Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Unread 03-26-2018, 10:55 PM   #3856
bad_luck
^_~

ayaasan: Yay, glad you were able to get a serger! Can't wait to see how your Mary Poppins comes out. And so far your design for Aurora is beautiful!

And the dates for D23 2019 were announced today! I had so much fun last year, I'm definitely going again. Though I'm really bummed that they've scheduled it for the end of August this time around. So many people are just starting back to school by then, myself included. Probably going to end up missing pretty much all of Friday :/ I guess I'll take what I can get.
bad_luck is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-27-2018, 11:15 AM   #3857
LinkPwnsGanon
Lady Scarlett Cosplay

Hello again everyone!

Ayaasan: Yay serger buddies and Aurora buddies! x'D I really can't wait to see how your Aurora turns out! I ended up not cosplaying at all during Wondercon so I'll have to go out and take pictures of my Aurora dress. But I'm still thinking about going to ECCC

W.I.P:
Aurora 60th anniversary - Disney
Princess Deku - Drifiting by Stars art
Steampunk Ladybug - Miraculous Ladybug
Super Sailor Chibi Moon - Sailor Moon
Female Kylo Ren

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 03-27-2018 at 11:23 AM.
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2018, 11:29 AM   #3858
ayaasan

Link: Keep me posted about ECCC :3 The hotel I stay at is at the back entrance of the con, so it's right across the street and about a quarter of the crowds of the main entrance. I also really love the location because it's about 3-4 blocks from just about everything--the shuttle for the space needle/museums, Pike Place, several awesome indie coffee shops, some great restaurants, live theatre, etc.

4-day passes go SUPER fast (as in minutes) for this con, so I'd definitely subscribe to their newsletter for updates. The single day passes go a little slower, but it's a much better deal to get the 4-day pass. If I don't manage a 4-day, I'll probably just buy Friday through Sunday since the discounted hotel block doesn't start until Thursday and I'd have to wait until 2:00 to check-in and store everything/get ready anyway. (I didn't even go on Thursday last year, lol. By the time we checked in we were super tired from the flight and just got takeout and fell asleep watching Star Trek, lol)

And side project! It's a total stash-buster costume (ie: spending little to no money) with no definite deadline. I figure that I can use this costume to help clear out my fabric scraps/remnants.

Check out my Tumblr for more up-to date cosplay progress
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2018, 12:16 PM   #3859
bad_luck
^_~

Ayaa-san: Whoa, that will be an awesome costume! And what a great way to use up old fabrics!

Also, I'm definitely interested in doing ECC as well! It sounds like a lot of fun, and I've never been to Seattle. I'm not sure what my plans are for that far out, but I'll let you know!

And, I think I have an official(ish) lineup for Anime Conji!

For a casual costume, I'm doing Jazz from Danny Phantom

This is one of those shows that my younger brother watched back in the day, and it was so fun, it hooked me in! Now I've recently been rewatching it, and it's still as enjoyable as I remember, and I still just love Jazz's character. Years ago, I cosplayed her alongside my brother as Danny, but he has since grown away from cosplay. I was hesitant to do this costume without a Danny, but then thought, "Eh, why not?" I'm excited to make some improvements on this costume, and to bust it out again after nearly ten years!

It's also been awhile since I've challenged myself, so if I can pull it together in time, I'm planning on one of my favorite villains:

The Dark Princess from Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealers!

The basic construction won't be too bad, but all that bling is going to be a lot of work. I have to admit, the part I'm most excited about is making her pet emerald XD
bad_luck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2018, 11:03 PM   #3860
ayaasan

Bad_Luck: some very fun costume choices there And definitely let me know if you're still interested closer to ECCC. I'd love to play tour guide, or at least meet up

And I had a total AHA! moment when my first round of silk dupioni arrived today. I order in bulk because it's significantly cheaper, but then I have lots of extra. The blue is Aurora's center bodice panels and the top layer of the peplum, and the red is for Mary's underbust corset. (I know, it's technically satin, but I wanted a little something extra, haha)

I was trying to figure out something else I could use these for before just putting them in the storage bin when I realized that I have 95% of what I need to remake Snow White from Sleeping Beauty and Mary Poppins remnants!! The collar would be leftover satin and silk devoire brocade burnout with pearls, the bodice leftover royal blue silk velvet, and the above silks would be used for the sleeves and center panel. I still have the wig (which just needs some light styling/touch-ups), I could reuse my Mary Poppins petticoat and slip, and I have some base headbands and the shoes, too!

All I would need is extra piping, some extra grommets and boning (which would get me the bulk discount from my corset supply shop) and some yellow satin and some floral lace overlay for a full circle skirt. I could bedazzle, bead and embroider the heck out of it with leftover supplies, lol. If I feel up to it/have the time I'll make the caplet, too. Ack! I'm so excited!!

Last edited by ayaasan : 04-04-2018 at 11:26 PM.
Unread 04-12-2018, 03:38 PM   #3861
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Man, Wondercon has passed and I had fun hanging out with everyone but it made me realize that a lot of the stuff there I'm not really interested in anymore. I haven't read comics in a while so the merch was not really my jam. I think next year I'm going to plan for Sakuracon instead. I have a friend who wants me to go up and join them and it's like a week apart from Wondercon, but I always wanted to be at Wondercon because it used to be my favorite con. But I've gone back to my anime roots! With all the drama going on with comics lately I just can't bring myself to get into it.

I am debating going to AX for one day just because? Anyone want to make a road trip? I'm on the fence about it because I am planning a trip to Japan in August and I'll get plenty of stuff there. But I really do like Artist Alley stuff, and supporting artists! If I don't go my last con for the year is Comic-con!

I don't really have any cosplays in the works I'm going to fix up my Blade of Marmora cosplay and probably do a photoshoot but other than that I've got nothing! Hope everyone is doing well.
Unread 04-17-2018, 12:27 PM   #3862
ayaasan

Hiya Tulipe! A roadtrip sounds like fun, but summer is SUPER busy where I work so I doubt that I could get the time off... I'll probably swing by downtown during Comic Con, though

And because I want to keep improving/I'm a perfectionist, I've decided to completely remake my Dolores corset, re-do the ruffles on the petticoat (I underestimated how much cotton I needed last time and plan to use triple the fabric this time around), and finally get around to making her shift in addition to me currently remaking the bodice.

The original was such a rush job I can't even...about the only things I'm happy with are the wig, belt, pouch, bustle pad and skirt. I plan on making a resin belt buckle (my first time casting, wish me luck! I'll be using it as a test for Cersei's corset armor) and I found someone selling a half yard of the screen accurate fabric for the corset. The only thing I had to "settle" on was the blue fabric--it's a denim blue swiss dot with cotton facing. I can't for the life of me find the correct color, and I don't have the facilities/space to dye 10 yards of fabric for an even dye batch. *sigh* The 100% linen I'm using is still accurate to the time period and is pretty darn close in color/texture, though

After Dolores, I have about 98% of the supplies I need to get to work on Jolly Holiday Mary Poppins, and then onto Princess Aurora. If I have time, I hope to whip together a Cersei Lannister costume since I found the perfect fabrics for pretty darn cheap (and I have pretty much everything else in my stash) and I'd love to tackle her armor corset, but we'll see. I have to finish these three projects first

Last edited by ayaasan : 04-17-2018 at 04:48 PM.
Unread 05-02-2018, 05:16 PM   #3863
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ayaasan: Hello~ Send me a message around Comic-con time and I'll see if I have any spare codes for a ticket if you want one o: I mean they're the guaranteed but you have to pay tickets. I don't get freebies anymore :'( But let me know.

I really have no cosplay plans and it feels weird! I don't know what to do with myself. I could work on the Sansa outfit I've been talking about for years now... But who knows. I also want to do a couple One Piece cosplays and MAYBE Black Widow or Scarlet Witch MCU version

Last edited by La Tulipe Noire : 05-03-2018 at 07:16 PM.
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2018, 08:29 PM   #3864
ayaasan

Tulipe: Oooh! Thank-you I'll definitely let you know if I get any of those days off. (Summer is pretty much off limits for time off requests unless it's an emergency since it's so busy....and there's also another trip to Disneyworld I requested a week off for in the fall for my Mom's birthday :P) If you ever get to Sansa, let me know. I'm tentatively planning a Cersei costume for ECCC 2019--I just got my swatches in the mail

EDIT: Also, I'm finally making progress on my Dolores remake! This costume is a puzzle and a half @.@ I finally got some clear shots of the bodice and there are hidden darts on the waist underneath the belt as well as a pleated back peplum which solves the issues I've been having with figuring out the slightly wavy/gathered bottom. If anyone isn't watching this show, I highly recommend it <3 The current season has been so good so far

Also, now that we finally have a clear shot of the petticoat because her skirt got all ripped up in season 2, I remade the ruffles and found much more accurate trims It makes the skirt soooo much fuller and screen accurate in terms of the silhouette.

Last edited by ayaasan : 05-07-2018 at 11:25 AM.
Unread 05-11-2018, 08:37 PM   #3865
LinkPwnsGanon
Lady Scarlett Cosplay

Oooh, I like the petticoat! I've been meaning to watch Westworld since a lot of people seem to like it

W.I.P:
Female Kylo Ren
Unread 05-14-2018, 10:20 AM   #3866
ayaasan

Link: Do it!! Westworld is so good. I stumbled across it because I liked the character designs and ended up binging it until I caught up for the season 1 finale. I actually bought an HBO Go subscription just for this show. (Which I NEVER thought I would do, lol. At least now I can finally catch up on Game of Thrones episodes I missed)

Good Morning!~ I'm slowly chugging along on my Dolores remake (I hope to finish the chemise today and the fabric for remake number 4 of the bodice should be arriving tomorrow) I also FINALLY tracked down the screen accurate ric-rac for the gimp trim along the collar and cuffs!!! I have to seam rip it off of another trim since all that was left was a green gimp, dye half blue and sew it onto my white gimp. I'm so happy after weeks of frustrated searching Other than the chemise and the bodice, I just want to remake the corset with my screen accurate fabric and she's finally done!!!

Then onto Mary Poppins and Aurora. After honestly really thinking things over, I decided that I wanted to do a superhero for ECCC. I want to do something recognizable, but finding a character that interested me AND had a costume design that I liked was pretty difficult. (I still want to work on Queen Hippolyta, but she's definitely a local con costume since she'd take up an entire suitcase just by herself with all of that armor.)

I finally decided on Doctor Strange I've wanted to make that cloak since the very first time I saw it. I'll probably play around with the makeup, but if I can't pull off the goatee I think I'll do the exact same costume, but with a slightly longer (still heavily styled w/silver at the temples) wig and some simple costume makeup (just my day to day with some exaggerated eyebrows and some wispy lashes) The only thing I'm not looking forward to is that this costume designer has a major thing for weaving strips of fabric @.@

Last edited by ayaasan : 05-14-2018 at 10:38 AM.
Unread 05-18-2018, 11:14 AM   #3867
LinkPwnsGanon
Lady Scarlett Cosplay

I'll start watching it over the weekend while I work on my niece's Cinderella dress! That monster of a petticoat will drive me insane but thankfully I have a serger! xD

But I would love to see you make Doctor Strange! It'll looks so cool!

Edit:

Here's a progress picture of my niece's Cinderella cosplay! It needs more organza yards into the circle skirts, zipper to the bodice and waist band to the skirt and bedazzle it, oh and make the petticoat and style the wig

W.I.P:
Female Kylo Ren

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 05-20-2018 at 11:49 PM.