Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Unread 02-07-2011, 12:54 AM   #1
allycat6247

Adult Malon (OOT)

I didn't see a thread for this so decided to start one. Anyways, I am planning on doing an adult Malon in the near future and am in the researching stages right now. I was just wondering for those of you who have cosplayed as her, if you used any patterns (and which ones if you have) and what fabrics work good?

Thanks! ^_^
allycat6247 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-08-2011, 01:26 PM   #2
TR Rose
Meowing About

Rougher-looking cotton and linen-look fabric is what I've used for my Malon. I tried to use things that are typically used for Renaissance festival "peasant" clothing. Nothing too fancy or "clean" looking, she is a farmer after all! I painted the sleeve designs with soft fabric paint, and the skirt designs are strips of blue cotton sewn on.

The skirt pattern I used is out of print, but basically a full skirt with an elastic waistband, and a blouse from a Renaissance pattern (most people use a T-shirt but I wanted something a little more authentic looking).
• 10th Doctor
TR Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #3
Adlez

I'm making one this year as well. I was going to try to make a circular skirt (which would have been prefect) but found out the length didn't work with the fabric available. So I'm making a skirt with three pieces, a front piece and two back pieces because I decided to use buttons instead of elastic. I'm using broadcloth for most of it. For the shirt, I'm going to try Goodwill since peasant tops were popular not too long ago.

I'm trying to decide if I want to carry around a glass bottle for milk or if I want to make it out of paper mache. I figure if I make it out of paper mache I can make a hole in the back and store things in it.
Unread 02-12-2011, 10:00 PM   #4
allycat6247

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR Rose View Post
The skirt pattern I used is out of print, but basically a full skirt with an elastic waistband, and a blouse from a Renaissance pattern (most people use a T-shirt but I wanted something a little more authentic looking).
You wouldn't happen to remember the pattern #, would you?

Thanks for the tips so far. I think I will try to find a peasant top then or at least a pattern for one. I have a friend helping me with the designs and stuff, so that will make it easier. I just need to find a some good patterns for it.
Unread 02-13-2011, 08:19 AM   #5
lunaishtar

I can't help you with the pattern for my costume, since I can't sew and all =P. But if it's any of help I made a tutorial on the details of her skirt, apron and shirt on here. Unfortunately I only have it in portuguese, but I hope this may help someone:

http://warpzona.wordpress.com/2009/0...makingofmalon/
lunaishtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 09:37 AM   #6
TR Rose
Meowing About

Quote:
Originally Posted by allycat6247 View Post
You wouldn't happen to remember the pattern #, would you?

Thanks for the tips so far. I think I will try to find a peasant top then or at least a pattern for one. I have a friend helping me with the designs and stuff, so that will make it easier. I just need to find a some good patterns for it.
McCall's M4863 (Misses' Colonial Costume)

Basically just a simple skirt made of triangle-shaped pieces and I added an elastic waistband to the top. Although I'm probably going to remake the waistband smaller because it's now turning out lumpy with the designs sewn on.
• 10th Doctor
TR Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2011, 11:48 AM   #7
expiredgumiworm
Tiki Crafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunaishtar View Post
I can't help you with the pattern for my costume, since I can't sew and all =P. But if it's any of help I made a tutorial on the details of her skirt, apron and shirt on here. Unfortunately I only have it in portuguese, but I hope this may help someone:

http://warpzona.wordpress.com/2009/0...makingofmalon/

for anyone who wants to use this website in english, google chrome has an automatic translator.
expiredgumiworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2012, 09:42 PM   #8
allycat6247

It's taken a while, but I just bought the fabric for the skirt and scarf today. Got a pattern for the skirt last week. Really excited to get started! ^_^
Unread 04-20-2012, 11:27 PM   #9
Adlez

Awesome Good luck with it!
Unread 05-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #10
expiredgumiworm
Tiki Crafts

Just finished my costume and had a photo shoot. Waiting on a few things before I get the pictures in, but that a whole -nother story.

and/or

Follow my cosplay blog: Tiki Crafts Blogspot
expiredgumiworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #11
allycat6247

I'm very excited; just cut out the fabric for the skirt. Shouldn't take too long to sew it. Have some fabric for the scarf, so will cut that out after. Then I plan on getting fabric for the apron and a white t-shirt after that. Painting and putting the designs on everything will come last. Still have to figure out how to make the design on the buckle, and am looking for a good wig.

Work-in-Progress
Juno Eclipse

https://www.facebook.com/allycatcosplay