Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 06-07-2017, 05:57 PM   #16
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ the Collector View Post
I'm hoping to have a fursuit-style Sable Able costume made in time for next AN. It'll take a lot of saving, but I hope I can do it. If it takes longer than expected though, I do have backup plans in line. Another big hopeful for next year is Bartholomew Kuma from One Piece--here's hoping the heat doesn't build up too much if I manage that one, heat + heavy black outfit = not fun. And finally, third hopeful costume for next year is Big Mac, Applejack's brother from MLP, just to help show that MLP cosplay is still a thing.
This last AN was the first time since making Twilight Sparkle in 2013 that I DIDN'T wear any MLP cosplays to it. Felt pretty weird....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-09-2017, 06:48 PM   #17
Zafie
Cosplay Veteran

Awesome! I'm soo happy to see this thread lol. Its never too early to plan for the next year. So far, I have plans to cosplay Guzma (Pokemon Sun & Moon) as I didn't finish him for this AN. I also hope to cosplay as Joe Kido (Digimon Adventure Tri.) in a cafe outfit. I may also have another cosplay but I'll have to wait and see.

CanFURence 2017 (maybe)
Quinte Mini Con 2017
Furnal Equinox 2018
Anime North 2018

Cosplays In Progress

Guzma (Pokemon Sun & Moon)
Joe Kido (Digimon Adventure Tri.) - Cafe Uniform
Zafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2017, 10:22 PM   #18
Zoeyromanov
Performapal Leon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zafie View Post
Awesome! I'm soo happy to see this thread lol. Its never too early to plan for the next year. So far, I have plans to cosplay Guzma (Pokemon Sun & Moon) as I didn't finish him for this AN. I also hope to cosplay as Joe Kido (Digimon Adventure Tri.) in a cafe outfit. I may also have another cosplay but I'll have to wait and see.
I'm glad this thread is still going; keeps me motivated ^^b
I'd love to see Joe; he's a funny dude. I might do something from Digimon too

DTAC/Holiday Fan Days 2017:
Ruri Kurosaki, Yugioh Arc-V

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram / CureCos

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too."
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2017, 05:47 AM   #19
SuperBee
Extreme chainmailler

I've been meaning to start something already, but I am too busy to start. I want to at least get the swords going because I won't be able to indoors. I may need to get more foam too. Where does one get foam? Like the craft foam...

"Captain Canada"
Pokemon trainer inspired something

Samurai Zapdos and Moltres
Revamped Scalemaille Gyarados with armour
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2017, 10:52 AM   #20
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
I've been meaning to start something already, but I am too busy to start. I want to at least get the swords going because I won't be able to indoors. I may need to get more foam too. Where does one get foam? Like the craft foam...
If you mean the thin sheets of craft foam? I get mine from Michael's (they have big sheets and big rolls, and while they're the pricier option, they have weekly coupons if you sign up for their email list).
You can also find smaller foam sheets in dollar stores, as well as cheap yoga mats and such for thicker EVA foams (my luck's been mixed with that- mostly I just find little card-sized packs of foam, not sheets).
I've heard Walmart carries the stuff, but I almost never go to Walmart.
I'm not sure if you have Len's Mill in your area, but I've also found foam sheets there. And besides Michael's, all those places will also have things made of EVA foam like the floor-puzzle-piece mats and yoga mats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2017, 04:16 PM   #21
Zoeyromanov
Performapal Leon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
Seconding Shinobi, Walmart does have it, but sometimes it may depend on the stock. When I was looking for craft to make Winter Soldier's metal arm, I found small and large packages, both in black and white (assuming you want white, but they do carry black just in case you really do need black). This time when I went to look they only had foam board, and I went to another one they didn't have any.
I also went to DeSerre's and a found a pack of 9 x 12 craft foam, I'm pretty sure they'll have bigger, but I didn't check because I only needed that size. You can check Curry's as well because they're both art stores, they'll both carry it. I recommend Michael's or DeSerre's mostly, even though it's an art store for the most part, they do have a crafts section too so it couldn't hurt to check it out not just for the foam but anything you might need!

And speaking of starting, I actually found something to start with xD
But I'm putting it off because I want to start when Cosplay Matsuri and Fan Expo are finished (if I go). So I won't start until maybe Thanksgiving.

Follow me:

Last edited by Zoeyromanov : 06-10-2017 at 04:22 PM.
Unread 06-13-2017, 10:58 AM   #22
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

Micheal also sells giant rolls of black and white foam. I recommend a coupon though.

90% certain I will be making Sakizou Ms. Anniversary drawing I think it's from Girl meets Sweets 2 book. She's going to be a lot of work and money. But I want to at least do all my foam casting of icing dollops this summer. lol
https://www.facebook.com/WARPAINTand...type=3&theater
The illustration colour is intentionally incomplete so I'm thinking of making the roses light pink to tie in the colours more.

I'll probably do/bring another one based on what I feel like bringing back or if anything peeks my interest mid-year. Kind of want to do Steven Universe Gem....

FanExpo '17
Merida - Brave (Saturday only)

Anime North '18
Steven Universe ?
Sakizou Ms. Anniversary

Future cosplays/cons:
Lagertha - Vikings, Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by WARPAINTandUnicorns : 06-27-2017 at 03:06 PM.
WARPAINTandUnicorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2017, 04:26 PM   #23
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARPAINTandUnicorns View Post
Micheal also sells giant rolls of black and white foam. I recommend a coupon though.

90% certain I will be making Sakizou Ms. Anniversary drawing I think it's from Girl meets Sweets 2 book. She's going to be a lot of work and money. But I want to at least do all my foam casting of icing dollops this summer. lol
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/418271884126966691/
The illustration colour is intentionally incomplete so I'm thinking of making the roses light pink to tie in the colours more.

I'll probably do/bring another one based on what I feel like bringing back or if anything peeks my interest mid-year. Kind of want to do Steven Universe Gem....

How would you do the candles?

Official Anime North Forums

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2017, 08:20 AM   #24
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

LED flicker candles. I had a few listing listed but I've to do more searching.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Extensive-Us.../322467395276?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10pc-LED-Bat...1424061528 26

My hardest to find items on the list is 30mm pearls or balls. Ping pong balls are 40mm which are too big sadly and the 30mm pearls are both expensive and heavy. lol I'd take anything from 25mm to 30mm for the top row my skirt.

FanExpo '17
Merida - Brave (Saturday only)

Anime North '18
Steven Universe ?
Sakizou Ms. Anniversary

Future cosplays/cons:
Lagertha - Vikings, Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by WARPAINTandUnicorns : 06-14-2017 at 08:39 AM.
WARPAINTandUnicorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2017, 06:36 PM   #25
ardhri
Falcon in the Dive

I have almost no idea what to make for 2018, my 2017 cons aren't even done yet! I have four more weeks before my main local con.

My friend wants to do Steven Universe cosplay next year so that may come to AN, depending on how lazy I get between now and then. Otherwise, it's up in the air.
Evelyn (The Mummy 1999)
Haru (Persona 5)
ardhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2017, 06:16 PM   #26
MDA
Destiny Productions

Right now my only for sure plan is Keyblade Wielder Sailor Jupiter as designed by Nijuuko. I have a group for it and so excited!

Potentially doing Andy Biersack, the vocalist for the band Black Veil Brides.

Facebook | deviantART | Twitter | Instagram
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2017, 02:26 AM   #27
theebombdiggity
The Bomb Diggity

I'm definitely planning to do Konan from Naruto, with the concept outfit and the Akatsuki cloak if i feel motivated enough.
I want to do 2 costumes this year too but I really can't get ahead of myself yet haha
Casual Coran - Voltron Legendary Defender - Fanworld
Pidge - Voltron Legendary Defender - Cosplay Matsuri
TBD - Fan Expo
TBD - Halloween
theebombdiggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2017, 12:48 PM   #28
ZsignKRay
Kot Londo

I have been planning my cosplays for the past month already. XD

I'm going to be cosplaying Whitebeard from One Piece, Mavis Vermillion from Fairy Tail and 707 from Mystic Messenger.

I might also be reusing an old cosplay that I have which is Soos from Gravity Falls. Cause he wears a hat, t-shirt and shorts. You know, in case of heat death, wear this XD
Unread 09-09-2017, 10:23 PM   #29
Zoeyromanov
Performapal Leon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZsignKRay View Post
I have been planning my cosplays for the past month already. XD

I'm going to be cosplaying Whitebeard from One Piece, Mavis Vermillion from Fairy Tail and 707 from Mystic Messenger.

I might also be reusing an old cosplay that I have which is Soos from Gravity Falls. Cause he wears a hat, t-shirt and shorts. You know, in case of heat death, wear this XD
Can't wait to get started I see xD
I technically did get started but only because I know for sure I'd like to shuffle my lineup, and I already have stuff I could use as a base xD.
As for the hot weather, yeah that's a good idea. That's why I'm glad I'm going as Kazemon so if it's 30 degrees + I'll be ok. This year wasn't bad, but we'll never know next year.
I myself never really have too much to wear, but I always bring water with me anyways.

Follow me:

Unread 09-13-2017, 06:40 AM   #30
SuperBee
Extreme chainmailler

Some plans changed and some progress started.

We're still doing the legendary birds (might be a trio still) but not as samurai. We'll be basing the design off of Fire Emblem characters - so more like warriors.

I've started the swords. Mine (zapdos) is based off of a wand and a sword. It's nearly all covered in worbla (love worbla). The moltres will be a flame sword, which is made out of foam right now. My brother has decided that the swords need to light up so he will be doing the LED work. Somehow we will get the fire sword to glow, and somehow have lightning surround the sword. Haven't even touched articuno yet. We will also have a head dress with the head the of legendary birds. It's going to be made out of foam. Not sure how else to make it...

"Captain Canada"
Pokemon trainer inspired something

Samurai Zapdos and Moltres
Revamped Scalemaille Gyarados with armour
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote