Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 01-11-2018, 05:10 PM   #1
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Avoid Procosplay At All Costs!

I bought a cosplay from Procosplay.com and I am here to show you why this site should be avoided at all costs, and you should never ever give them your money. Buckle in because it's gonna be long. I also have email screenshots.
On 11/22/17 I bought a Sora (kingdom Hearts 2) cosplay, and the shoes, both from this site. I have been in constant contact with the company's customer service since even before that.
You can see in my email to them that I askedwhen I can expect it. I told hem I had an event where I needed to leave on Jan 4th. They assured me I would have it by then, as I choose the more expensive fast shipping option (which doesn't even matter anymore since they have not even shipped anything).
Here is a screenshot of the shipping time as making time for theis site:
http://s88.photobucket.com/user/Razo...qeote.png.html
It specifically says 8-20 days to get an order, but with what else it states there's a max of 30 days (10 total making time and 20 total shipping time), but you can assume this is not 100% accurate, so let's say 45 days. That's reasonable for a company that doesn't actually make the items upon order (in case you're wondering, none of these places actually "make to order" they all grab the closest sizes to your measurements).

Here's the email screenshots in order.
http://s88.photobucket.com/user/Razo...3cmnw.png.html
http://s88.photobucket.com/user/Razo...98zyr.png.html
http://s88.photobucket.com/user/Razo...wtwma.png.html
http://s88.photobucket.com/user/Razo...uggq3.png.html
http://s88.photobucket.com/user/Razo...98zyr.png.html
http://s88.photobucket.com/user/Razo...twclk.png.html

The last one is about 2 emails after the one before it. I sent 2 pretty hefty emails about how unprofessional they are being, and how what they are doing is very wrong. Also, I CAN file with the Better Business Bureau about this, because if you read email screenshot 2, they specifically said, and I quote, "The shoes are finished, and the costume is almost finished". Meaning they already started and are about to be done. However the email I received this morning states that they never even started the costume to begin with, and will start on it today, and missed it completely. That means the email where they told me it was almost finished was a complete lie. This is all the company seems to know how to do, is lie to their customers. I will be filing with the Better Business Bureau as soon as I can. I'll update to let you guys know if I received anything or not, because at this rate, I highly doubt it.
-Created Character [SAO Hollow Realization]
-Cloud [Dissidia Final Fantasy]
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-11-2018, 08:40 PM   #2
Zoeyromanov
Performapal Leon

Bro, I didn't even need to finish reading your review; the title said it all. I've had experience with them and it was not pleasant for me either. I also posted a thread with my review as well (albeit a very long one) and I honestly thought it was just my experience.
This goes without saying but I hope you get your money back with PayPal, or tell them in an e-mail to send your costume or will take legal trouble. This is how I ended up getting my costume back, a year after I was supposed to get it. Or unless you have an alternative means. I can link to my review if you like.
Hope everything goes well my friend!
Celina, standard outfit, Yugioh Arc-V

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram / CureCos

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too."

Last edited by Zoeyromanov : 01-11-2018 at 08:43 PM.
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2018, 10:29 PM   #3
walkerofdarknes

Well, I would point out that the Better Business Bureau has no jurisdiction outside the US (I think anyway) and the contact number for them puts them squarely in China. I'd go ahead with the PayPal or credit card dispute it rather than just dealing with the hassle.

While I haven't ordered any costumes yet, I can't say as I haven't had any problems with even reputable places like Amazon, so I feel for you. But like I said, dispute the payment and consider the word spread out.
walkerofdarknes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2018, 03:15 PM   #4
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Update: I did end up getting a refund. I haven't gotten any emails from them though, only paypal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoeyromanov View Post
Bro, I didn't even need to finish reading your review; the title said it all. I've had experience with them and it was not pleasant for me either. I also posted a thread with my review as well (albeit a very long one) and I honestly thought it was just my experience.
This goes without saying but I hope you get your money back with PayPal, or tell them in an e-mail to send your costume or will take legal trouble. This is how I ended up getting my costume back, a year after I was supposed to get it. Or unless you have an alternative means. I can link to my review if you like.
Hope everything goes well my friend!
Yea, this is a very horrible site. Good to see I'm not alone too. And yea, that's what the Better Business Bureau threat it. Legal action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerofdarknes View Post
Well, I would point out that the Better Business Bureau has no jurisdiction outside the US (I think anyway) and the contact number for them puts them squarely in China. I'd go ahead with the PayPal or credit card dispute it rather than just dealing with the hassle.

While I haven't ordered any costumes yet, I can't say as I haven't had any problems with even reputable places like Amazon, so I feel for you. But like I said, dispute the payment and consider the word spread out.
Idk..I'm pretty sure they still can do something. Because they are selling to the USA. If the BBB has no jurisdiction, than how are other business that sell to the US even able to do so? If this is the case, that would mean no one can stop them from doing whatever they want.
-Created Character [SAO Hollow Realization]
-Cloud [Dissidia Final Fantasy]
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2018, 05:08 PM   #5
Zoeyromanov
Performapal Leon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jei-Cos View Post
Update: I did end up getting a refund. I haven't gotten any emails from them though, only paypal.

Yea, this is a very horrible site. Good to see I'm not alone too. And yea, that's what the Better Business Bureau threat it. Legal action.
That's good. In retrospect I wish I didn't wait so long to really do something myself . I actually thought they were the legit as well; I did research like I always do. I probably should have noticed something was up in February when I ordered it in December (not recently, a couple years back.)
They really are terrible, because I know things don't go perfectly sometimes, but when I should have noticed some thing was up in February, and when you posted your review, yeah. They are.
Celina, standard outfit, Yugioh Arc-V

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram / CureCos

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too."

Last edited by Zoeyromanov : 01-12-2018 at 05:13 PM.
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote