Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 10-04-2017, 02:54 PM   #1
Celestrina

Glasses smudging makeup

I am considering cosplaying as Valak from The Conjuring. I've never worn makeup this heavy, in part because I wear glasses. Even after using a type of fixative will my glasses smear smear the makeup? I can't wear contacts and if someone wants to take a picture it would look odd if my natural skin tone showed on the bridge of my nose.

Reference picture:

http://tinypic.com/r/2djqudk/9
Celestrina is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-04-2017, 08:04 PM   #2
micro-babe
Five Feet of POWAH!

I have huge glasses that tend to smudge my makeup and honestly the best you can do is apply eye primer to the area, powder well, spray with a good fixing spray, and just touch up throughout the day.

Tumblr|Twitter|DeviantArt
micro-babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2017, 10:07 PM   #3
walkerofdarknes

As a fellow glass-wearer, I actually found a solution to some of my costume problems, but I'm not sure if this would work for you. But it might, so here goes:

I took my last set of glasses and removed the lenses from them. Since they were only 1 point off my current set, I was actually encouraged by my doc to hang onto them (I'm sure they thought it was a breakage issue...boy were they wrong). But I took the lenses and actually glued them into my forthcoming armor's helmet at the right spots.

So for your costume, based on the pics I Googled, I might consider converting an old set into a swimmer's goggles, with the nose-bridge being colored the same as your makeup (or even done in the same makeup as well). You then give a light coat of paint for the eyes and the deep shadows of his eye sockets, something you can accentuate with a little makeup on yourself, and not thick enough to obscure your actual vision. Granted, my own costume doesn't require multiple colors (in fact, I gave it a light grey to help hide my own eyes), but theoretically, it should work. I'd try a couple of test paints on some transparent material though.
walkerofdarknes is offline   Reply With Quote