Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 10-04-2016, 10:43 PM   #226
Therese_candy

That Bitch Ass Hoe Robbed Me Too I Wanna Beat Her Ass Ive Reported Her To The online Fbi Trust Me I'll Get Her Fucked Up Cosplay Asylum aka Alanna Dawn!

Last edited by Therese_candy : 10-06-2016 at 12:09 AM. Reason: wrong wording
Therese_candy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-07-2016, 07:47 AM   #227
Milky Bubbles
(◍•ᴗ•◍)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therese_candy View Post
<admin@cosplayasylum.com> SHE IS A THIEF SHE ROBBED ME OF $400 AND OTHER USERS I FOUND OUT SHE LUCKY I DON'T BUMP INTO HER AT A CON BECAUSE HER FACE WOULD'NT LOOK THE SAME U ROBBED MY LIL SISTER U SCUM! WE BOTH PAID HER AND MY LIL SISTER IS AUTISTIC SHE NEVER SENT THE COSTUME LANA YOU'RE A LOW LIFE THIEF!! U IGNORE PEOPLE AND TOOK YOUR WEBSITE DOWN CAUSE A THIEF U SHOULD B IN PRISON DONOT BUY FROM COSPLAY ASYLUM AKA ALANNA DAWN!
Quote:
That Bitch Ass Hoe Robbed Me Too I Wanna Beat Her Ass Ive Reported Her To The online Fbi Trust Me I'll Get Her Fucked Up Cosplay Asylum aka Alanna Dawn!
Woah, woah, first things first:

Calm down.
You need to pick up a case with the BBB and at least attempt to get some of your money back. Sadly it seems too late to try with PayPal.
Trying to pick a fight with them on this Thread is only going to end badly because the Admins are going to get involved. Also all shop owners are going to do is come here and try to defend themselves after being called out, which isn't going to do anything for any body.

Did you try looking up reviews on this person before you two ordered from them? You should never order from a seller or a website and then look up reviews, that's super backwards and makes you an easy target. Did you see this review for the seller on page 12 before you and your sister ordered from them?

Quote:
Name of Commissioner CosplayAsylum

Website/C.com gallery CosplayAsylum.com

Character commissioned and series/video game Neo's Jacket (RWBY)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item n/a

Timeline (how long your order took to process) month and a half, and counting.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. This was my second attempt commissioning this item, after the last person failed to get me the item after two deadlines. I ordered this item on June 15, paid in full ($268) via paypal, to be ready by August 3. On July 21, I emailed them asking for an update as I had not heard from them. No response. On the 23, I used the contact form on their website to again ask for progress reports. No response. I should note that on the 21 when I emailed them, I gave them my shipping address as they hadn't previously asked for it. Today (August 2) I tweeted at them, messaged them on Facebook, posted on their facebook page, and emailed the other email address given on their site. I will update this to let people know if and when they get in touch with me.

Final Grade: F
That alone would make me NEVER order from someone like them.
If you saw that others had their money taken by CosplayAsylum, why would you order from them? :c
You can't feel buyer's remorse over a bad decision that you made on your own.

Also, if you want to really solidify the legitimacy of your review, provide screenshots of your transactions and interactions with the seller. Pointing fingers and yelling about how they stole your money doesn't do much because we are only seeing your side of the story while seeing evidence that things really did transpire in the horrible way that you make it seem it did, makes people really see why they should avoid the seller! The response that you quoted wasn't even directed at you so that doesn't help much.

-Various Overwatch stuff
-Purah, LoZ: Breath of the Wild
-Sakizo(This shouldn't be a surprise!)

fυтυrε cσsтυмε(s):

cσмρℓεтε∂ cσsтυмε(s) σf 2017:
-Card Captor Sakura

cσηvεηтισηs ι αттεη∂/ωιℓℓ вε αттεη∂ιηg:
Raleigh Super Con 2017?
Katsucon 2018
Momocon 2018

Last edited by Milky Bubbles : 10-07-2016 at 07:59 AM.
Milky Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2016, 08:59 AM   #228
Blood_Sword
aka Shiro Samurai

Name of Commissioner Cosall
Website/cosplay.com gallery: http://cosall.com/
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Cheshire Cat costume from 100 Sleeping Princes & The Kingdom of Dreams
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://valkoinensamurai.blogspot.com...g-princes.html
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Approximately two weeks shipping.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.: Customer service was really kind and prompt. I received my costume much faster than I expected (custom size too!) and it's actually 100% accurate to the stock photos, no joke! The quality is surprisingly good for being a Chinese online costume store and the prices are nice too. They also hold sales quite often. It should be noted that Cosall is a sister-store to CosplaySky, hence why they use the same photos etc.
I'm overall really pleased with this costume and service and I would definitely order from them again. The ears are of a much nicer fur than I expected and attach with hair snap clips. I don't have anything negative to say about them, except that one of the arm decorations was missing but, then again, it wasn't shown on the stock photo anyway so I didn't expect that it would come with.
Psst, the discount code CACASS gives 15% off on any order.
Final Grade: A-

Last edited by Blood_Sword : 11-14-2016 at 09:01 AM.
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2016, 02:44 AM   #229
Moonsong
daughter of evil

Name of Commissioner: Laura Zecchin/FatDragonCosplay/Cosplay.com user "Tifa ~"
Website/cosplay.com gallery: https://www.facebook.com/FatDragonCosplay/
Character commissioned and series/video game: Fate/Stay Night (Saber) - Saber's armor ONLY, not including the armor for the boots.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: None, as I never received anything to photograph and she deleted the album the progress photos were in.
Timeline:
3/20/16 - Posted on the Marketplace looking for someone to complete my commission and have it in my hands by mid June as I needed it for Anime Expo.
3/25/16 - FatDragonCosplay contacts me and links me her Facebook, showcasing her own cosplays, as well as commissions and other projects she's working on. Everything looks very nice. Coscom member since 2011. Seems legit. I decide to go with her. We agree to a payment plan: 3 payments of $150 each. The first to purchase needed materials, the second once sufficient progress had been made, and the final upon completion and preparation for shipment.
3/29/16 - First payment is made after giving her my measurements.
End of March - Early April - We talk materials, paint and glues, and techniques she can use to make the armor look weathered.
4/27/16 - She sends me 8 pictures, some of patterns, some of pieces already cut out of foam. Looking good.
5/12/16 - She says everything is nearing completion, with some pieces 100% done already. She plans to have it shipped by May 20th. She will send me pictures the following day and invoice me for the final payment. I reply, but don't get a response until May 30th.
5/30/16 - I finally get pictures. The armor had not been shipped yet, but she said just the chestplate and gloves needed to be finished and everything was good to go, and that she had invoiced me for the final payment. I don't see this message for a few days because of being extremely understaffed at work (I worked 12 days in a row without a day off at one point, followed by another 9 days)
6/7/16 - I see she has reminded me to pay, I apologize for being busy with work and send the final payment. I'm thinking I might not get it in time for Anime Expo, but I didn't really care because I planned on wearing Saber at other cons too. I don't get a reply.
6/15/16 - I send a quick message asking if the armor has been shipped yet. I don't get a reply, and Anime Expo comes and goes without any kind of contact from her. I was too busy with my other cosplays and prepping for travel (since I went by plane) so it kind of got put on the backburner until I returned.
•I send quick messages asking if she had gotten my last message, and checking on the status of the armor on 7/11/16, and 7/22/16.
7/23/16 , the last message I received from her: "Hi! Sorry for the late reply, I've been very busy lately with work and last minute commissions, atm I don't remember if I sent you all the pictures of the finished pieces, I just got a brand new roll of black worbla and I'm ready to build the gloves as well (it's more comfortable than eva foam... well, gauntlets aren't comfortable anyway, I'm afraid). I should be able to finish them too and ship everything within this week!"

Soo, not only was everything not shipped nearly a month after my due date, it wasn't even finished, either. I sent her a few messages well into August. I voiced my displeasure, (though not rudely) but never got a reply. Checking her coscom profile, she hasn't been logged in since the day she sent that reply. I waited until the tail end of my Paypal dispute window to file, hoping she'd come through, but she never did. She did not respond to the Paypal claims, either, so thankfully I have my money back. She has, however, been active on her cosplay Facebook page, posting photos of her own as recent as last week.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.:
Pros: Um, the progress photos were nice? Too bad I never got anything but the progress photos.
Cons: She basically took my money and fucked off with it. I gave her plenty of time, overlooking my original due date in the process and still received nothing - not even an apology, just empty promises. I would NOT recommend anyone commission this person.

Final Grade: F-

people die when they are kawaii
next con: katsucon 2017

Last edited by Moonsong : 11-16-2016 at 03:30 PM.
Moonsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2017, 01:58 PM   #230
SleepyJackson

Name of Commissioner: jdscosplay

Website/C.com gallery: http://s567.photobucket.com/user/JDs...?sort=3&page=1

Character commissioned and series/video game: Sukeroku from Soul Hackers(Full Costume, no wig/shoes)

Timeline:My deadline was a large one, from January to about fall of this year. I had sent an e-mail, he was quick to reply. I had explained what I had wanted, forwarded the payment and in about a month o so, the costume was finished. The costume was shipped and took a bit less than a week to get here.

Describe your Experience:
PROS -
Very easy to work with, requires a document to be filled out, but easy to do. Also requires the measurements in centimeters, so just a heads up. Outfit was ABSOLUTELY snug, fit extremely well. Mind you, it wasn't snug where I couldn't breath or anything, it's just an absolute perfect fit. The fabric was nice, just everything about it was nice. (I'd post a picture, but it's unfortunately on my phone)

CONS-
Only issue I had was while the head piece was really nice, it doesn't fit my head. Maybe my measurements were a bit off, but it is unfortunate.

COMMENTS- Over all, it was very pleasant to work with this person. Please don't be shy and give this person a shot. I really think you won't regret it. I'm looking forward to working with this person again, hopefully one more time before the summer ends, so I'll make sure to update this post with additional comments to help give a bit more insight.

Final Grade:A-
SleepyJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2017, 04:01 AM   #231
ketaro

Name of Commissioner: Cosplay Mandy

Website/C.com gallery: https://www.facebook.com/cosplaymand...?ref=bookmarks

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.) : Marisa Kirisame from Touhou Koumajou Densetsu (Touhouvania) Full Costume

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Reference used
Received cosplay Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4 Pic 5 Pic 6 Pic 7

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Emailed about a commission January 23rd, got a response same day. Next couple days are spent collecting and sending more reference pictures and figuring out pricing and payment and setting a rough deadline for the end of April/beginning of May. 70% deposit sent for costume on Jan 26th. Progress report on Feb 19 showcased finished boots; they were lovely. Not much later on March 14th I got an email stating the costume was finished along with several pictures showing the finished product. I had to delay a bit to March 24th to send the last 30% payment plus covered shipping fees. It was shipped out over the weekend and received a tracking number for it on the 27th. Costume arrived April 7th; it was so perfect!

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: Everything received was magnificent! It all fit well, the quality looks and feels really nice. Really, that cloak is probably my favorite thing ever and my picture doesn't do it justice as I didn't have anything to hang it on to show off how beautifully it falls~ I suppose my only complaint is the gloves should have had a square cutout on the back rather than a white square but that's honestly my fault as I had completely missed that small detail haha. The costume even showed up almost a month ahead of schedule!

Final Grade: A+!

Last edited by ketaro : 06-10-2017 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Forgot to add Full costume
ketaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2017, 11:20 PM   #232
senpaischair

Name of commissioner - Cosplaymandy
Website/C.com gallery - https://www.facebook.com/cosplaymand...?ref=bookmarks
Character commissioned and series/video game - Lily, Tides of Destiny (full costume)
Timeline:

March 28th - Contacted on Etsy about commission details.
Got reply the same day with price estimate.

March 29th - 70% of total price was sent via. Paypal.

April 3rd -
(I sent an eCheck so I had to wait a bit)
After she received the money, I filled out a measurement sheet.

April 9th - Sent me an update and said she'd probably start the next day.

April 22nd - Costume was complete, wayyy earlier than expected.
Sent her the remaining 30% plus shipping fees, she shipped.

May 2nd - Received the product!

Overall, I'm really happy that my first commission experience went so pleasantly.
She responded pretty quickly with everything, and the pay was quite reasonable.
Plus, like I said, she finished way before my deadline~
The dress is very beautifully made, it's comfortable and it's just like the reference pictures.

The only con I have is that it's a little tight, but with a little bit of adjustments it was absolutely fine.

Final Grade : A

Last edited by senpaischair : 06-14-2017 at 04:04 PM. Reason: updated link
senpaischair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2017, 02:55 PM   #233
lilabee81

Name of Commissioner: jade_87

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/343948

Character commissioned and series/video game: Dr Mrs Monarch Dress from Venture Bros Series

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: N/A

Timeline: Commissioned 09/08/2016, arrived N/A

Describe your Experience:

Pros:
- Initially Quick to Respond to Messages
- Reasonably Priced

Cons:
- Didn't complete the commission! Two weeks prior to my deadline and no news I contacted her to find out progress. She took about 5 days to get back to me promised pictures then she ghosted, no pictures or responses to my follow up messages, until I filed a claim through Paypal to get a refund a month later.

Final Grade: D-
She did seem to be going through some personal issues at the time of our dealings so she might be someone to consider since other people seem to have positive dealings with her. I personally would not work with her again though.
lilabee81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2017, 05:56 AM   #234
Frozen Angel
aka Jäätynyt Enkeli

Name of Commissioner: Cosall
Website/C.com gallery: https://cosall.com
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Guren Ichinose costume from Seraph of the End (jap. Owari no Seraph).
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://jaatynytenkeli.blogspot.com/2...ph-of-end.html
Timeline (how long your order took to process): About two weeks to process the costume and ship it. The shipping was a little bit delayed but that's not Cosall's fault at all, the responsibility goes to the postal services.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: The customer service was friendly, professional and quick to respond. They also had understandable/good English so no misunderstandings for my part. The costume I received was beautiful and very accurate to the character's, which was great. The vast majority of the details was there and the fabric choice was good. Only two small details was missing/inaccurate on the uniform jacket and sadly, they had a bigger miss with the belts around the character's left leg. They only went halfway around the leg (stopping at the side seams) so I had to completely change them but luckily, that wasn't much of a hassle. I also had to take in some centimeters from the pants but for that, I only have myself to blame, as I realized later that Cosall adds the extra centimeters and you should refrain from doing that yourself. All in all, I got a good, beautiful and solid costume that was 100% accurate to their stock photo. I would order from Cosall again in the future and I can't wait to debut my costume!
I also have a discount code CACAFA that gives 15% off of any order, if someone wants to buy something from Cosall

Final Grade: B+

Last edited by Frozen Angel : 08-09-2017 at 06:03 AM.
Frozen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote