Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 04-02-2018, 09:36 PM   #1
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Another rip off site: EZCosplay..Go figure..

The EZ (which means Easy) in EZCosplay probably means "easy to lie and rip off our costumers who"Cosplay. Becasue it seems that's what they are good at. All these places are the same. I've bought 7 cosplays now, and all 7 were literal trash. Not just "oh it looks kinda bad"..No..Literal actual unwearable garbage that no one should have to pay money for. This is by far the WORST one. 100% of the cosplay is completely different from the site. Nothing on it at ALL matches the site.
I didn't have a problem with their timing or customer service. That was the front to make them seem like good people so you'd trust them and pay them money for their garbage, that I wouldn't even bother to take from them for FREE..

Here'a an album showing how badly they fucked up. I threatened them with legal action. We'll see how it goes.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/JeiCosCo...42480612605692
-Created Character [SAO Hollow Realization]
-Cloud [Dissidia Final Fantasy]
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-03-2018, 04:04 PM   #2
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Here's an update....Wow this place is horrible. I have never been so angry with one of these places.
So they said the reason it looks different than the images was "we got a new dressmaker who makes it different".
Bitch I didn't pay for different, I paid for what you picture on the fucking website! If you aren't going to make it to look the same as the images on your site, then don't use those images. This isn't rocket science or something..
Then the pieces of human trash only want to give me $40 now. They think that's acceptable? How dare they treat people this way. Originally they wanted to give me only 30%, which is $42, so basically their only offer is about $40. On a cosplay $100 more expensive than that (the cosplay was $139.99), and that's not including shipping.

Basically they are saying "you don't deserve to be sent the item you paid for. Customers are not important to us in the slightest. Your happiness with your purchase means nothing to us".

These are horrible people, and they deserve to be shut down and arrested for what they do, seeing as what they have already done is illegal in the first place. If you do not send me the item I paid for, then refuse to fix the problem, that's ripping customers off, and is illegal.
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]
Unread 04-04-2018, 05:00 AM   #3
walkerofdarknes

I sincerely hope you paid with a credit card, and if you did, file a claim on this transaction NOW. It also hurts, but it is good to know there's another "avoid" site out there?
walkerofdarknes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2018, 04:37 PM   #4
Asmaria
The Ruby Knight Julius

Wow, thanks for sharing. I've been looking for a place that sells the P5 costumes and would have considered them, but that's ridiculous!

I agree, file a claim on your credit card if you can.

Future cons:
A-kon
SnK - Erwin Smith
P5 - Ryuji Sakamoto, Skull
.hack//IMOQ - Elk
P4 - Dojima
BNHA - Denki (Hero), Iida (Hero)

Animefest - TBD
San Japan - Probably P5
Asmaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2018, 01:48 AM   #5
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Thanks. I did end up filing with paypal (which is how I paid, via Paypal funds). I called them and they ended up opening a dispute and said they have 21 days to reply, and if nothing happens I can change it to a claim at that point (or if they continue try screwing me over, like the 40% refund thing). Today it paypal escalated it to a claim. No idea why, but whatever, I won't complain about that. They have 10 days now to respond.
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]
Unread 04-05-2018, 11:04 AM   #6
Asmaria
The Ruby Knight Julius

Wow, that's pretty fast for Paypal, maybe it's already happened with that shop before. If that's the case you probably will get your money back soon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Future cons:
A-kon
SnK - Erwin Smith
P5 - Ryuji Sakamoto, Skull
.hack//IMOQ - Elk
P4 - Dojima
BNHA - Denki (Hero), Iida (Hero)

Animefest - TBD
San Japan - Probably P5
Asmaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2018, 07:32 PM   #7
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Small update. So last night I got an email from EZCosplay (most likely because they saw the claim), and they stated that they will refund me within the week. An email is a legal binding contract. They are now legally required to follow through with that.

EDIT: Final update. They responded to paypal with a proposal to refund the full amount of the costume part. I accepted and it's over with now. It's sad that I had to go that far just to NOT be ripped off..
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]

Last edited by Jei-Cos : 04-05-2018 at 10:11 PM.