find it awesome: so awesome that I decided to make a cosplay and show it off at a regional con next year!

The thing is, I'd like to cosplay as the Metrocop enemy from the famous game Half-Life 3- uh... I mean 2 (see references one and two) but I can only get to a point.

For the costume, I was thinking of mask myself by Pepakura (I already found a Pepakura file on the Internet, I just need to print it, fold it and reinforce it), a pair of combat boots and a pair of tracksuit pants (though I'm not entirely sure) with a rather dark-green color (I can paint the white line myself) for the pants.

Here's the problems, now: while I got a solid idea for the most part, I don't know what to get for the two belts in the pictures, the jacket-ish thing and the upper-chest kevlar vest, along with the backplate for the gas mask, as I don't have enough skills or funds to make it myself (not saying that you should do it for me in this case, but helpful advice as simple homemade ideas would be greatly appreciated).

I'm also posting this because I had a rather cool (at least so in my books) idea: use some kind of voice changer to make it sound more robotic in real time. Though I'm having a hard time finding out how it's called so I can't really find a cheap one to purchase.

Thank you for reading!
djosepaci is offline   Reply With Quote