Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 01-31-2014, 02:25 PM   #65566
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooyong View Post
Motivation coming right up! *packs in a box to be shipped* Hope you get it soon!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
Yay! sank you! I'll let you know when it arrives :'D
I GOT IT! Thank you!! It came sorta late last night, BUT I GOT IT! I then proceeded to stay up until 4 am painting charms and cutting out material while I waited for paint to dry. BUT I GOT SOMETHING DONE! XD Now let's hope it'll stick around this time =P

Upcoming Conventions

Anime Matsuri
Friday: Usagi's High School Uniform Saturday: Prisoner Usagi Sunday: Usagi's Junior High School Uniform

Sakuracon
Friday: Nico Robin from One Piece Saturday: Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty Sunday: Chii from Chobits

Plus: A-Kon, Anime EXPO, Sailor Moon Con, AnimeFEST, & ANT
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-31-2014, 09:57 PM   #65567
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

So I got hit with a wave of nostalgia and I want to add some Breath of Fire III cosplay to my list. And I was thinking, I could do Nina (as I "started" on her a long, long time ago but never even really got started, if ya know what I mean) but then I thought. NO. I CAN DO TEEPO. Because I can use my Vaati wig for him. Because the two share almost exactly the same color scheme. It's that Capcom connection I'm sure. imalsosecretlysurethey'relonglostbrothersdontaskho w

I think I may do my own version of older!Teepo though. Unfortunately, there are no references for older Teepo! And whoever says there is is lying because I have three freaking art books with NOTHING. Only that little in game sprite... Grrr...

BUT THAT'S A COSPLAY FOR THE FUTURE, and I shall not dwell on how to construct anything about it atm.

Last edited by Reily96 : 02-01-2014 at 01:39 AM.
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2014, 11:07 PM   #65568
ardhri
Falcon in the Dive

I made actual cosplay progress today! Princess Bubblegum now has most of a top half. Just need to do the sleeves and skirt. And crown, but that I can always beg my friend to help with, lol.

If the next project on my list goes as smoothly, I might MIGHT be ready for Anime North. Four months to go!
Evelyn (The Mummy 1999)
Haru (Persona 5)
ardhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2014, 12:34 AM   #65569
Jacky_theNerd
Cranky Costumer Hobbyist

Finding newer or older TV shows (like Megas XLR) and thinking "WOW!! I coulld totally do that if only I didn't have these other cosplays I need to finish first and school expenses to pay for and time and motivation for my own projects!!"

Jacky the Nerd's Blog (WordPress) All of my main content goes here.
Facebook Probably the easiest way to follow me.
Tumblr
Jacky_theNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2014, 01:19 AM   #65570
figment1986
Part of Figmentsmedia

Wondering why the community can be so great and mean at the same time... I'm not a pro... I Buy my accessories and whatnot... and I'm being trash-talked at not being a pro like "person x" and i should give up and quit... Then they bash my photography cause I'm not as good as the ones who take "person X"'s photo.... If i knew who these people were I would report them... but they just keep coming under different accounts. Some message me on tumblr, some on FB... I block ignore everything... but it's wearing me down. I wanted the drama over, and it keeps going.

Next Major Cons planning to Attend:
Florida Supercon, Megacon Tampa, Holiday Matsuri
figment1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2014, 01:38 AM   #65571
Psycho_Kitty
It flies, it dies

So glad my fabric shipped so I can finish the doublet, but looking forward to friday where i'm headed to the fashion district in LA for fabric for Jon Snow's cloak.
SDCC '14
Currently working on:
Season 1 Jon Snow
Upcoming:
Original Character- Assassin
Sniper ODST

Psycho_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2014, 03:15 AM   #65572
Shana05
Survivor

I'm putting together a Fox Face (Hunger Games) cosplay real quick for Kawa Kon. I made some nightlock berries out of polymer clay and removed the "12" from the training shirt. It actually came off a lot easier than I thought it would. I need to go get some fabric paint so I can put a "5" on it now.

NebrasKon: fem!Newt Scamander (Fantastic Beasts) - Eleven (Stranger Things) - Spyro gijinka (Spyro the Dragon)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2014, 11:33 AM   #65573
PotatoCosplay
Little Songbird

I'm really having a bit of a problem with one of my cosplays. I once got called a tramp and a slut when I was cosplaying Burial at Sea Elizabeth and I got pretty angry. I absolutely love that costume, but I don't like being called those things by other people, and I don't really know if I want to keep cosplaying that particular outfit.

I wish people would just stop slut shaming and calling other people those names because it's ridiculous. Especially when the most I'm showing in that costume is leg.
Snow White ((The Wolf Among Us))-Complete

Anime Expo:
1998 Mode Elizabeth-Complete
Anastasia ((Blue dress))-Complete
Sally ((Burial at Sea))-Complete
Comstock Dress Elizabeth-Complete
Snow White ((The Wolf Among Us))-Complete

Comikaze:
Belle ((Blue dress))
Tower Dress Elizabeth
PotatoCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2014, 03:58 PM   #65574
Kate-chan
red panda extraordinaire

I got started on my Seccotine jacket and now I'm totally stuck with the yoke part. I'm looking up videos online to try to understand Simplicity's subpar directions and I'm still lost. ><
Unread 02-01-2014, 05:11 PM   #65575
Quinn the Shiki
I'm in Raffaenzo Hell

I actually got a picture of my Toshio Ozaki W.I.P!

Picture!
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Jessica Jones-Netflix's Defenders (revamp,) Keith-Macross Delta, Diana Cavendish-Little Witch Academia, Shinjuro Kurama-Kamisama Kiss (Revamp,) Liv Moore-iZombie, Newt Scamander-Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Licht von Granzreich-The Royal Tutor, Leo Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Maki Nishikino-Love Live (Christmas outfit)
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2014, 05:18 PM   #65576
ZeRO-LESS-
(눈_눈)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
I actually got a picture of my Toshio Ozaki W.I.P!

Picture!
You look awesome. I really thought you were a dude. *_*

Speaking of WIP, here's a photo of my completed 3DMG. That was fun to make, but I probably could've done it in half the time with half the gesso. 12 oz on that thing, WTF?

.:Currently working on:.
Nothing until after New Year's... (・_・;

Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ(눈‸눈)ノ
ZeRO-LESS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2014, 05:23 PM   #65577
Quinn the Shiki
I'm in Raffaenzo Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRO-LESS- View Post
You look awesome. I really thought you were a dude. *_*
Whoa seriously? Thanks! That's what I was going for and it's hard since Toshio is really manly and I'm really...scrawny :'D
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Jessica Jones-Netflix's Defenders (revamp,) Keith-Macross Delta, Diana Cavendish-Little Witch Academia, Shinjuro Kurama-Kamisama Kiss (Revamp,) Liv Moore-iZombie, Newt Scamander-Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Licht von Granzreich-The Royal Tutor, Leo Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Maki Nishikino-Love Live (Christmas outfit)
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2014, 05:37 PM   #65578
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Debating buying a pair of contacts. Only problem is, I don't really have it in my budget. I could make it work, but can't decide if I want to.

I need to buy them now though if I'm going to. I need them for a convention that's in exactly 1 month. Granted, it's for an original design so I don't NEED them, and at first I wasn't going to buy any, because I don't like buying contacts for just one costume, but then I realized that I could use them for a costume I plan on making next year, so now I really want them.

To buy, or not to buy? That is the question.

Upcoming Conventions

Anime Matsuri
Friday: Usagi's High School Uniform Saturday: Prisoner Usagi Sunday: Usagi's Junior High School Uniform

Sakuracon
Friday: Nico Robin from One Piece Saturday: Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty Sunday: Chii from Chobits

Plus: A-Kon, Anime EXPO, Sailor Moon Con, AnimeFEST, & ANT
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2014, 05:48 PM   #65579
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

Alright, just bought some makeup and that's about the last bit of what I need to buy for cosplaying at ACen, besides some acrylic paints and sandpaper. I'm getting there. \o/
Unread 02-01-2014, 07:53 PM   #65580
Ematheo
aka TC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRO-LESS- View Post
Speaking of WIP, here's a photo of my completed 3DMG. That was fun to make, but I probably could've done it in half the time with half the gesso. 12 oz on that thing, WTF?
Wow that looks so awesome!

I am finally getting somewhere on my cosplay but my time is running out and I have plenty to do left. Kinda forgot that I would be going home for 5 days, even if I can bring some of the work with me, I cannot take all of it. Work faster woman damn it!
Ematheo is offline   Reply With Quote