Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Expo

View Poll Results: Day and general time of meet?
Day 1 morning 0 0%
Day 1 evening 0 0%
Day 3 morning 5 83.33%
Day 3 evening 2 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 11-21-2011, 01:13 PM   #1
HidingintheMist
A lion still has claws
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,475
AX 2012 Quadsuit meet?

Now, this won't be an actual gathering(unless someone wants to take over and make it so), but I'm curious as to if theres anyone considering wearing a quadsuit to AX this year?

I'm going to very likely debut my Amaterasu(Okami) quadsuit, and I'd love to get some pictures with others if possible. I'm thinking a morning meet would be best, so we don't overheat too quickly, though we could also do it in the late afternoon/evening. Whatever is more convenient for everyone.

Anyone up for this?

We'd love to have some non-suiters to assist us as well if at all possible. To tell us how to pose, shots, etc. We obviously would have a difficult time doing it on our own.


Edit: Fursuiters are very welcome to attend as well.


Date: Sunday July 1, 2012 (Day 3)
Time: 10:00AM - 12:00PM
Location: West Hall(tentative)

Attendees: 5

• Hidinginthemist- Amaterasu (Okami) Quadsuit
• shadowdragon13 - Furry Allen Walker (D Gray Man) or DragonFursuit
• Kazukii (maybe)- Druid Bear Quadsuit
• DarkReshiram (maybe)- kyuubi (Naruto) Quadsuit
• Rizafan203 - Partial Fursuit or Photographer

Last edited by HidingintheMist : 01-25-2012 at 10:56 AM.
HidingintheMist is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 11-22-2011, 12:09 AM   #2
shadowdragon13
Dont mess with the Dragon
 
shadowdragon13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,180
Aww man, I'm not planning to make my Kyubimon quadsuit until 2013. But it's not like I can't hang around in my fursuit. :3
__________________
Anime California plans
Pricilla (Fire Emblem Rekka no Ken) - 10%
Dr. Francis Stein (genderbent Stein from Soul Eater) - 0%
Liza (Pokemon R/S/E) - 100%

2014 Cons: Anime California, Comikaze (maybe), Bent Con (maybe), Nuke the Fridge con.
shadowdragon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2011, 10:08 AM   #3
HidingintheMist
A lion still has claws
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowdragon13 View Post
Aww man, I'm not planning to make my Kyubimon quadsuit until 2013. But it's not like I can't hang around in my fursuit. :3
Fursuits are most welcome as well.

We can always do a 2013 meet as well. My friend will hopefully have her Epona quad done by then.
HidingintheMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2011, 11:11 PM   #4
shadowdragon13
Dont mess with the Dragon
 
shadowdragon13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by HidingintheMist View Post
Fursuits are most welcome as well.

We can always do a 2013 meet as well. My friend will hopefully have her Epona quad done by then.
That'll be awesome.
__________________
Anime California plans
Pricilla (Fire Emblem Rekka no Ken) - 10%
Dr. Francis Stein (genderbent Stein from Soul Eater) - 0%
Liza (Pokemon R/S/E) - 100%

2014 Cons: Anime California, Comikaze (maybe), Bent Con (maybe), Nuke the Fridge con.
shadowdragon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2011, 11:48 PM   #5
HidingintheMist
A lion still has claws
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowdragon13 View Post
That'll be awesome.
Hopefully! This year is my first year making a suit, so I'm hoping it'll turn out well. I'm going to the store to get resin for the eyes hopefully by the end of next week at the latest, then Home Depot for PVC, foam, and a bunch of other things. I was thinking Fimo Clay or sculpy for the teeth, gums, tongue, and nose. >w< I'm a perfectionist, so hopefully it'll turn out well.

We should meet up though this year. :3
HidingintheMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2011, 03:25 AM   #6
shadowdragon13
Dont mess with the Dragon
 
shadowdragon13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by HidingintheMist View Post
Hopefully! This year is my first year making a suit, so I'm hoping it'll turn out well. I'm going to the store to get resin for the eyes hopefully by the end of next week at the latest, then Home Depot for PVC, foam, and a bunch of other things. I was thinking Fimo Clay or sculpy for the teeth, gums, tongue, and nose. >w< I'm a perfectionist, so hopefully it'll turn out well.

We should meet up though this year. :3
Sculpty's good for a lot of stuff. It's recommend by a lot of professional fursuit builders. It sounds like you'll have a lot to do over the year. Now I want to make Kyubimon for next AX instead of 2013. But most likely it's not going to happen due to lack of funds and time. It would most likely be my most expencive costume ever. XD Oh well, I want to show off my current fursuit some more anyway, cuz he's so cute. :3

Are you going to ALA? We can do a meeting there.
__________________
Anime California plans
Pricilla (Fire Emblem Rekka no Ken) - 10%
Dr. Francis Stein (genderbent Stein from Soul Eater) - 0%
Liza (Pokemon R/S/E) - 100%

2014 Cons: Anime California, Comikaze (maybe), Bent Con (maybe), Nuke the Fridge con.
shadowdragon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2011, 03:57 AM   #7
Kazukii
Nyaa
 
Kazukii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,293
Depending on our funds for this con I may be taking a quad. :>
__________________
Finished:
Kuro Neko / Macha / Akamaru / Harima Kenji / Ninetales / Shippou / Jubei
Luxray [ Gij. Pkmn ] / Toshirou Hitsugaya / Izuru Kira / Ggio / Silver


Commissions @
Anisazi Costuming
Kazukii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2011, 10:41 AM   #8
HidingintheMist
A lion still has claws
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowdragon13 View Post
Sculpty's good for a lot of stuff. It's recommend by a lot of professional fursuit builders. It sounds like you'll have a lot to do over the year. Now I want to make Kyubimon for next AX instead of 2013. But most likely it's not going to happen due to lack of funds and time. It would most likely be my most expencive costume ever. XD Oh well, I want to show off my current fursuit some more anyway, cuz he's so cute. :3

Are you going to ALA? We can do a meeting there.
Funding isn't a huge problem for me at the moment with my suit if I cut off a few other planned cosplays that weren't my biggest priority anyway. The resin and molds for the eyes shipped this morning, so I can officially start next week.

I was going to go to ALA, but then me and the friend I was going with decided not to go. We have cosplays to work on if we want to get them done so we had to prioritize. We're for sure going in 2013 though.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazukii View Post
Depending on our funds for this con I may be taking a quad. :>
I'd love to see it if you do.
HidingintheMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2011, 11:52 PM   #9
DarkReshiram
A.k.a bluecrescentcosplay
 
DarkReshiram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by HidingintheMist View Post
Now, this won't be an actual gathering(unless someone wants to take over and make it so), but I'm curious as to if theres anyone considering wearing a quadsuit to AX this year?

I'm going to very likely debut my Amaterasu(Okami) quadsuit, and I'd love to get some pictures with others if possible. I'm thinking a morning meet would be best, so we don't overheat too quickly, though we could also do it in the late afternoon/evening. Whatever is more convenient for everyone.

Anyone up for this?

Edit: Fursuiters are very welcome to attend as well.


Attendees:

• Hidinginthemist- Amaterasu (Okami) Quadsuit
• shadowdragon13 - Furry Allen Walker (D Gray Man) Fursuit
• Kazukii (maybe) Quadsuit
Ok, place me as a maybe, I might go! If I do, I'm going in a kyuubi quadsuit.....the best chances are either Saturday or Sunday morning then. But to be honest, my kyuubi will have 3 fans in the head. So I'm fine anytime. I'll post another reply when I get more detail.
__________________
kyuubi 100% finished (on sale January 30,2013)
kyuubi quadsuit V2 7%
gobi quadsuit 2%
Tzuki fullsuit 1%
Toshiko fullsuit 1%
will be selling premade fursuit heads!,
Out thoughts are out wings and our dreams are our flight. We are all one, and nothing can divide us.
DarkReshiram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 12:21 AM   #10
HidingintheMist
A lion still has claws
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReshiram View Post
Ok, place me as a maybe, I might go! If I do, I'm going in a kyuubi quadsuit.....the best chances are either Saturday or Sunday morning then. But to be honest, my kyuubi will have 3 fans in the head. So I'm fine anytime. I'll post another reply when I get more detail.
Added to the list.

I'm thinking probably Sunday would be best, considering the large amount of Saturday gatherings and meets.
HidingintheMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 09:23 AM   #11
DarkReshiram
A.k.a bluecrescentcosplay
 
DarkReshiram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by HidingintheMist View Post
Added to the list.

I'm thinking probably Sunday would be best, considering the large amount of Saturday gatherings and meets.
Thank you! Ok then, Sunday is great!
__________________
kyuubi 100% finished (on sale January 30,2013)
kyuubi quadsuit V2 7%
gobi quadsuit 2%
Tzuki fullsuit 1%
Toshiko fullsuit 1%
will be selling premade fursuit heads!,
Out thoughts are out wings and our dreams are our flight. We are all one, and nothing can divide us.
DarkReshiram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 09:38 AM   #12
DarkReshiram
A.k.a bluecrescentcosplay
 
DarkReshiram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by HidingintheMist View Post
Added to the list.

I'm thinking probably Sunday would be best, considering the large amount of Saturday gatherings and meets.
By morning though what time?
Also, if you need any help I'll try my best to help!
__________________
kyuubi 100% finished (on sale January 30,2013)
kyuubi quadsuit V2 7%
gobi quadsuit 2%
Tzuki fullsuit 1%
Toshiko fullsuit 1%
will be selling premade fursuit heads!,
Out thoughts are out wings and our dreams are our flight. We are all one, and nothing can divide us.
DarkReshiram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 10:12 AM   #13
HidingintheMist
A lion still has claws
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReshiram View Post
By morning though what time?
Also, if you need any help I'll try my best to help!
We'll have to wait for time until the convention gets closer. We still have eight months till the con.

Some people may want to attend other gathering and meets as well. We don't want those schedules to conflict, do we?

As for helping out, I don't think we need that much help. Its not like its going to be a HUGE meet, and I have my guides if we need someone to organize pictures and times for each shot.
HidingintheMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 01:19 AM   #14
shadowdragon13
Dont mess with the Dragon
 
shadowdragon13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,180
Hopefully the DGM gathering's on Sunday too.
__________________
Anime California plans
Pricilla (Fire Emblem Rekka no Ken) - 10%
Dr. Francis Stein (genderbent Stein from Soul Eater) - 0%
Liza (Pokemon R/S/E) - 100%

2014 Cons: Anime California, Comikaze (maybe), Bent Con (maybe), Nuke the Fridge con.
shadowdragon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 10:28 AM   #15
HidingintheMist
A lion still has claws
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowdragon13 View Post
Hopefully the DGM gathering's on Sunday too.
If it isn't and thats a problem we can always fix around scheduling. I know I'll be wearing Ammy part of Friday, and Sunday.
HidingintheMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.