Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 09-26-2011, 09:44 AM   #43066
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

Reconsidering of retiring my Keima from TWGoK with next year being the last year wearing that costume... I want my signature to be wings rather than a specific costume or character...
Planned Cosplay 2017 - Everything all gold, woo!
Gilgamesh [Fate Series]
Kayle - The Judicator [League of Legends]
Sagitarrius Aiolis [Saint Seiya]
Genji [Overwatch - Ocre]
9S [Nier]
Geralt [Witcher 3 - Wolven]
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-26-2011, 10:05 AM   #43067
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
OH GOSH I HATE DIFFICULT DECISIONS.

So, it seems as though all of my college friends intend to go to Sakura Con this year. And thus, somehow I have also become involved in this adventure. Which would be AWESOME if I knew I could afford both another con and my Black Rock Shooter cosplay. @-@;

I'm at a total loss of what to do. :x I guess it's too soon to decide if I can afford both.
JOIN USSSSS~

Right now would probably be the best time to decide while pre-reg is still $50. That, and hotel reservations just opened a couple weeks ago, and already the Grand Hyatt blocks are completely filled. The rates for Sakura-Con affiliated hotels are really good for the quality of hotel that you can get, and the costs go down even further when you split travel costs.

/shameless plug
Unread 09-26-2011, 11:10 AM   #43068
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
T
So, it seems as though all of my college friends intend to go to Sakura Con this year. And thus, somehow I have also become involved in this adventure. Which would be AWESOME if I knew I could afford both another con and my Black Rock Shooter cosplay. @-@;
If you can, you should come to Sakura-Con~

Sakura-Con is amazing, I've been going for the past seven years. o: If I remember right, I think this is their 15th anniversary year, too, so maybe they'll have some really cool guests coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia Rose View Post
The rates for Sakura-Con affiliated hotels are really good for the quality of hotel that you can get, and the costs go down even further when you split travel costs.
If you're looking for an even cheaper hotel in downtown Seattle, there's always Sixth Avenue Inn. It's not Sakura-Con affiliated, but I've seen their rates as low as $89 before, and never higher than $119 (room rates fluctuate based on supply and demand so checking back with them later might result in lower rates). My friends and I stayed there for Sakura-Con a couple times; rooms are pretty basic, but if all you plan to do is be at the con all day and come back just to sleep or change, then that might be all you really need. It's not that much further away than some of the affiliated hotels.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 02:11 PM   #43069
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I FINALLY found my cotton doubleknit (apparently it's also called ponte knit...), AND it goes on sale next week. Guess who's buying the last needed thing for her serafuku top next week? (Fyi, it's being made from doubleknit because it's not really an "accurate" serafuku. It's for an original variation and I wanted it to show more figure/fit tighter to suit the character. And it does still fit and tailor beautifully.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 02:16 PM   #43070
Quinn the Shiki
I'm in Raffaenzo Hell

The only upside to my terrible allergies is I can probably make some prop stuff out of the now-empty tissue box.

Tomorrow I get my cardboard and Hopefully that will mean I finish Berthie's sword as well, provided I don't have to much homework or TV to get caught up on.
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Jessica Jones-Netflix's Defenders (revamp,) Keith-Macross Delta, Diana Cavendish-Little Witch Academia, Shinjuro Kurama-Kamisama Kiss (Revamp,) Liv Moore-iZombie, Newt Scamander-Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Licht von Granzreich-The Royal Tutor, Leo Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Maki Nishikino-Love Live (Christmas outfit)
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 02:17 PM   #43071
KiraCosplayHai
Guardian Corps.

So today was meant to be wig styling day, had it planned out and everything, and I've come home to find my room messed with by my bro and now i can't find the goddamned wig. srsly, upset right now.
Paddra Nsu Yeul FFXIII-2

Time flows without pause. In a world where I no longer exist, the future, is about to change. Serah, the truth still survives, but only you, renember it.
Nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
KiraCosplayHai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 02:25 PM   #43072
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Lost my Yin costume. D: Looked everywhere in all the bins, all the bags, underneath all the plastic sheets that are on top of everything this morning.

Found my Yin costume. In the closet where I hung it up before I had to move out so the construction guys could gut my ceiling.

Having my cosplay stuff neatly put away and not all out in the open is really disorienting. D: Cannot find anything for the life of me.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 02:35 PM   #43073
marshmallowpie
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrling

Am I the only person who would never buy from a seller selling a wig (especially a fairly long one) for $20 and free shipping? I notice a lot of people recommending stores like that, but I can't trust them at all. This particular store has plenty of glowing reviews, that they're very soft, realistic and don't tangle, but for the price of a party wig, I don't feel okay with buying from them, even if it means saving $18.
Unread 09-26-2011, 03:39 PM   #43074
CWCantaloupe

There are some positives to getting laid-off of work, like now I have more time for sewing and volunteer work. If only I had made more money in those 2 weeks, this isn't even enough to pay for my part of the room.
CWCantaloupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 06:53 PM   #43075
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Whoot! JUST from cleaning out my closet and a few dresser drawers, I have a CRAPLOAD of stuff. A full garbage bag of old clothes (including a Lolita-esque dress I only wore once and is still freshly dry-cleaned with the bag on it), two boxes of various knicknacks, several board games, a handful of CDs and old VHS tapes and a big shopping bag of books. And there's still some stuff at my Mom's house, the main closet to clean and a few more things I could probably pluck out of the house.

Yard sale ahoy! Time to make some money to put towards my cosplay/cons... when unemployed since May, I'll make money any way I can. I'll be ecstatic if I can clear 100 bucks (yeah, not likely when it's not a BIG sale), happy if I can get at least 40-50.

...and oh my GOD, the space I have now. I literally cleared out the entire bottom of my closet and now I can actually fit my luggage and cosplay shoes in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 07:11 PM   #43076
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Okay, the last form of contact or confirmation was the Wednesday of the week before last week. I am insanely stressed because of a bunch of tests and projects. WHAT ELSE CAN GO WRONG. I just want my wigs.....
At least I get to sleep in on Thursday and start my Halloween costume. Although I'm kind of sad that I won't have a train on my dress. I wonder if it would look okay if I had a sheer layer with a train on top of a solid layer without a train? I mean...it's got a water theme...that'd look fine, right? XD (floor length dress)
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 07:15 PM   #43077
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia Rose View Post
JOIN USSSSS~

Right now would probably be the best time to decide while pre-reg is still $50. That, and hotel reservations just opened a couple weeks ago, and already the Grand Hyatt blocks are completely filled. The rates for Sakura-Con affiliated hotels are really good for the quality of hotel that you can get, and the costs go down even further when you split travel costs.

/shameless plug
;A; I actually don't even get my next paycheck until the end of next month... OTL Any idea when there will be a price increase for pre-reg?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
If you can, you should come to Sakura-Con~

Sakura-Con is amazing, I've been going for the past seven years. o: If I remember right, I think this is their 15th anniversary year, too, so maybe they'll have some really cool guests coming.

If you're looking for an even cheaper hotel in downtown Seattle, there's always Sixth Avenue Inn. It's not Sakura-Con affiliated, but I've seen their rates as low as $89 before, and never higher than $119 (room rates fluctuate based on supply and demand so checking back with them later might result in lower rates). My friends and I stayed there for Sakura-Con a couple times; rooms are pretty basic, but if all you plan to do is be at the con all day and come back just to sleep or change, then that might be all you really need. It's not that much further away than some of the affiliated hotels.
Thank you both for your input/hotel info. ;u; I'll have to talk to everyone else I'd be going with and see if there's any already existing plan or what have you. It seems like I'll most likely be going and if I can't afford my next cosplay then I'll save it for next year or something. xD;

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 07:17 PM   #43078
JMG181

Wish I could find a purple zoot suit in a thrift shop.... or something I could dye that would work. Or if I could feel good enough about my alt Joker concept to pull the trigger on the accessories on amazon
JMG181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 07:18 PM   #43079
SapphireChaos

I just ordered my wig for my Izaya cosplay and I can't wait for it to get here :3 Unfortunately, I found the perfect pattern for his coat, but the store was sold out and I can't find it online T_T *sigh* Oh well.
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider 2013) - 0%
[?] Jun (Avatar the Last Airbender) - 0%
SapphireChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 08:31 PM   #43080
KaraOfHearts

I have no idea who I'm going to cosplay for Anime Matsuri, but I am thinking about doing Kairi.
KaraOfHearts is offline   Reply With Quote