Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 03-17-2018, 01:06 PM   #1
Emi Hana
Kimono - Kimono - Kimono

I've been told so many conflicting things...

Okay, this has been confusing me for awhile, and I'd figure that the gurus on this site can help. For awhile, I've noticed that I have been losing inches off my body before losing pounds. I'm sure this isn't new, but I keep getting told various things.

Some of them include...
  1. I've hit a plateau.
  2. I'm just at the point where inches need to be shed before pounds.

I lose maybe 1 - 2 Pounds every 2 - 3 weeks, and I have changed my diet and exercised more often. I've noticed that I have lost inches, but I again, I just don't know if it's the plateau or if I've just come to a point where I have lose more inches before weight.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Emi Hana : 03-17-2018 at 01:09 PM.
Emi Hana is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-20-2018, 07:26 AM   #2
Angel Tear
Sugar Snow

I always thought it was just a case of losing fat and gaining muscle, which is denser and therefore heavier than fat. So you're burning through that fat and losing the inches, but the weight is being retained by you building up muscle.

That's the most common reason for the scales not reading any differently from what I've seen.
Angel Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2018, 10:10 AM   #3
my_dark
really should be sewing~

Everyone loses weight at different rates and it's based on a lot of factors including age, gender, size, and many more (https://www.livestrong.com/article/4...-a-treadmill/).

Like Angel Tear mentioned, you could be building muscle and losing fat. This can cause positive changes in the body without the scale moving at all. Your body could be adapting to what you're doing (hitting a plateau). But as long as you're noticing positive changes in your body, you're probably on the right track. If you stop noticing any progress, that's when you can reassess your current diet/exercise routine.
Unread 03-27-2018, 09:06 AM   #4
Kingin

Yeah, inches are easier to track because muscle weighs more than fat. So you can get easily discouraged if your just looking at weight. U have a water retention problem sometimes, and my weight can fluctuate 2 or 3 pounds whicheck a couple pounds is normal.
That's why I've been using my gym's scale, because it shows body fat and muscle mass which I'm focusing on more. Hope it helps
Kingin is offline   Reply With Quote