Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Unread 04-15-2018, 12:11 PM   #1
Emi Hana
Kimono - Kimono - Kimono

Magical Girl Cosplay Ideas?

Okay, I have been on a Madoka Magica kick, and I've been wanting to do a pseudo-ambitious project: myself as a Magical Girl.

However, I have 3 options, and I'm a beginner. So with this aside, let me get to the point...

1. Battle Outfit - My battle outfit consists of a Kimono Top, a pair of Gym Capris, an Obi, Ballet Flats, my Soul Gem on the center of my forehead - like a Bindi, and my Kiseru weapon. Commission is fine, but it will be very expenisve and I'm on a limited budget.
  2. Yukata & Soul Gem Ring - I have the Yukata Fabric that I can get tailored, but the main issue is the Soul Gem Ring. I originally commissioned a Soul Gem Ring a couple of years ago, but now that I've lost so much weight, the ring no longer fits my ring finger. I can, depending on my budget, buy a silver chain and adjust wear the Soul Gem "Ring" as a necklace, but from the Anime and Manga, most Magical Girls wear their Soul Gem as a ring.
  3. Casual Clothes & Soul Gem - I would have to commission an actual Soul Gem - I have found an artist that will do that - and then I can just dress up like an tourist. Then again, nobody would reconize me as a Magical Girl.
So, any advice or ideas to help me decide...?

Unread 04-15-2018, 12:52 PM   #2
BritAurora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi Hana View Post
Okay, I have been on a Madoka Magica kick, and I've been wanting to do a pseudo-ambitious project: myself as a Magical Girl.

However, I have 3 options, and I'm a beginner. So with this aside, let me get to the point...

1. Battle Outfit - My battle outfit consists of a Kimono Top, a pair of Gym Capris, an Obi, Ballet Flats, my Soul Gem on the center of my forehead - like a Bindi, and my Kiseru weapon. Commission is fine, but it will be very expenisve and I'm on a limited budget.
  2. Yukata & Soul Gem Ring - I have the Yukata Fabric that I can get tailored, but the main issue is the Soul Gem Ring. I originally commissioned a Soul Gem Ring a couple of years ago, but now that I've lost so much weight, the ring no longer fits my ring finger. I can, depending on my budget, buy a silver chain and adjust wear the Soul Gem "Ring" as a necklace, but from the Anime and Manga, most Magical Girls wear their Soul Gem as a ring.
  3. Casual Clothes & Soul Gem - I would have to commission an actual Soul Gem - I have found an artist that will do that - and then I can just dress up like an tourist. Then again, nobody would reconize me as a Magical Girl.
So, any advice or ideas to help me decide...?
I like all of your concepts they are very creative. For concept 3 would you conscider wearing the school uniform that the girls have in madoka majica. You could probably find those uniforms pretty easily since they are worn by multiple characters in the show
BritAurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2018, 01:18 PM   #3
Celeste_Orchid
A Flower Found in Space

Red face

I like the idea of #2 since magical girls came from Japan. But I also think that if its a ring it reminds me more of Revolutionary Girl Utena. When you say soul gem it also reminds me of Steven Universe's gems. But those are on their forehead (mostly) so maybe you can place it there like Arjuna or like Sailor Moon tiaras.

A sailor fuku or school outfit is usually a good magical girl style. You could use that as a base and then jazz it up. Maybe try going to a Goodwill and find some stuff to alter
Celeste_Orchid is offline   Reply With Quote