Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Photographer's Marketplace

Unread 04-15-2018, 06:54 PM   #1
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Looking To Buy Used Gimbal.

I know it's a long shot since this site is basically dead, but I've run out of ideas or places to go. I'm looking for a gimbal that can be used with a DSLR. The camera is a Nikon d3400. Traditional stabilizers like Glidecam and so on, are too large to fit in my bag, so I'm forced to carry it in my hand 24/7, meaning when I cosplay, I can not take it with me.

I'm looking for what I believe is a 3-axis gimbal. The kind that has a motor in it. It doesn't have to be the best out there, it just has to work for the kind of camera I have. My cameras weight is 22.8oz with the lens and battery. I'm looking here in hopes that someone will have an old used one they don't want anymore and are willing to part with for fairly cheap. I don't have a price range in mind right now, but I know there are some on amazon that are new in box, that are between 300-400 bucks. So if you are willing to go lower than that, that's be great.

For reference, something like this is that I'm after:
https://www.scandinavianphoto.se/img...jpg?width=1024
-Created Character [SAO Hollow Realization]
-Cloud [Dissidia Final Fantasy]
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-04-2018, 03:17 PM   #2
walkerofdarknes

While I don't have a used gimbal, I'd point out that with Sears going out of business, you might check into IF they had a photo studio there. When places like that go out of business, it comes under the heading of EVERYTHING MUST GO. So they'd either have the equipment itself for sale (usually done by a bidding/auction) or you might find they have some accessories on the cheap.
walkerofdarknes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2018, 08:57 PM   #3
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerofdarknes View Post
While I don't have a used gimbal, I'd point out that with Sears going out of business, you might check into IF they had a photo studio there. When places like that go out of business, it comes under the heading of EVERYTHING MUST GO. So they'd either have the equipment itself for sale (usually done by a bidding/auction) or you might find they have some accessories on the cheap.
Thanks for that, but sadly not an option. Sears storefronts (idk about online, but that isn't gonna make any difference) don't carry Gimbals. In fact, every camera equipment store I've ever talked with does not carry them. They're basically online only items.
I'm also assuming you mean the photo studio as in where they take photos for your family when you come in and pay them for photos? If you do, I don't know which ones you've been to, but none of those places have ever used gimbals. They use an expensive camera on a tripod..Gimbals are strictly for video..Completely useless in a photo studio.
-Created Character [SAO Hollow Realization]
-Cloud [Dissidia Final Fantasy]
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote