Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 04-16-2018, 12:44 PM   #79456
Chiagirl
Sheena Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelx624 View Post
Yup, sounds like they are lying through their teeth. They claim to have sent photos yet you have not received them?? Then they never sent photos in the first place. Did you also know about the terms in said invoice?? About how it was non-refundable? If not, then that is another lie.

Sounds like they are nothing but a scam. Who are these "other customers" they had??? Who knows they aren't paying people to act as customers to make them look good?? Or these so-called "customers" could be friends of theirs and so of course they put them first.

I don't know, but I would never commission whoever this is for anything. They sound mighty flaky and a scammer to boot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I might go ahead and start Aurora/Briar Rose soon and worry about the yukata when I need to. Thing is I need a wider variety of choices/characters for my upcoming independent princess party business. I can worry about Mink later.
Well I won the PayPal dispute, but unfortunately it's not all good news. This is what PayPal sent me:

After careful review, we have determined that the seller is at fault but regret to inform you that we were unable to recover any funds from the seller's account.

We'll make every effort to recover the funds from the seller although we can't guarantee you will receive a refund. For more information please review our Buyer Protection Policy in the User Agreement.

I also received this email from the seller today:

I am writing to confirm your address to return your wig and bang clips.
The only alterations is it has been de-tangled and the band holding up the pony tail has been removed to clip it Up to the appropriate height.

It will be sent insured and tracked.

So basically admitting they lied when they said they'd already started it in March as there's no way they'd have progress pictures to show me as they haven't done anything yet.

I obviously intend to ask them for the money I already paid to be returned (along with the money I paid to ship the wig to them, which I think I'm entitled to considering they wasted 3 months of my time now) but I'm not sure how to phrase it. Maybe something like this?

Yes, the return address you provided is correct. I also require the refund of the money I paid you upfront (which PayPal would have collected for me if you had any money in your account) and reimbursement for the shipping and tracking I paid to send them to you in the first place (which is only fair seeing as you never did the work as promised and wasted 3 months of my time to boot). I have attached proof of the shipping & tracking price I paid to this email. I look forward to a speedy reimbursement.

I honestly don't think they're going to willingly give my money back if their earlier behavior is any indication. Anybody had luck with PayPal eventually successfully collecting the money later, or is there anything else I should be trying to do to get it back? And is there anything better than PayPal I can use to send future payments so if I get scammed again I can get my money back immediately instead of PayPal basically being "well you're right, but the seller has no money and we aren't going to reimburse you ourselves" forcing me to have to file a lawsuit?

Current Cosplays: Sheena Fujibayashi (young/successor version)

Upcoming Cosplays: Suzu Fujibayashi, Team Magma Grunt, White Mage

Future Cosplay Series: Naruto Shippuden, SSB4, Shadowverse, Smite, Final Fantasy, Tales of, Inuyasha, Pokémon

Conventions Attended:

Anime Detour 2012
Geek.kon 2012, 2013, & 2016
Anime Milwaukee 2013
Anime Central 2014
Costume Con 2016
Anime Midwest 2018
(Nov) Daisho Con 2018

Last edited by Chiagirl : 04-16-2018 at 06:45 PM.
Chiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2018, 09:17 PM   #79457
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

I sort of just remembered this site existed lol. Sad that it seems like they got rid of the search by cosplay option :/ I liked to see how people did certain characters

Other cosplay related things, I think I'm aiming to do one new Overwatch cosplay and one new Jojo Bizarre Adventure cosplay a year!

Cosplays
Reaper - Overwatch (2017)
Jotaro Kujo (Part 4) - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2017)
Nobuchika Ginoza - Psycho-pass (2016)
Trafalgar Law (Punk Hazard) - One Piece (2014)
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2018, 10:04 PM   #79458
Angelx624
Left here but came back!

@Chia - wow x_x yeah try sending that response to the seller, but since it appears that lol they have no money they probably will try to pull some other excuse. Lousy scammer they are. :/

"No matter where I go or what I see, I know I can always come back here. Right?" -Kairi

"Looks like today we're clockin' out early!" -Reno

Yay! (ノ•ω•)ノ

Angelx624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2018, 11:01 PM   #79459
Chiagirl
Sheena Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelx624 View Post
@Chia - wow x_x yeah try sending that response to the seller, but since it appears that lol they have no money they probably will try to pull some other excuse. Lousy scammer they are. :/
And now they send me this:

I will be sending your wig out tomorrow.
I will send you the tracking number as soon as I print it.
PayPal ruled in my favor as I sent them the contract that you signed that the $40 is non refundable. That is why you did not receive it.
I will also not be reimbursing your shipping cost.
I have not wasted your time as I had started working on this as soon as I received it. Just because you mistrust that fact and have therefore lost time and money is not my fault. I was on track to finish your wig and ship it by the end of the month.
If you had not been so rude and threatening I would have completed it the end of this month way in advance of the date that is your actual due date in July.

Which completely contradicts everything they said earlier. And PayPal sided with me, not them. This is obviously going to turn into a legal battle. Since I've already won the PayPal dispute, I guess it's alright to release the name of the commissioner I used. To quote from their commission thread on here:

I would advise to avoid commissioning from them, as they seem to have no intent of refunding the money they owe me.

Current Cosplays: Sheena Fujibayashi (young/successor version)

Upcoming Cosplays: Suzu Fujibayashi, Team Magma Grunt, White Mage

Future Cosplay Series: Naruto Shippuden, SSB4, Shadowverse, Smite, Final Fantasy, Tales of, Inuyasha, Pokémon

Conventions Attended:

Anime Detour 2012
Geek.kon 2012, 2013, & 2016
Anime Milwaukee 2013
Anime Central 2014
Costume Con 2016
Anime Midwest 2018
(Nov) Daisho Con 2018

Last edited by Chiagirl : 04-17-2018 at 12:37 AM.
Chiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2018, 03:39 AM   #79460
Lost Cause
You're in my way, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiagirl View Post
And now they send me this:

I will be sending your wig out tomorrow.
I will send you the tracking number as soon as I print it.
PayPal ruled in my favor as I sent them the contract that you signed that the $40 is non refundable. That is why you did not receive it.
I will also not be reimbursing your shipping cost.
I have not wasted your time as I had started working on this as soon as I received it. Just because you mistrust that fact and have therefore lost time and money is not my fault. I was on track to finish your wig and ship it by the end of the month.
If you had not been so rude and threatening I would have completed it the end of this month way in advance of the date that is your actual due date in July.

Which completely contradicts everything they said earlier. And PayPal sided with me, not them. This is obviously going to turn into a legal battle. Since I've already won the PayPal dispute, I guess it's alright to release the name of the commissioner I used. To quote from their commission thread on here:

I would advise to avoid commissioning from them, as they seem to have no intent of refunding the money they owe me.
Should probably copy all of this into the commissioner review forum.

Instagram - Facebook
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2018, 04:45 PM   #79461
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

CRAP, I don't have near enough of this stash fabric for my Abigail overshirt-sweater-dress thing. Now I have to find another fabric tomorrow. There goes finishing ahead of (or heck, even ON) schedule because I got nothing but the pattern done today....

As a silver lining, though, when digging through my stash, apparently I actually bought a wool fabric for a commission cape last year! (Had to burn test it to find out, it wasn't labelled as wool when I bought it and I wouldn't have thought at first look). Quite a bit was left and I love the bright violet-blue colour, so now I'm trying to figure out what historical garb I could make with it, it's a bit weird in drape/texture and I don't have a whole outfit's worth to work with...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2018, 05:48 PM   #79462
Angelx624
Left here but came back!

Yup, DEFINITELY never commissioning from them, and yes, reveal all of that when leaving a review on them, to expose them of their scamming. They will lose business SO FAST. Good riddance.

"No matter where I go or what I see, I know I can always come back here. Right?" -Kairi

Yay! (ノ•ω•)ノ

Unread 04-18-2018, 12:52 PM   #79463
Asmaria
The Ruby Knight Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elycium View Post
It took me all weekend, but I finally finished drafting out the embroidery pattern for the back of Mollymauk's coat. Which means my patterning (the worst part imo) is officially finished for the coat!
Man I hate the patterning stage the most. It's like 75% of why I procrastinate on costumes.

Future cons:
A-kon
SnK - Erwin Smith
P5 - Ryuji Sakamoto, Skull
.hack//IMOQ - Elk
P4 - Dojima
BNHA - Denki (Hero), Iida (Hero)

Animefest - TBD
San Japan - Probably P5
Asmaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2018, 08:26 PM   #79464
TheGoofQueen
Saved Your Life!

I ordered another bolt of muslin so I can continue making mockups, and it arrived today! But I didn't expect it to show up as a bolt of muslin with a bag around it and a shipping label slapped on. For some reason, I am cackling about that. But it's here, so hopefully I can get back to making progress on Rey!

I also bought a walking foot in the same order, so I'm hoping to make progress on that velvet dress for the Raven Queen, too. Still makes me nervous though! Need to dig out the scraps to practice on first.

\\ Serena (Female Trainer) - Pokémon X/Y - Planning //
\\ Ava - Hearthstone: Hearth and Home Cinematic - Planning //
TheGoofQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2018, 08:59 PM   #79465
Angelx624
Left here but came back!

I'm starting to think more about next year already, and I know I'm going to cut down on new costumes, save for the ones I already have planned, which isn't many. Mainly so I can put focus on getting costumes together for my independent princess business. Not to mention I really need to start selling some costumes. :/

Yay! (ノ•ω•)ノ

Unread 04-19-2018, 12:31 AM   #79466
lunaflora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmaria View Post
Man I hate the patterning stage the most. It's like 75% of why I procrastinate on costumes.
especially truing up the pattern. Ugh...Though I think I hate the mock-up stage the most... All the time, energy, money, and fabric going down the drain each mockup
lunaflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2018, 09:04 AM   #79467
Lost Cause
You're in my way, sir.

Just finished my first go at finished edges.

So hopefully this skirt won't fray to hell like the one it's replacing.

Instagram - Facebook
Unread 04-19-2018, 01:06 PM   #79468
Scunosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Just finished my first go at finished edges.

So hopefully this skirt won't fray to hell like the one it's replacing.
Woah nice! So clean.

I've gotten better at it myself but still don't always have all-finished edges. Maybe someday I'll actually break that serger out of its box and learn how to use it, it looks so intimidating though...

Upcoming Conventions
---

Latest cosplay
Princess Peach-New Donk City (Super Mario Odyssey)

Working On
---
Scunosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2018, 03:32 PM   #79469
Lost Cause
You're in my way, sir.

Also pressing in an invisible zipper on an unseasonably hot April day is -fun-.

Instagram - Facebook
Unread 04-19-2018, 03:35 PM   #79470
Zoeyromanov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Also pressing in an invisible zipper on an unseasonably hot April day is -fun-.
I'd say you're lucky, it's still pretty cold over here T_T'

My progress for Celina is going very smoothly . I can't wait to wear it!

Anime North 2019:
TBD

Future plans:
Trickstar Sweet Devil, Yugioh [Fan Expo 2019]
Trickstar Band Sweet Guitar, Yugioh [Fan Expo 2019]

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram / Twitter

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too." -- Wonder Woman, Justice League War

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
BIRD POWER!
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote