Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 02-27-2013, 06:26 PM   #57916
redsheep

I find I'm a lot less critical of cosplay quality in real life than online.

Also I cut my hair. It may be too short for Aranea now, but it's nearly perfect for Snow.
redsheep is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #57917
Quinn the Shiki
I'm in Raffaenzo Hell

I did more beading on Sapphire's jacket tonight! Look! I'm Sparkly!
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Jessica Jones-Netflix's Defenders (revamp,) Keith-Macross Delta, Diana Cavendish-Little Witch Academia, Shinjuro Kurama-Kamisama Kiss (Revamp,) Liv Moore-iZombie, Newt Scamander-Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Licht von Granzreich-The Royal Tutor, Leo Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Maki Nishikino-Love Live (Christmas outfit)
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #57918
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
I think making a Versailles (Teru) outfit is always going to be my ultimate goal of cosplay. Because god knows that will take a fortune or a lot of time.
Probably both, just saying. I know there's one girl on coscom who did an amazing Jasmine You cosplay and I think it ran her something like $1500. The devil's in the details.

I feel like Versailles is too far on the sophisticated side of VK cosplay for me. I like the rougher, more ridiculous look. Like VK era Dir en Grey and DespairsRay and Amaterase and Vidoll.

Once I stop getting sidetracked with all these anime cosplays, I'ma get right on remaking my Myaku Toshiya costume and remaking his ridiculously amazing bass so that it functions to go with it.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #57919
ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
That's Teru, the guitarist of the band Versailles.

I can't remember exactly which outfit that is, and I have to catch the bus for work in about 4 minutes, but here is a quick ref for you~
Ah, thanks. You're my hero of the day. Maybe someday I'll be that good, and hopefully I'll still have the body to wear 'em when that day comes. xD

(I find it kind of hilarious that the audience is sitting down and listening politely.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
Judal, why must you mock me.

---

I think making a Versailles (Teru) outfit is always going to be my ultimate goal of cosplay.
You there. Stop that thing where you get in my brain. This is the second time this week. xD

facebook page // nh cosplay events

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Constructing : Soren (Fire Emblem), Fox (RWBY)
Upgrading : Sheik (armor), Cloud (wig and armor)
ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 07:56 PM   #57920
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsheep View Post
I find I'm a lot less critical of cosplay quality in real life than online.
This is so very true. This is why I try really hard to go to cons often. If I go too long without them I tend to forget my reasonable perception of quality with costumes and at least think like a pompous asshat when I see pictures of them ._.;
Or I get really downtrodden and see everything as amazing because I'm horrible. I have a lot of extremes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
Probably both, just saying. I know there's one girl on coscom who did an amazing Jasmine You cosplay and I think it ran her something like $1500. The devil's in the details.
True. Oh man, not prepared for that ;-; I'm just gonna go back to the Jpop bands now for any band cosplays. OTL *An Cafe mainly*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
You there. Stop that thing where you get in my brain. This is the second time this week. xD
Hey, isn't my fault~ :P

I'm having a dilemma. My two costumes I would choose for Momocon are drastically different in sizing.
Ririchiyo is tight enough to be uncomfortable but not too tight to wear. The version of Ciel I have right now is big enough to be annoying but not so big it's falling off of me.
OH MY GOD COSTUMES STAHP. I JUST WANT TO BE COMFORTABLE ;A;
Also thinking if nothing can be done with Ririchiyo (and possibly if I have my Funtom rabbit by then), I'll wear Ciel to Momocon instead. If I do that, I'll try to wear Ririchiyo to meetups and possibly AWA if any of my InuBo friends are coming down for that >.< If not..cosplays go according to plan.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #57921
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Trying to work out more due to crappy eating, in order to be in decent enough shape for cons (and to stay healthy of course). Went from 3 days a week to 5. Only bad part is that I have skipped breakfast in the morning a few times due to being a little sore and wanting to stay in bed an extra 15 minutes XD

Lol, I probably don't even need to exercise those 2 extra days since I'm not that fat to begin with, and don't need to lose weight, but COSPLAY! I'll just use that as motivation even though I don't need it XD

Cosplays
Reaper - Overwatch (2017)
Jotaro Kujo (Part 4) - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2017)
Nobuchika Ginoza - Psycho-pass (2016)
Trafalgar Law (Punk Hazard) - One Piece (2014)
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 08:36 PM   #57922
Hamie

Cosplay is a lot of fun. You get to be someone else for a day, or a few hours. The transformations can be so drastic. It is mind blowing.
I love the anticipation and the process of shopping for the right outfit, materials. It's a lot of fun and sometimes well, the cosplay can be turned into actual everyday clothing!
I love watching people's end products. It's also funny when you see people who look so much like the character you almost forget who they are when they get into character!!!
I've checked out many of the cosplays on this website and I must say I am amazed by some of the things I've seen.
I was too embarrassed before to do it but wow! Thumbs up for you guys!
Hamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 09:34 PM   #57923
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

So my Amnesia Heroine wig, according to the tracking it is in "collection"? What in the world does that mean? 0_o

~Twitter~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 10:37 PM   #57924
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

I should be sanding or sewing but I don't have the energy to anything except browse coscom and Tumblr before collapsing into a puddle of blah.

Chances are I won't get anything of significance done until Sunday. :I
My handmade fandom plush

Next event: ???
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 10:50 PM   #57925
stiffkick80
Ooooh Yeah! *thrust*

So I paid roughly 17 dollars today for a little 8 inch styrofoam ball. Which I then proceeded to hack into pieces trying to get it the right shape to fill out the top of my Krusty mask. It looks better than it did when I stuffed it with cotton, but it's still ever so slightly misshapen and it's really bugging me. Sadly, I think this is the best I can do, as the mask isn't all that great quality to begin with. :/
Wizard World Las Vegas 2016
Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con 2016
Comikaze 2016
Long Beach Comic Con 2016

Follow me on Tumblr: http://stiffkick80.tumblr.com
stiffkick80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 10:52 PM   #57926
Akahime

SOOOO..... drill curl is not going the way I imagined it would. It was supposed to be easy, simple... and well let's just say I over-estimated (haha like I always do) the amount of hair I thought needed to cover the tape......... Now I got excess hair. GOOD THING Himawari's hair sometimes either very neat or slightly messy with her curls. = n=

Still not amused though. this means I have to go out and buy some dang wires. I had many wires.... just had to use them all up for the main curls. Blah. I can't do anything right. ; w;
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 11:01 PM   #57927
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Ugh, I want to work on Hijikata now because I got my copy of Hakuouki and played thru is route. But I really should be study for my midterm tomorrow. However, I did dream of how to actually make the back piece thing (I don't quite understand the instructions online...) so I should really get that done on Jin and Hijikata.

Also, SEYMOUR ugh... why must midterms be in the way of cosplay. I guess tomorrow I'll finish the painting job on the horns and work on gluing the hairline. Of course, this is provided I don't pass out after getting home from classes at 5. T_T
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 07:19 AM   #57928
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

I was going to get some work done this weekend. Probably on my Fangirl and Tim's new beanie. But now there's studying for midterms, laundry, getting things started for a new RPG session, and cleaning up the apartment. :: sigh :: At least once class is done on Wednesday I'm done for over a week thanks to spring break. I might actually be able to get some work done then.

2018 Conventions: Marcon, DragonCon
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #57929
myalchod
reflections and dreams

Dear self: please do not come back from Japan with another list of costumes you want to make. (Also do not buy fabric or any other textiles. You will regret it. YOU DO NOT NEED MORE PROJECTS.)
Especially since I'm not taking a craft project with me. It's probably a good idea to give my arms a complete rest, and I don't have anything that'll pack conveniently small anyway. >_>

... inspiteoffriendspushingforyoudoingtsubasareservoir chroniclewiththem ...
Elisabeth - red ballgown (Elisabeth - Takarazuka version)
Thessaly (Sandman - The Kindly Ones)
Elsewhere: Tumblr ~ ACP ~ CosplayLab
myalchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #57930
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

Awww yeah, got my Backlace prop for Panty all done~!

~ ♥ ~
| Facebook | Tumblr | WorldCosplay |
~ ♥ ~
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote