Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 05-10-2018, 09:07 PM   #79576
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Respawning View Post
Has anyone here ever paid to have their Instagram/Facebook posts promoted? Did it make a difference in your profile? I am very curious about it and fgure if I can toss money into my phone games then surely I can throw $10 at Instagram in an experiment.
I did it on FB when I first started my cosplay page, and honestly, it didn't work very well since I can "advertise" my page in several cosplay groups on FB, which has gotten me nearly all my followers. I don't use Instagram so I can't say how it works on there.

Quote:
Is there a previous cosplay you've done that you would be interested in revamping/improving?
I am nearly dropping my Goku. I just could never get it right, where I was happy with it. I have considered changing it to Krillin now that I'm going bald, but I've never had much interest in him. Capt America is my one I would like to do, but I am committed to losing weight before I do him, as to be able to do it justice. I have been considering once again revamping Guts, but I can't really identify what I went wrong with the armor, which is by far the biggest issue.
Hiccup (HTTYD: The Hidden World) - Otakon 2018

Slapthefatcat Cosplays
Southern Maryland Cosplayers Group (Anyone can join)

Last edited by Slapthefatcat : 05-10-2018 at 09:10 PM.
Slapthefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-11-2018, 12:59 PM   #79577
xIkuna

LED's are so confusing ;__; why did I choose such a hard prop, with such a short amount of time to make it...

Cosplays:
Yennefer- The Witcher 3
Magik (Phoenix Force)- Marvel

xIkuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2018, 09:23 PM   #79578
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Fucking HELL. Two weeks to Anime North, and my cold rebounded a few days ago. I can barely go ten seconds without coughing or blowing my damn nose! And colds are the one illness that lasts forEVER in my damn body, especially the lingering cough. No, it is NOT going to be good business to keep coughing on my AA merchandise all weekend....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2018, 09:42 AM   #79579
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

So friend and I had our cosplay making day. Holy crap, peekaboo skirts take FOREVER to make. X_X I managed to make the full body of the skirt but I need to do all of the details still.

Also picked up the Kat Von D eyebrow pomade and guys, IT WORKS. It's highly pigmented and it even shows up with one swipe on my dark eyebrows. I need to get oil based wipes though as it is a pain to get off. Only bought it in red since I do a lot of red-heads. I know it lightens to orange(from my adventures in Sephora trying to get it off. =-=). Just need to figure out a way to do it consistently so I can use it for Gudako.

~Twitter~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2018, 06:51 PM   #79580
Respawning

So I did go ahead and pay to promote one of my posts on Instagram out of sheer curiousity (don't know if I will do it again, but it was interesting). And someone sent me hate mail about it. Basically they hate cosplay, wish drag would take over, and hope all their followers report me. Lol!

Completed costumes:Commander Shepard, Steampunk Valkyrie OC, Tiefling Sorcerer OC, Morrigan, Thor, Daenerys Targaryen, Steampunk OC, Ciri
Future costumes: Aloy, Maleficent, Satyr/Faun OC, Galadriel, DC Bombshells Batwoman, Art Nouveau mermaid, Felmmigan (Morrigan/Flemeth) Dragon Age
Working on: ??

Instagram, Facebook, Facebook Group
Respawning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2018, 07:18 PM   #79581
xIkuna

Quote:
So I did go ahead and pay to promote one of my posts on Instagram out of sheer curiousity (don't know if I will do it again, but it was interesting). And someone sent me hate mail about it. Basically they hate cosplay, wish drag would take over, and hope all their followers report me. Lol!
Ummm some people are bizarre lmao how did it work otherwise? I'm tempted to try....

Cosplays:
Yennefer- The Witcher 3
Magik (Phoenix Force)- Marvel

xIkuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2018, 08:32 PM   #79582
Respawning

Quote:
Originally Posted by xIkuna View Post
Ummm some people are bizarre lmao how did it work otherwise? I'm tempted to try....
I'm pretty happy with it so far. I recently changed my profile to a business account after attending a panel on social media for cosplayers, and it lets you see a breakdown of statistics on each post. Since starting the promotion (I did $14 USD over 7 days, with 3 days to go) that post has "reached" over 1000 accounts, gotten 46 profiles visits, and around 40 or more "likes" (my average is somewhere between 30-40 otherwise), and I've gotten about 20 new followers. I may try it again when I get a photoshoot done, but for a fun little experiment I'm happy with it. I don't know if it's viewed poorly to pay to promote your posts or not, but I am just experimenting with different ways of expanding my reach.

And that woman was hilarious. I just blocked her, but then she must have gone to my profile, found another picture where I tagged my friend, and went to HER profile to rag on her. Well, that was the wrong person to rag on, because she just trolled her back and made her even more mad because my friend wasn't getting upset she was just pointing out how ridiculous she was acting. Now angry chick has blocked both of us

Completed costumes:Commander Shepard, Steampunk Valkyrie OC, Tiefling Sorcerer OC, Morrigan, Thor, Daenerys Targaryen, Steampunk OC, Ciri
Future costumes: Aloy, Maleficent, Satyr/Faun OC, Galadriel, DC Bombshells Batwoman, Art Nouveau mermaid, Felmmigan (Morrigan/Flemeth) Dragon Age
Working on: ??

Instagram, Facebook, Facebook Group
Respawning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2018, 02:06 PM   #79583
Lost Cause
You're in my way, sir.

Quote:
I'm pretty happy with it so far. I recently changed my profile to a business account after attending a panel on social media for cosplayers, and it lets you see a breakdown of statistics on each post. Since starting the promotion (I did $14 USD over 7 days, with 3 days to go) that post has "reached" over 1000 accounts, gotten 46 profiles visits, and around 40 or more "likes" (my average is somewhere between 30-40 otherwise), and I've gotten about 20 new followers. I may try it again when I get a photoshoot done, but for a fun little experiment I'm happy with it. I don't know if it's viewed poorly to pay to promote your posts or not, but I am just experimenting with different ways of expanding my reach.

And that woman was hilarious. I just blocked her, but then she must have gone to my profile, found another picture where I tagged my friend, and went to HER profile to rag on her. Well, that was the wrong person to rag on, because she just trolled her back and made her even more mad because my friend wasn't getting upset she was just pointing out how ridiculous she was acting. Now angry chick has blocked both of us
Well yeah. How dare your friend not react in the way they were supposed to.

Also if I've learned anything from making big fluffy not-cat ears it's that bright fur and dark pants do not mix. So my legs are covered in lime green hairs now.

Instagram - Facebook
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2018, 07:40 PM   #79584
Alyxiane
Still a growing bud.

Ooops I guess Fanime's next week. Lot of caught ups with my life, so I haven't had the motivation to finish Miriam's sword by Fanime. *sighs* At least Miriam herself is good to go, and I'll even have the tattoos ready by this weekend.

I might've burnt myself out with cosplaying a little since I started checking out some of the local meetups. It's nice seeing people I'd otherwise only meet up during Fanime, but I don't think I can constantly keep up with trying to have a cosplay ready for every event that's happening, and it might have affected my excitement for Fanime a bit at least in terms of getting cosplays ready and finding photographers to do shoots with. oof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLiza View Post
Also picked up the Kat Von D eyebrow pomade and guys, IT WORKS. It's highly pigmented and it even shows up with one swipe on my dark eyebrows. I need to get oil based wipes though as it is a pain to get off. Only bought it in red since I do a lot of red-heads. I know it lightens to orange(from my adventures in Sephora trying to get it off. =-=). Just need to figure out a way to do it consistently so I can use it for Gudako.
I've been eyeing on that pomade for a good minute because of the color choices! Part of me wants to snag a couple to experiment with (the white one can apparently be used for mixing?) once I actually have the money to do such a thing.
Mai ~ ATLA | Fairy Hanayo ~ Love Live! | AN-94 ~ Girls' Frontline

Alyxiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2018, 09:44 AM   #79585
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxiane View Post
I've been eyeing on that pomade for a good minute because of the color choices! Part of me wants to snag a couple to experiment with (the white one can apparently be used for mixing?) once I actually have the money to do such a thing.
Yeah, I want to snag the white too for that reason. ^_^ Going to be playing around with my white Nyx pencil for now to see if I can get the same effect...after I get that oil based remover. xD

Debating if I want to bring Suzuka for Anext or not. I loved how at Zenkai I was like, "I hate this so much, I'm never wearing this again!" and now I'm like, "I at LEAST want to wear her one more time for pictures..."

~Twitter~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2018, 09:59 AM   #79586
Lost Cause
You're in my way, sir.

So mounting my ears to my tiara has shown that I almost never have enough hands for a given task.

Also one of my boot stars got crushed under a textbook. I'm not sure if I managed to salvage it and I don't know if I have the materials to turn out another.

Instagram - Facebook
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2018, 09:56 PM   #79587
TeaForThought
Knows nothing

Finding out that you can actually go to a convention last minute is always fun. Now...to figure out what to pack.
Unread 05-18-2018, 11:30 PM   #79588
Angelx624
Left here but came back!

I'm actually mostly ready for Fanime. All my cosplays are done, have everything planned out and settled, just some minor things to do before con!

"No matter where I go or what I see, I know I can always come back here. Right?" -Kairi

"Looks like today we're clockin' out early!" -Reno

Yay! (ノ•ω•)ノ

Angelx624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2018, 03:04 PM   #79589
Zoeyromanov

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaForThought View Post
Finding out that you can actually go to a convention last minute is always fun. Now...to figure out what to pack.
This is me right now, too.

Anime North 2019:
TBD

Future plans:
Ryoken Kogami/Revolver (genderbent, standard outfit), Yugioh Vrains
Shay Obsidian/Shun Kurosaki (genderbent), Yugioh Arc-V
Lulu Obsidian/Ruri Kurosaki, Yugioh Arc-V

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram / CureCos

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too." -- Wonder Woman, Justice League War

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
BIRD POWER!
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2018, 04:11 PM   #79590
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Crap, no way the bf&I will beable to get our medieval shoes in time for the first Renfaire, and we're in historically accurate garb, so that REALLY bites. The place we're ordering from requires about six weeks for production and shipping and they have no ready stock available that's historically accurate and fits our outfits. First faire is in exactly three weeks....
I can cheat with a pair of my old ballet slippers or flats, but he's got nothing remotely medieval-looking to put on (he owns a pair of converse, a pair of modern dress shoes and a pair of steel-toed boots...). And I don't have the time or the leatherworking skill to try and stitch up a pair of turnshoes for him. And of COURSE he didn't want footed hose. I might have to just try and alter the ones I made him for a temporary foot/sole anyway, even though the pattern for that part was absolutely horrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 05-19-2018 at 04:14 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote