Name of Commissioner
: Laura Zecchin/FatDragonCosplay/Cosplay.com user "Tifa ~"
Website/cosplay.com gallery: https://www.facebook.com/FatDragonCosplay/
Character commissioned and series/video game
: Fate/Stay Night (Saber) - Saber's armor ONLY, not including the armor for the boots.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: None, as I never received anything to photograph and she deleted the album the progress photos were in.
- Posted on the Marketplace looking for someone to complete my commission and have it in my hands by mid June as I needed it for Anime Expo.
- FatDragonCosplay contacts me and links me her Facebook, showcasing her own cosplays, as well as commissions and other projects she's working on. Everything looks very nice. Coscom member since 2011. Seems legit. I decide to go with her. We agree to a payment plan: 3 payments of $150 each. The first to purchase needed materials, the second once sufficient progress had been made, and the final upon completion and preparation for shipment.
- First payment is made after giving her my measurements.
• End of March - Early April
- We talk materials, paint and glues, and techniques she can use to make the armor look weathered.
- She sends me 8 pictures, some of patterns, some of pieces already cut out of foam. Looking good.
- She says everything is nearing completion, with some pieces 100% done already. She plans to have it shipped by May 20th. She will send me pictures the following day and invoice me for the final payment. I reply, but don't get a response until May 30th.
- I finally get pictures. The armor had not been shipped yet, but she said just the chestplate and gloves needed to be finished and everything was good to go, and that she had invoiced me for the final payment. I don't see this message for a few days because of being extremely understaffed at work (I worked 12 days in a row without a day off at one point, followed by another 9 days)
- I see she has reminded me to pay, I apologize for being busy with work and send the final payment. I'm thinking I might not get it in time for Anime Expo, but I didn't really care because I planned on wearing Saber at other cons too. I don't get a reply.
- I send a quick message asking if the armor has been shipped yet. I don't get a reply, and Anime Expo comes and goes without any kind of contact from her. I was too busy with my other cosplays and prepping for travel (since I went by plane) so it kind of got put on the backburner until I returned.
•I send quick messages asking if she had gotten my last message, and checking on the status of the armor on 7/11/16, and 7/22/16
, the last message I received from her: "Hi! Sorry for the late reply, I've been very busy lately with work and last minute commissions, atm I don't remember if I sent you all the pictures of the finished pieces, I just got a brand new roll of black worbla and I'm ready to build the gloves as well (it's more comfortable than eva foam... well, gauntlets aren't comfortable anyway, I'm afraid). I should be able to finish them too and ship everything within this week!"
Soo, not only was everything not shipped nearly a month after my due date, it wasn't even finished, either. I sent her a few messages well into August. I voiced my displeasure, (though not rudely) but never got a reply. Checking her coscom profile, she hasn't been logged in since the day she sent that reply. I waited until the tail end of my Paypal dispute window to file, hoping she'd come through, but she never did. She did not respond to the Paypal claims, either, so thankfully I have my money back. She has, however, been active on her cosplay Facebook page, posting photos of her own as recent as last week.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments
: Um, the progress photos were nice? Too bad I never got anything but the progress photos.
: She basically took my money and fucked off with it. I gave her plenty of time, overlooking my original due date in the process and still received nothing - not even an apology, just empty promises. I would NOT recommend anyone commission this person.
Final Grade: F-